searching for ideas/info for newbies and others needing help

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Gnaghi
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Apart from the use of the Detect, Bind, and Bond Pendulum, my first really successful connections were by what I would call Gazing. Simply hold the vessel in whichever hand you normally would, get relaxed and gaze at and through the vessel whilst focusing in a relaxed manner on the spirit. One can do this by repeating the spirit's name or the particular spirits race (Volkh etc.) mentally as you gaze at and through the vessel. It's basically open-eye meditation for those who have trouble focusing with their eyes closed.

Cheers,
Gnaghi
Gna
Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: That's too hard
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy...
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Gnaghi- great tip! I'm going to go try that right now. I have't a clue how to meditate I can't seem to ever visualize anything & my mind races. I think the only reason I finally had luck with the pendulum the other night was because I was listening to a third eye meditation file that I found in one of the other threads and I stared at a candle till I felt calm. I'll try your method for sure.
I thought I posted in here lastnight what happened when I took the Faeries for our stargazing walk but either it just hasn't posted yet or I put it in the wrong thread. I'll look around for it & if I can't find it I'll repost!
I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. The world feels revived. Anberlin
Username change to Untaimed
Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well I don't know what happened to my post about our "stargazing" adventure so I thought I would repost it. I took my guys out last night and while watching the stars the craziest thing happened. :daze: I was looking around & picking out the different constellations that I recognize when I ended up zeroing in on the little dipper. Thats when the stars started to move, :eh: I swear I watched it break apart & move around, kinda like a wave then go back into position. I started looking around at other stars & 1 in particular caught my attention. It was very bright & it started moving around too. Up, down, sideways it wasn't really darting but just kinda gliding all around. I don't know if I've lost whats left of my mind or if my Dragons & Fae were playing with me but it was absolutely amazing to watch. Let me add that I don't drink or do drugs! :crazy:
I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. The world feels revived. Anberlin
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Sounds like they had a wonderful time stargazing with you.. IF the skys ever clear up here I may have to give it a try myself... :thumbup:
freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

I'm gonna have to take my Star Fairy out for a bit one of these nights. It sounds like everyone enjoyed being out watching the stars.
I've just been meditating/talking (I can't meditate for anything-I get too distracted) with everyone. Takes awhile, but everyone gets a chance to spend some time with me. I am always talking out loud to them too...
Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln
Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Freya- that's where I am too, I can't meditate yet either. So in the mean time I just talk to them in my head or out loud & keep their vessels on me all the time. I've only had luck with the pendulum the 1 time but I have faith that one day.... :clap:
freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

LOL I know...it's all gonna happen eventually...the waiting is the hardest part lol.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Bumping this, forgot about all the good info givin here. A good reminder for me and maybe help others too.
RoseCityTarot
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Zephyr
Zodiac:

None of my spirits have arrived yet, but my star faery was sent out a couple days ago. I'm Buddhist so my altar has several tiers. I've dedicated one tier to my spirits. I e started a dragon hoard for my dragons and have added crystals to the altar as well. Some are from the spirits' associations, while others are from research I've done. I've known for awhile that Holey stones are associated with fey, and more recently I learned that herkimer diamond quartz is associated with fey so I put those on my altar as well. (When I went to the beach last year I found a bunch of Holey stones lying about.)

I bought a notebook that I'm using for notes on my spirits. It's divided in half, with the front dedicated to lists of associations and invocations, and the back half dedicated to little profiles on my spirits and general stuff like thoughts and ideas.

I purchased a water faery and have a merman, Loxy and Loch Ness on my wish list. I love swimming and always swim in my mermaid tails these days so they're going to go swimming with me.

One idea I've had is making jewelry out of my spirits' vessels since I'm a crafty person and I want to try my hand at wire-wrapping. I've also thought of making a charm bracelet master vessel and have gotten a few charms for that. I know I can buy this stuff from CH but I feel like it'd be a kinda special thing if I go the DIY route, and that it'd enhance the bonding experience between me and my spirits. (I wouldn't shuffle them around right away though, since I want to give them time to settle into their new homes first.)
Do not injustice to another, defend the weak and innocent. Let truth and honor always guide you, let courage find a life within. Stand up when no one else is willing, act not in hatred or in spite. Be to this world as a perfect knight, even if it means your life.

My Spirit Family: Star Faery, Gargoyle, Water Faery, Galactic Being
Arriving Soon: Copper Dragon, Green Dragon, Fylgia, Faery of Light, Loch Ness

Return to “Connecting”