Gaki

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the faes
If I could be anything, I would be...: a fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Fera
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:26 pm I guess this is a matter of DA spirits and their duplicity. They aren't nice, not necessarily always at least, and they're definitely a responsibility. There will be things I won't agree with them on.

You have only WA spirits in your keep, right? I'm sure they would be supportive of your decisions. (:
No I don’t only have WA but they are all kind and supportive anyways ❤️, I think we shouldn’t forget that DA spirits includes a lot of spirits and being DA doesn’t mean not being kind or anything like that. My DA are lovely. Could they go after someone that made me sad and ruin their day? Sure. Does that mean that they know nothing about kindness and love? No. Just a different way to express it. Also, I am a believer that if you only have DA that you connect to and cultivate a great environment for your spirits there shouldn’t be any problem since they also want to make you happy. Can you disagree with their ways? Sure, but you can disagree with WA too. We should really stop the mindset that WA is love, light, perfection and that DA is sinister, mean, ugly because it really isn’t just that, or even at all.

Fées, répandez partout la rosée sacrée des champs.♡ 333
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:25 pm No I don’t only have WA but they are all kind and supportive anyways ❤️, I think we shouldn’t forget that DA spirits includes a lot of spirits and being DA doesn’t mean not being kind or anything like that. My DA are lovely. Could they go after someone that made me sad and ruin their day? Sure. Does that mean that they know nothing about kindness and love? No. Just a different way to express it. Also, I am a believer that if you only have DA that you connect to and cultivate a great environment for your spirits there shouldn’t be any problem since they also want to make you happy. Can you disagree with their ways? Sure, but you can disagree with WA too. We should really stop the mindset that WA is love, light, perfection and that DA is sinister, mean, ugly because it really isn’t just that, or even at all.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you at all, marsnymph. I'm very well aware that DA doesn't only spell out bad things. Angels can be meanies and lie, and a succubus can have the kindest heart imaginable and never cause any trouble. I'm not arguing about that. I have a whole different mindset in regards to categorising WA, DA and BA anyway, so there's that.

All I wanted to say is that I'm not going to argue with a centuries old being about what opinions he should have. He's from a different realm. He has different ideas of what's proper and fine. Now if he decides to cause me, my keep or other humans trouble somehow, I'll stop him. No questions asked.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:01 pm I understand what you’re both saying but it’s not because spirits or people are doing it that it’s okay. In my opinion though. I wouldn’t accept that kind of thing from my spirit companions, it’s a rule in my house to not be racist. There’s a way to say things. I would like to add that my spirits are really supporting of me welcoming a Gaki into my life even though they are all faes.
To be fair, you also should read the original myth of the race mentioned. One example is from a Japanese Buddhist site:
そんな餓鬼はどんな姿をしていると説かれているかというと、骨と皮ばかりにガリガリにやせ細り、お腹だけをぷっくりと膨らませ、肌は黒く、鬼のような顔の醜いすがたの生き物です。
こうして、過去の行いによって、色々な種類の餓鬼がいますが、とにかく何でもいいから食べたい飲みたいという食欲にかられて、蛾などの昆虫や、人や動物の排泄物などを食べたり飲んだりして命をつないでいるあさましく醜い生き物です。
source: https://true-buddhism.com/teachings/gaki/

Loosely translated as follows:
What kind of appearance does gaki take, very thin like skin and bones, swollen belly, blackened skin, and face like oni, they're an ugly creature.
Therefore, based on their past, there are various types of gaki, however with appetite to eat and drink anything, from moths to bugs, even humans' and animals' excrement, etc, they eat and drink anything to prolong their lives, they are a squalid and ugly creature.
(you can verify it with google translate or other translation sites)

Thus, it's not that far from what the member said in that post. And the member did imply that his/her opinion was based on Japanese source.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 pm
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you at all, marsnymph. I'm very well aware that DA doesn't only spell out bad things. Angels can be meanies and lie, and a succubus can have the kindest heart imaginable and never cause any trouble. I'm not arguing about that. I have a whole different mindset in regards to categorising WA, DA and BA anyway, so there's that.

