Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

As many of you noticed we were gone a good part of yesterday. I have spent a great deal of time the past few days researching the most effective way for a layperson to be able to protect themselves from demons. There seems to be a few branches of thought and they are both linked to Christianity; Catholic and Protestant. If you are not a Christian I would still recommend you do it because I personally believe that we all share a common God we just all call Him by different names so if you are Buddhist, Agnostic, even Atheist and you are worried about the demon epidemic these are some ancient and trusted methods of keeping a demon at bay.

I don't want to unneccesarily frighten anyone but I do think that everyone should understand the weight of what we are discussing and know that in many religious texts, not just Christian, when a human or even angel encounters a demon it is referred to as a "battle" and for good reason. Ridding yourself of even a low-level demon is serious business that can have long-lasting side effects emotionally, mentally and sometime physically for the parties involved.

First of all I know that it is difficult to come by holy water, not everyone has access to it and so in the absence of holy water you can use distilled water that you say the Lord's Prayer over and ask the Lord to charge the water with protective properties.

The easiest method of keeping a demon at bay is to get yourself homemade or church holy water, hold it in your hands, go into each room of your house and sprinkle the water across the room while saying loudly "I renounce you in the name of Jesus Christ and I am washed in His blood". Every single room of your home and in some cases of heightened activity you should go outside and do it around the perimeter of your building or home. This is a method used for thousands of years and can drive away a demon and keep it from entering your home.

The second method is lengthier and should be used by someone experiencing more activity.

You will need a large candle and a Bible.

Light the candle and if you live with other members of your family you all need to join hands making a complete circle, if you are alone clasp your hands together making a circle of yourself.

You will all start by reciting the Lord's prayer outloud together.
"Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
forever."

And let me also interject here that having a large swing in emotions while performing this is natural -feeling rage then deep sorrow then anger then feelings of peace - these drastic mood swings are natural when mortals are dealing with unnatural forces.

Next you will all recite this verse of protection:
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" -Isaiah 5:20

At this point let each of those participating say a few words if they feel the need to. This needs to be a time of solidarity between all those involved and if you are doing this alone you should speak out anything you feel prompted to.

Next you will all recite aloud this verse of humble thanks:
"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: the Lord make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: the Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give the peace."
Numbers 6:24-25

Next you will all recite aloud this verse of recognition:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."
Psalms 27:1-3

Next you will all recite aloud this verse of protection:
"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Psalm 55:22

If anyone by this point feels the need to re-recite any of the verses say them as many times as you feel needed. Open yourself to the protective spirits of God and allow them to guide you to what needs to be said by each of you and what may need to be said over and over again.

End with this verse of conclusion:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

And if you feel the need to sing hymns, say another prayer or otherwise rejoice unto each other for the request of protection and peace do what your heart moves you to do.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Magnolia, can you also expound how our spirits can help us, and which spirits are most able to combat demons? Of course, I realize that demons are of various orders within that kingdom, some are strong and some are weak.

What are the warning signs we are dealing with something we may need help with?

What spirits can help us combat low level, medium level, and high level demons?

Thank you so much for posting.
Blessed Be,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Magnolia that is excellent,thank you for posting that. I'm going to place that on my website giving you full credit. This is what we ended up doing but we had to do it over and over again. It did work.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Rain
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank You for the wonderful info Magnolia! I'm printing this out to keep with me. Another great Pearl of Wisdom! :D

Great questions Alex, I have been busy thinking about the same thing. :geek:

My destiny is to know what I don't know
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Yes, it does depend on what demons you are dealing with.

Entities that can be used as protection against demons and demonic entities:

*Angels
*Djinn
*Gargoyles
*Wraiths
*Vampires (only the Sanguine and only a low-level demon)
*Werewolves
*Hellhounds
*Dracs
*Basilisks
*Black Dragons

There's quite a few, any Dark Arts entity with the power of protection will be able to help you.

As far as warning signs go you'll know when it begins because bad things start to happen, and not little, bad things that can be attributed to gremlins but really bad things, personal things. Because as I said it is a battle and it is going to be personal to you.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Rain
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

What about Human Spirits? Like Monks, Priests, Holy orders like Templar?

I was drawn to mine because I love those time periods in history but I was wondering if they would stand up to that kind of evil.

Could they harm a bound spirit? I know that a demon would want to torment my Soul and destroy me but would they do the same to them. If so would it be better to put them away and tell them to hide out untill things are under control? I would think the more help the better, but I would not want to put my friends in danger.

My destiny is to know what I don't know
6dogs4us
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thanks Magnolia, I printed a copy out and will keep it "just in case". I hope I never have to use it.

Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thanks magnolia...i hope not to run into a demon, :? but it's nice to have!

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Thank you Magnolia,
Better to be prepared than to be taken by surprise! I too have printed this off and placed it in my book.

Are you going to add a section to the encyclopedia about what to do if............
Demons
Gremlins
other unwanteds?

Once you have this all compiled it will be massive! I can just picture it leather bound, gold tooling, and that oh so sweet smell of a newly bound book........... please let us know if you do decide to print it!

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
m_m
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, immortals
Zodiac:

Magnolia thank you for posting this thread. This is very hepful!

Return to “Black Arts”