Fae offerings

mama_wolf
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I got some info from a very reliable source stating that fae do not like mirror and one should not place their vessel close to a mirror. I wonder what are others' experience with this. :?

Keira
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I too would like to know if the mirror is a bad thing to them. I haven't heard this, but any information is helpful. I also heard that water in general was bad for the spirits, I mean the vessel wise. Is it ok to get it wet? I was reading around and I noticed some people were mentioning things like that, then I also saw where someone said they take showers with their spirits to insure more bonding. Or is this one of those things that depends on the individual?

EDIT: If they do not like mirrors, then how would the invocation work? The one I read says you stand or sit in front of a mirror with the vessel.

ambiew
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: faeries
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I don't know about mirrors..but your faery offerings sound great! :applause:

AMBER

"Vampires,werewolves and faeries make my life magikal"
Keira
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thanks! I hope she is pleased. I actually acquired a table recently and plan to move everything over to it as I think it would be better.

Manannanschild
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Tuatha de Danann
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Manannanschild
Zodiac:

As an amateur folklorist and a Irish pagan I have done extensive research on faery lore. I have never heard anything about the Fair Folk not liking mirrors. Seems a little weird since many of them possess striking beauty. Maybe for some of the others like hags, bogies, urisks, it might be true though. The most common traditional offering from Ireland is freshly baked bread spread with butter and a glass of milk. However there may be differing offerings depending on the species/race and/or location.

A descendant of Manannan mac Lir, through his child Cliodhna, the Queen of Banshees. Practitioner of necromancy and spirit-working. Spiritual companions include: 1 Irish River Djinn, 2 Banshees, 3 Slaugh Sidhe, 10 Reanimates, 6 Ghoul Djinn, 4 Black Hounds, 1 Samhain Dragon, 4 Human Necromancers, 2 Weremothers, 4 Nosfecunda, 1 Fertility Witch, 5 Crow-Maidens, 8 Irish Vampires, 9 Skeletal Guards, 5 Bone Golems, 2 Tomb Legionaires, 4 Units of Phantom Soldiers, 1 Bog Mummy, 23 Dark Phoenixes...
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

I have heard of some beings that get entrances by their own reflection or such, maybe that's the issue.

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I built a faery cottage for my girls. Trees surrounding, crystals everywhere, hanging glass fairy orbs filled with tiny sparkling diamond crystals, fairy charms which I find or make for them. The door to the cottage opens and closes, and I put offerings of flowers and candy inside for them. They like popcorn, I drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon onto European ginger cookies for them (their idea lol). All of them asked for candy, chewy gumdrop with sprinkles on them. I surround their cottage with these and they love them.
This cottage is their space alone, as I have a lot of DA beings here. Though they all get along and love each other, my girls love having their own safe space. They do some funky fun things in there with portals and Magick but I don't pay attention to them and I just let them play. πŸ˜†

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
π•―π–†π–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–“π–†

Return to β€œFaery”