lifesphinx

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
david2885
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

1withspirit
OMG! I love this ring, I dont know if im attracted to this ring itself or the ring and the magck it holds altogether, anyone ever bougt anything from this seller? Please let me know, the auction will be ending the 14th, here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Haunted-SAPPHIRE-DJ ... dZViewItem

although the ring is to big for my finger could I sill resize it even though it has a spirit attached?

Thank you guys/gals!

otomoman
what resize it for? wear it on a chain!

Angel_of_Deth
Ohhhhhhhhhh

I dont think that I would touch this. The seller gives everyone the name of the "djinn" and.... well due to my experience with antique jewelry.... I wouldnt trust this....

This is just my opinion..... but I think that passing this up is a wise idea....

1withspirit
OMG! thank you guys, nevermind, sorry to waste your time on this one, I found HIM on myspace.... :angry: when googled his name, I love the ring for sure, but just they way he represented himself on his myspace, I didnt feel good about it.........especially when I saw him in his thong underwear....LOL *GAG*

Angel_of_Deth
*giggles* You may pass a few judgements on me as well if you saw my Myspace....

What I am concerned about is the ad, and what he is stating in said ad. I feel really bad for anyone who buys this piece.

I can almost bet that the stone is glass and that is it. :(

I have looked at a few of the other items as well... Something doesnt sit right with me....

1withspirit
I usully dont pass judgement on anyone without cause, I bet if you saw mine you may raise an eyebrow as well *Blush* But ...Um....Yeah......Hee,Hee, I didnt get a good "Feel" when I read his profile, Thank you guys! ;) Im off to do more treasure hunting, I really want a spirit now. :D

...Before I go on another "hunt", what would a "first timer" be good with to start out? Maybe a Djinn is to much right now, Im a very sexually active person and so is my husband and I dont want to lose that, the succbus and Incubbus (sp?) would drain us of that wouldnt it? Maybe stick with a dragon or faerie? Thank you for help, and I appoligize if my questions are odd or annoying, just dont want to fail as a caregiver or mess up <_<

CreepyHollows
I won't even touch on anything said in the listing I think conclusions can be drawn on by each of you.

What I will tell you is that this ring is no more a 16th century jewel than a mule is a black stallion.

First, let me tell you they didn't cast in sterling silver... :huh: LOL I'm sorry, this is so ludicrous it's ridiculous, sterling silver wasn't even an option in the 16th century!

I am a great lover of history as much as I am of jewelry and in 16th century anywhere the gems being pulled from the earth were not cut in this modern fashion of clean, crisp lines... they were crude and lacking in the translucent quality you see in this most likely topaz or glass stone.

There are very rare emeralds that have this electric shade of elusive blue that darts in and out of the gem when you turn it but to find one of that size would yield you a profit of thousands of dollars... and the emerald isn't that bright of an aquamarine blue.

In the 16th century they cast in gold, and they didn't prong mount gems, they wrapped the gold around the gem instead. Prong-mounting wasn't a prevelant jewelry practice then... and to even have a gem in your jewelry was a sign of wealth. Especially if it had quality craftsmenship. Typically you didn't see anyone below middle-class status with jewelry, and the gems were not translucent as you see in her listing, they were clouded, natural, and typically raw or polished. To find a gem of translucent quality meant it was mounted in someone's crown or royal jewels.

So, we know at least this portion of her listing is a fabrication.

Angel_of_Deth
Magnolia you took the words out of my mouth! I wanted to give the breakdown on the ring but I didnt want to sound like a know it all or anything being that I am still not even a month old on these boards....

Thank you for fully explaining this. I hope that this will be of great use to collectors explaining at least how jewelery back then was taken care of and made.

1withspirit
Thank you Magnolia, Now that I think about it, what you say makes complete sence, If you happen to read my other Post Please let me know what you think on my first spirit Purchase, I have two others Im watching But Im still Looking. :)

albanygang
I had a laugh at the advertisement. Yes it is a pretty little ring and I would bet it is nothing else. I totally agree with Magnolia that there is no way that the ring is sixteenth century. In addition, the photograph of the previous owners estate purports to be of a sixteenth century ruin. That also is hilarious. It is no older than victorian. He probably copied it from some photo archive. Honestly, I would like to start a name and shame website with names and photos of all the scam metaphysical sellers out there. I really loathe those who fleece vulnerable people.

goldenhawk
Hi Everybody I have been reading these messages since they started. I find them very
interesting. About lifesphinx his name is Mike and he is really nice. I bought a djinn ring
from him, and am very pleased. Had it two weeks, the first day I got it I wore it out to go
to the bank across the road and get some money from the hole in the wall. Went to the shop
near, and when I was ready to come out of the shop, realised I had lost my bank card, looked
in the shop and asked not seen in there. Went over to the bank, (retraced my steps) on my
way back from the bank had a vision of the back of the shop (drink section) went back to the
shop and shop filled with people but my card was on the floor where I had already looked!
Anyone could have seen it and picked it up, but no it was still there for me. I think it was
the djinn in the ring finding it and guarding it for me. Mike always answers any questions
you have and this ring gets heavier at night and you can see something moving in it. I am
sure he is genuine. goldenhawk. This is the first ring I have bought it called to me. :)

Hatshpset
the way they photographed the ring makes it look decent, but it looks similar to the ones your kid might get from a bubble gum machine or from the local icing store or claire's boutique. there was no way this is 16th century - as magnolia said so well - the setting and stone is all wrong! if this seller can do this on one item, they are only doing what they know best and there will be a sucker along any second to purchase their wares unknowingly. i have learned my lesson with buying two fakes. now i'd rather do without than give one of these sellers the encouragement from buying something they list. blessed be. arsine

Return to “Seller Review”