Black Arts?

Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Oh, it's probably because you are new here. A Baka is a Voodoo spirit that is dark in nature because it's dangerous. It is not recommended for the inexperienced keeper because of the dark nature. There are plenty of DA's out there that would be a good choice for a first time keeper. Baka is not one of them
C. Dean
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Capricornus-Aquarion wrote:I do have a kelpie, i know someone who has a hydra, and i know someone else who has a dybbuk. Firm hands needed for all three but then I don't really consider a kelpie as dark as black. Personally I have a few Fenrirs though.
Where in the world did you acquire the kelpie? And why don't you consider it black? Preying on humans is pretty evil last I checked.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Kelpies are actually considered grey arts because not all fall into the Black Arts rating.

Any that are Black Arts have to go through a pre-approval process before we will bind them for someone because we do not offer Black Arts to the general public for obvious reasons.
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
C. Dean
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Kelpies are actually considered grey arts because not all fall into the Black Arts rating.

Any that are Black Arts have to go through a pre-approval process before we will bind them for someone because we do not offer Black Arts to the general public for obvious reasons.
Is it possible that the CH store will ever start selling them, since they're grey?
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Magnolia will you ever offer Black Arts in the store like demons and stuff. You could make a requirement being that the person buying it must have been collecting for so long. For example you know when I started buying things from your store so like in two years I would be apporved to get such entities or something like that.
אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Angels_Fury
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

No offense to anyone intended, but there is a BIG difference between time that has passed and experience. And I would say it also would depend on what your experiences are. Obviously, there would be a big difference between collecting Butterfly faeries for 2 yrs and DA for 2 yrs. Not to mention, not everyone's skills would progress the same in 2 yrs either. As others have said, you would certainly want to start with DA before even considering black arts, in my honest opinion anyways.

AF
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

angels_fury - your post is full of knowledge and absolutely correct in my view. someone collecting only white art spirits for their years collecting would never be able to handle a pure black ranking spirit. good thoughts there and very honest too! :thumbup:

one spirit mentioned, the hydra, is specifically mentioned in the ch encyclopedia that due to it's nature that only a master of the dark arts should consider keeping one. to become a master in the dark arts requires a full knowledge of white and grey magick even prior to the knowledge of the dark arts. also, becoming a master of the dark arts is a lifestyle and an accomplished dedication and one which the individual has spent most of their life working on and always learning past that knowledge. a spirit with a true black ranking might be available but then one must ask themselves thruthfully and with all honesty....can i really handle a spirit as such with the knoweldge i possess if i never learn one more thing. follow the guidelines in the ch encyclopedia and people will stay out of trouble is how i look at it. there are numerous spirits in the da category which have called to me (even one that has called for over a year), but because of the time and effort (as well as his knowledge) that ash put into the descriptions i tend to think if he says one is not appropriate for a human keeper then that is a master of the da telling us - it's not for humans and i will not conjure one. just my thoughts but some of the darker grey da spirits should be good enough for anyone. take care! arsine :wave: :hug:
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Angels_Fury wrote:No offense to anyone intended, but there is a BIG difference between time that has passed and experience. And I would say it also would depend on what your experiences are. Obviously, there would be a big difference between collecting Butterfly faeries for 2 yrs and DA for 2 yrs. Not to mention, not everyone's skills would progress the same in 2 yrs either. As others have said, you would certainly want to start with DA before even considering black arts, in my honest opinion anyways.

AF
Yes I realize that. There would probably be a better test than what I suggested. However I believe that if someone was only collecting white arts they wouldn't jump the gun and get something black, that would be insane! lol But I started with dark arts right away so getting something black will probably be in my future, whenever I feel ready.
אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

That is why I bought my Baka, it called and has a black ranking. I thought long and hard about it before I bought it though so I do recommend some SERIOUS thinking and advice getting before jumping into that pool.
Zarathustra
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

Michael, you will want to be very careful before considering any truly black spirit. The darkest DA I have from CH is something I would still say is pretty harmless. Demons are not something to be taken lightly. No matter how effective the binding is, if they don't like you, or don't think you're worthy of them, sooner or later they will break you. The darkness is seductive. Once you have a black entity you can't control you will not want to let it go. It's at least 100 times worse than the calling of the one ring to rule them all from LotR. Combine these and you have a recipe for an unpleasant death.

Assuming you're human, many of the truly black creatures will be more trouble than they're worth. Why would you want to spend all your energy just making sure your nasty black spirit doesn't try to drown you in the tub for fun? I embrace the darkness, and even I would say that is pure madness. If you want to die, there are easier and less painful ways to go.

Demons in particular you will want to be very careful with. The weakest demon is going to be a lot more powerful than anything you have now. Weak demons are also ugly disgusting creatures that will torment you for fun. With a powerful demon you get around the "wants to kill you for fun" problem, but open up the door to "wants to kill you for being unworthy" or "wants to kill you for keeping him from his true master" and other problems. While their potential to make a difference in your life is huge, so is their potential to ruin you.

If you're set on keeping demons, slowly getting to know immortals who preside over demons would be a wise first step. Once you have a good relationship with that immortal, and have talked it over with someone who is versed in the black arts, then a demon loyal to that immortal MIGHT be something to consider. Reading this thread you sound like you're playing with a lighter over an open gas can. I won't tell you not to seek out true darkness if you're drawn to it, but those who do not destroy themselves gradually make that transition over a long period of time. It took me a little over a year to fully make the transition, and that is generally considered to be very very fast. I also had many advantages and resources helping in that that you won't. From the perspective of many black entities, humans are animals on the level of livestock. "But I'm friends with a black dragon" simply won't do. I don't say this to patronize you or anyone else in your position. The simple truth is that you have no way of knowing what you are asking. I've been in your shoes and I'll help you if you seek that advice. Right now you're dangerously close to not knowing what you're asking for until it is too late.

Return to “Black Arts”