The Amphisbaena Report

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
protoomega
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Pegasus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Wow, it's great to hear about so many wonderful experiences!

I got mine as one of the personalized freebies from this last batch of orders. There was no info though. Is this normal? Also, do they have names already, or are they one of the spirits that we need to name for ourselves?

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I'm getting a custom conjured amphisbaena soon. Can't wait.
While we're on this subjuct though, i have a question. Why aren't amphisbaena recommended treats?

FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Protomega, they do not have names.

I LOVE mine! I have both an amphibaena and caladrius, they were sent to help me with some health issues. I sleep with them under my pillow every night and I get a good nights sleep with a great improvement in my breathing. The amphi has a cooling energy to me (which helps ease my chest), while the caladrius offers a healing warmth. These are my experiences with my amphi!

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
protoomega
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Pegasus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix
Zodiac:

Thanks Faerie! That's really good to know. Yes, mine has helped me with recovering from strep this week. He's rather quiet, and very snarky. Love it! :D

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I have an SRA Caladrius and after the healing she did on my burnt hand, I realized that I should also get an amphisbaena. No idea why I haven't thought of it before except that I'm not a snaky kind of girl. But I'll adapt!

I would like to get a custom conjured one. When asking for a custom with this type of spirit, would you talk about the health issues you'd like to work with?? For example, I am having issues with RSI issues and my shoulder/elbow/wrist. It has become quite painful due to the fact that my job requires me to spend about 99% of my time on the computer. But I'd also like some help with allergies. Do you think they'd help with that??

And what about issues with eyesight. Mine is a mess. I've talked about it in another thread...but suffice it to say, my eyes are a mess. (Too many things going on at once to easily correct them with contacts and/or glasses).

And lastly, what about weight issues and hypothyroidism.

All of these, particularly the allergies and hypothyroidism and weight, are long-term issues. Does anyone have any experience with their amphisbaena for issues others than colds/flu and arthritis/rheumatism??

Thanks...

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote:I have an SRA Caladrius and after the healing she did on my burnt hand, I realized that I should also get an amphisbaena. No idea why I haven't thought of it before except that I'm not a snaky kind of girl. But I'll adapt!

I would like to get a custom conjured one. When asking for a custom with this type of spirit, would you talk about the health issues you'd like to work with?? For example, I am having issues with RSI issues and my shoulder/elbow/wrist. It has become quite painful due to the fact that my job requires me to spend about 99% of my time on the computer. But I'd also like some help with allergies. Do you think they'd help with that??

And what about issues with eyesight. Mine is a mess. I've talked about it in another thread...but suffice it to say, my eyes are a mess. (Too many things going on at once to easily correct them with contacts and/or glasses).

And lastly, what about weight issues and hypothyroidism.

All of these, particularly the allergies and hypothyroidism and weight, are long-term issues. Does anyone have any experience with their amphisbaena for issues others than colds/flu and arthritis/rheumatism??

Thanks...
Completely :offtopic:

I remembered reading about your eye problem ellegria, and i read something today which might of interest to you about it.

In Hatha-yoga there is a technique called trāṭaka, in which one
gazes at a very minute object such as a point on a wall, or the
flame of a candle. It is said by the Sanskrit texts that the practice
should be continued until tears are shed, and then all sorts of eye
diseases will be cured. I have often heard Indian masters comment
that during trāṭaka the tears released many ‘poisons’ and negative
energies that had accumulated in the eyes. As a physician, I have
found this technique very helpful in correcting certain defects of
eyesight, if applied early enough. Quite a few people were able to
get rid of their glasses by doing this exercise. It worked for people
who had not been wearing them for too long, no longer than a
few months or maximum one or two years. In particular, trāṭaka
works wonders on teenagers.
All this is to tell you that if you reach the stage where your eyes
are burning and tears start rolling down your face, you should not
worry but rejoice. According to the ancient science of Hatha-yoga,
this will release tensions from your eyes and prevent several
diseases.

Probably wont be much help to you but i thought i'd give this to you in some form ( cant PM) incase you're interested in this.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I received one of my two amphisbaena's today. I saw the question but no answer.

Do they not have names or genders?? Also, no description?? He/She/It just came in a plastic bag marked "AMPHISBAENA" and C5.

Anybody??

Also, does anyone wear/carry their amphis with them all the time? And if so, how does their spirit like that? I know some prefer to be you always and others, not so much. Just wondering what type of vessel to transmute my amphis to when the time comes. I generally don't like hauling little stones around me. They get lost too easily.

Thanks in advance....

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote:I received one of my two amphisbaena's today. I saw the question but no answer.

Do they not have names or genders?? Also, no description?? He/She/It just came in a plastic bag marked "AMPHISBAENA" and C5.

Anybody??

Also, does anyone wear/carry their amphis with them all the time? And if so, how does their spirit like that? I know some prefer to be you always and others, not so much. Just wondering what type of vessel to transmute my amphis to when the time comes. I generally don't like hauling little stones around me. They get lost too easily.

Thanks in advance....
I received my Amphi today! No they don't have names or genders but i got a description that just said Healing, cleansing.

So everything else about they're personality you'll probably have to figure out.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135

Bump, I would love to hear more about amphisbaenas.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Chelly wrote:Bump, I would love to hear more about amphisbaenas.
I don't know what to say about my Amphisbeana really, i get the feeling that he/she's a little less social. I've never really felt like he was someone to talk to or who was really interested in chatting much. I know Lampys amphy sounds rather chatty but i've not yet had that impression from mine. I've found i've had most success with mine when i've asked for him to focus on healing some issue or other.
For instance, if i have a problem somewhere on my body, i've asked amphy to focus healing on there. I wont usually have instantaneous success, but over a few hours the problem will usually go. Also what helps is meditating with the vessel and doing some excercise and asking him to help it heal certain areas. I've also found that if i have a problem while i'm about to go to sleep, i've asked him to focus on something then and often i feel much better when i wake up in the morning.
Another thing to take note of is something Terror Misu mentioned on somewhere, that amphisbeana can help with making healthy choices. Well, it got me thinking that i like chocolate a lot and do help my self to it alot. However i have been spending more time thinking about what i eat, ect; more, and when i'm in the store, i'll think, is that really benificial for me to have now? This seemed to start around the time i got my Amphy.
I still bye chocolate now and again but i spend more time thinking about making healthy choices then i used to.

I hope that helped you a little. That's just some of my experiences with one.

Return to “Creatures A-J”