neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I am in the process of making a faery alter, and need to know what kind of offerings to give. I was told bread and honey, and warm milk. About the milk, can it be homogenized milk? I was reading on a website and it said they do not like homogenized milk. Is this true? What other kind of milk could I get then? One question about the honey and bread. Does the break need to be crumbled up? And does the honey need to be on the bread or just set out? Sorry so many questions, I just want to make sure it will please her! Any other suggestions are welcome as well!

Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Spiritual ME!
Zodiac:

I just place a dab of honey on a plate. I leave out some candy. I place leaves, shiny pebbles, beads, feathers and such out a variety of days a week. I put milk out--in a shot glass---and it's 1%.

I have a small fountain that runs in the winter--for them to wash and play in the water. I have mirrors around it--they love to look at themselves. They love music--have that playing around your alter. Crystals that hang in windows.....

They take the 'love and gratitude' from the offering..so don't expect your goodies to be gone...though it has happend!
Also-some don't like their names to be used. So I say: "Come my little Fae Friends." I also do not ga-ga on them. They like simple gratitude..if that. My Brownie does not want anything directed to him. So-we keep it low key...LOL.

Username change to *Beauty*
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

keira; i have a lot of plants, flowers and greenery around where my fae are and i make sure they have a small bowl of water (no fountain although that sounds like a wonderfully thoughtful expression of love and appreciation). the fae area is near my egyptian antiquities and every once in a while i can hear the sistrum move and make music so i take that as the fae really liking the sound the sistrum makes. ladyme has provided some great ideas that all of us could incorporate for our own fae! ;) take care and enjoy your day, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Keira
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thank you for the replies :)

I was also wondering about the name thing, too. Thank you for clearing that up. I don't normally say her name when speaking of her, so I guess that was a good thing! I do have a zen fountain. It doesn't drop water, but it has this large marble ball that sits in the middle and has a pump under it to make it roll around in place, and has like a little gorge around the sides to catch the water and put it in the bottom to recycle it back through. Would this work? There are some things I still need to get in order to "complete" my altar. I am thinking of buying a special altar for it, that way she knows it is just for her (and if she has friends lol), or I do have a bakers rack that we don't really use. I have some Egyptian things sitting on it like figurines and a fake daisy plant, but that is all it is used for. I thought it would be perfect since it has all sorts of shelves and space.

Question about altar, is an altar cloth necessary? And what exactly are they used for?

I still have to get some crystals, wind chimes, decorations, figures, plants, etc. I want to go all out for this! I also have a garden to make.

Thank you guys for helping me out, everyone has been so helpful! :grouphug:

Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I have a wooden stand up jewelry box in my bedroom...right in front of a window. I have the fountain on it..with a little round mirror, bowls of shells/beads/glass/feathers/stones, and a small tea light lit daily for them. I have a small 5X8 gold framed photo of a beautiful fae....just a lovely surrounding. It is not an 'alter' but a sweet place for them to hang out.
So there's no alter cloth--but you can use any beautiful fabric...follow your heart and ask them for guidance on what they'd like :thumbup:

My mermaids and loxy hang out there also.

I have a reading/meditation room where I have multiple crystals hanging on it. They love this too...anything shiny that will reflect light.

In the spring I start to organize an outdoor space for them..and leave fresh water out..sometimes burn innsence..and play music outdoors.

Go to your local library and find kid's books on Fae...you will learn so much...and get great ideas. Many buy unfinished bird houses and decorate them with stones and such. They welcome the fae to use this as their homes.....

So anything goes!

Keira
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I went out and got some things for my faery yesterday. I got some colored polished rocks and a mesh and glitter bag with a bow and put some of the rocks in the bag to sit on the altar. What was left of them I scattered across the empty spots on the surface. I also got a lavender scented reed diffuser, and some scented oil for my oil warmer. I thought the polished rocks would have been a great thing to add since they were shiny, and the bag too.

I will look for some books!

I actually found some small birdhouses that didn't have any paint or anything on them in the craft section. They were very small, is size an issue? I had ideas for a birdhouse to decorate for her.

ranae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
Zodiac:

Are these ideas for certain type of fae, or do all of them like these? I have a woodland faery and a faery from the SRA. I'm still new at all of this, and just wondered if they all like the same things.

Thanks!

Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Keira wrote:I went out and got some things for my faery yesterday. I got some colored polished rocks and a mesh and glitter bag with a bow and put some of the rocks in the bag to sit on the altar. What was left of them I scattered across the empty spots on the surface. I also got a lavender scented reed diffuser, and some scented oil for my oil warmer. I thought the polished rocks would have been a great thing to add since they were shiny, and the bag too.

I will look for some books!

I actually found some small birdhouses that didn't have any paint or anything on them in the craft section. They were very small, is size an issue? I had ideas for a birdhouse to decorate for her.
I don't think size is an issue...some fae are very tiny. I'm sure it will look wonderful. Somewhere on this site there's a thread of pics that some crafted on birdhouses...I'll see if I can find it.

spiritsearcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 250
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think this would be a wonderful Fae offering as well....

VINTAGE ~ GORGEOUS GLASS FAERY TREE (small) #3 (C5)
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-GORGEOUS-GL ... 1c0f10edd2

DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Many fae are attracted to similar items - water, plants etc - but some more than others. Get feedback from others - like you're doing - read the encyclopedia but most of all, ASK them what they like, they will let you know in one way or another. As far as treats go, the more NATURAL or ORGANIC the better, fae don't like all the crap we tend to put in our foods. Enjoy your fae :grouphug:

Peace, light & love

Phil

Return to “Faery”