Wraith Protect My Kids?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Hellion Darkmoon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 110
Spelled Number: 35
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightbringer
Zodiac:

Here's the issue. I'm gonna keep it short. My 11year old is being bullied on the bus. Certain kids wont let him sit in His assigned seat, they call him names and who knows what else. His bus driver doesn't want to be bothered about anything and is pretty much useless at his job.
Today he had his coat stolen by the kids sitting behind him and once again the bus driver wont do anything! In fact, my son told me that if kids take too long getting off the driver will start driving away! I have informed the bus company and the school about this but wont know anything until later.
My Question: If I were to ask my wraith to keep him protected from these kids and get them to leave him alone, would he? I don't want them hurt but would like them terrified at the thought of even thinking of messing with Either of my sons.

:feedback:

Thanks, Hellion D.

"I May Be By Myself But I Am Never Alone"-HD
"Every night I goto bed with a headache....When I wake up she's still there"-HD
"I'd tell ya to goto Hell but I work there and don't want to see you everyday"-HD
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

As a former bus bullied kid, I feel your son's pain.
Literally, I do.
There are times when you really want to punch people like that in the face but you know that you have to remain calm.

What I do know is that spirits can't interfere in our path of destiny, so if we're supposed to learn a lesson in this, to stand up more for ourselves (I was a shy kid until someone picked on me) spirits can't do much for that except try to guide us in making the right choice.

As an adult, I am now a stronger person for the experience.

I'm not sure how much the wraith would help unless the other kids could see or feel the "back off and don't mess with me" energy.

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

How about getting junior a spirit-protector of his own, such as a gargoyle or a dragon? I see Ileana's point but sometimes it is easier to stand up for yourself if you know someone (or something) has your back. it certainly would do no harm to tell Wraith to protect your kid but 'it' might feel that's someone else's job, you being it's main concern. I'm not sure about that.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I have two sons. My younger is a bit of a shy guy, too. He tolerates a lot of attitude coming his way, but he does have a limit. Thank God! However, he has his own spirits, a red dragon, a silver dragon, a young black dragon, and two courtwinds. These courtwinds are a mated pair that chose to be with him to help rectify justice. I haven't heard anything since then about kids picking on him.

I agree with both Mongrella and Ileana. A spirit or two of his own, like a gargoyle (my daughter's gargoyle took care of a kid who sent her a death letter - don't know what he did, but it didn't happen again), or a dragon. I think a courtwind is also a good one. They might also help your son to stand up for himself. I know it's hard to do when there are many against you. We teach our children that if there is no authority figure to protect you, then you better start swinging to teach them a lesson to not mess with you. If you get in trouble, that's why we are here. We'll take care of it.

Kids pick on others that are easy. There is no fear of retaliation or anything. They won't mess with kids who fight back. Normally.

Hellion Darkmoon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'd like to get them their own spirits but my Wife is completely against my kids even talking about my spirits, give them their own, Never.
I've tried telling him to stand up for himself but he's gotten it into his head that he can't break the rules even if the others are.
Maybe I can ask my Dragons. I have a Gold, a White and a Red, to see if they can help. I don't want to lie to my son and tell him they are with him when they're not because he can feel them. He would know if they were there or not.
He may just have to stand up to them and I'll deal with the school after.

Hellion D.

"I'd tell ya to goto Hell but I work there and don't want to see you everyday"-HD
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Asking your dragons sounds like a great idea. Your son will have to stand up to those bullies anyway, but receiving moral support, (indignation over ill treatment, sympathy about it, and reassurance) will make him feel less alone.

And frankly, if I'm turned around, feeling one way, and thinking or acting an opposite way, my spirits gently, kindly but very bluntly call me on it. So it may give him another perspective on things.

Another option might be to get a (friendly protective) custom spirit that's technically yours, but conjured to keep watch over him. And on the more tangible level, I suggest keeping on the school's case consistently. Eventually they'll do something about the bus situation, just to get you off their case.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Hellion Darkmoon wrote:Here's the issue. I'm gonna keep it short. My 11year old is being bullied on the bus. Certain kids wont let him sit in His assigned seat, they call him names and who knows what else. His bus driver doesn't want to be bothered about anything and is pretty much useless at his job.
Today he had his coat stolen by the kids sitting behind him and once again the bus driver wont do anything! In fact, my son told me that if kids take too long getting off the driver will start driving away! I have informed the bus company and the school about this but wont know anything until later.
My Question: If I were to ask my wraith to keep him protected from these kids and get them to leave him alone, would he? I don't want them hurt but would like them terrified at the thought of even thinking of messing with Either of my sons.

:feedback:

Thanks, Hellion D.
You certainly can ask a wraith to protect a child, but I would be very specific with my instructions. It's okay to scare them, but to do no physical harm. Also, not to show himself to your son, and not to take direction directly from your child. Children do not control their thought processes well enough and may think someone should be punished in an inappropriate way, on which a wraith could act.

A better protector would be a dragon.

On a physical level, I would be at the homes of those children whom stole the jacket in a new york minute and have a sit down with their parents. I would also contact other parents whose children ride the bus and go to the school board with my complaint on a driver. I have personally done this, years ago, having a driver pass by my child in the pouring rain, splashing her with water because she was a few feet away from the pick up spot when the driver passed by the house the first time and turned around at the dead end. She came so close to my child, it scared me, and my child came back into the house drenched with muddy water that the bus splashed on her. I also went to the home of a bus bully and spoke to his mother, and when he continued, I went to the principal. When he was told he would not longer be able to ride the bus, he chilled. Getting other parents whose children might have been bullied by the same person to go with you will strengthen the case.

Good luck ! Please keep us posted.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hellion, i have to agree with alex here - i would not let the stolen jacket remain an outstanding issue. while your child is on the bus it is the responsibility of the driver to get your child safely to the school. the fact that he allowed another child to steal leads me to believe the driver might lack something in character himself/herself. i'm sorry but i do not abide well with thieves or liars so this becomes a very personal issue when i hear a child having his jacket stolen in this weather! i would file a police report for the theft as well and make sure the school and bus company gets a copy of it. explain to them that this bully behavior has to stop and while your child is in their care you will hold them responsible. sorry if i sound a bit pissy but this kind of behavior from the bus driver and the school just irks me to no end.

as for a spirit i might suggest a gargoyle instead of a wraith, although i love my wraiths and it sounds to me like the brats/bullies your son is dealing with could use a bit of wraith power. just my thoughts. take care! arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

Lampo has a good idea there: a custom conjure whose job is kid-protection whilst belonging to, & taking orders from, you. That would get nicely around Mrs Darkmoon not wanting the kids to have spirits. I'd go for a black dragon, in that case.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Hellion Darkmoon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

My bad for not posting sooner on this subject. Tylers coat mysteriously showed up in his classroom sometime later the next day. I was pretty pissed about the whole situation, maybe one of my spirits acted on his behalf and got his coat returned...who knows.
The bus driver and the bullies have been dealt with by the school and things seem to be somewhat better. not perfect but better. Thanks again for the advice everyone :) :) :) .

Hellion D.

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”