All I wanted to say is that I'm not going to argue with a centuries old being about what opinions he should have. He's from a different realm. He has different ideas of what's proper and fine. Now if he decides to cause me, my keep or other humans trouble somehow, I'll stop him. No questions asked.
Oh! I understand what you meant now. For me it’s definitely not about forcing anyone to stop thinking something it’s about respecting me in my boundaries. Every time I welcome new spirits I explain to them why racism affects me and why I don’t want to hear anyone make racist remarks. I also don’t think I feel callings from spirits that aren’t as open-minded as me. They really might well be more open-minded then me to be honest! So yeah, every keeper is different and have a different way to go about things so it’s natural that we attract different spirits with different beliefs and needs. And I am not talking about race here, just about temperament. I can’t disagree about how you abord those things but I of course have my own way as well.

marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 pm
marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:01 pm I understand what you’re both saying but it’s not because spirits or people are doing it that it’s okay. In my opinion though. I wouldn’t accept that kind of thing from my spirit companions, it’s a rule in my house to not be racist. There’s a way to say things. I would like to add that my spirits are really supporting of me welcoming a Gaki into my life even though they are all faes.
To be fair, you also should read the original myth of the race mentioned. One example is from a Japanese Buddhist site:
そんな餓鬼はどんな姿をしていると説かれているかというと、骨と皮ばかりにガリガリにやせ細り、お腹だけをぷっくりと膨らませ、肌は黒く、鬼のような顔の醜いすがたの生き物です。
こうして、過去の行いによって、色々な種類の餓鬼がいますが、とにかく何でもいいから食べたい飲みたいという食欲にかられて、蛾などの昆虫や、人や動物の排泄物などを食べたり飲んだりして命をつないでいるあさましく醜い生き物です。
source: https://true-buddhism.com/teachings/gaki/

Loosely translated as follows:
What kind of appearance does gaki take, very thin like skin and bones, swollen belly, blackened skin, and face like oni, they're an ugly creature.
Therefore, based on their past, there are various types of gaki, however with appetite to eat and drink anything, from moths to bugs, even humans' and animals' excrement, etc, they eat and drink anything to prolong their lives, they are a squalid and ugly creature.
(you can verify it with google translate or other translation sites)

Thus, it's not that far from what the member said in that post. And the member did imply that his/her opinion was based on Japanese source.
Thank you but I know about the origins of Gaki and what they are portrayed to look like. I can’t comment on that since I’ve never seen one yet. However what I was saying was that I didn’t like the way it was said not exactly what was said. Anyways, it really isn’t that important.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:58 pm Thank you but I know about the origins of Gaki and what they are portrayed to look like. I can’t comment on that since I’ve never seen one yet. However what I was saying was that I didn’t like the way it was said not exactly what was said. Anyways, it really isn’t that important.
If it's not that important, then you saying "I can’t believe this wasn’t removed it’s outrageous" is outrageous.

Be careful, the mods here can be very strict with that kind of statement.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:07 pm
marsnymph wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:58 pm Thank you but I know about the origins of Gaki and what they are portrayed to look like. I can’t comment on that since I’ve never seen one yet. However what I was saying was that I didn’t like the way it was said not exactly what was said. Anyways, it really isn’t that important.
If it's not that important, then you saying "I can’t believe this wasn’t removed it’s outrageous" is outrageous.

Be careful, the mods here can be very strict with that kind of statement.
Ok sorry. I didn’t mean that not removing it was outrageous but that the comment was outrageous. It’s the ponctuation. Anyways.

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Gakis are excellent in letting you realize what you can do in the physical realm to gain more money, fame and success. In my opinion, they'll convince you to fight for a better future and to make your life in general better.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”