You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

great point about the windchimes as an aide in communication. i have my ch spirit chimes on the back door (where most unbounds come to before receiving either permission or a harpy sending them along their way), two chimes in the living/dining/kitchen areas since we have vaulted ceilings and an enchanted set from india which was a gift in the bedroom near the ch nightplay item.

alex - "direct anger toward the action and not the person" with da spirits is definitely wise advice along with the rest you've posted above that. da spirits also seem to pick up very clearly not only the thoughts we have along with the emotions but also seem to see straight through to our heart and get our true intentions from there as well. so here are three ways a da spirit could potentially misinterpret our true wishes if we are not careful. this isn't to say they're looking for ways to catch us but it is sound advice in order to be a keeper that the da spirits in one's keep can respect and trust.

my wraiths all possess a steadiness about them most of the time but i have witnessed their anger in force where i have had to check myself just to make sure i wasn't sending a message by mistake and to enforce the rule that nothing is to be done without my direct say so. :) i really am impressed with the wraith's protectiveness and now would never be without one at least. take care all! arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:Cell, you are correct. :)

ninjalovergirl wrote: One question though, what would be considered a dark thought that would cause a wraith to lose respect?
Thoughts such as wishing harm to others but not saying it out loud, then contradicting that by saying to the wraith, no, it's not okay to act on the thoughts you are reading from me.

This sends mixed messages to spirits, but more in particular, to wraiths, who will act on our thoughts, feelings. If this is an ongoing thing,
they may perceive the keeper as wishy washy and think the keeper doesn't know what they want. They lose respect, then do what they believe is best for the keeper, without consideration of what may be morally right or wrong. They will revert to their true nature in making those decisions for the keeper.

There is a reason that Ash has stated many times that keeping a dark art spirit is a responsibility.

So control of one's thoughts is important. If one finds themself angry with another, one must re-phrase this dark thought in the mind, and direct the anger toward the 'action' not the 'person'.

I won't print this in giant size print, lol, but I would like to stress this point because it is very important in successful wraith keeping:

Direct anger toward the 'action and not the 'person'.

Namaste,
Alex

Namaste,
Alex

When I first read this I panicked because I thought I might unintentionally be sending thoughts to my wraith, but then I thought about how I react if someone I care about has an argument with me, I usually storm off and think something like "she shouldn't have said that, that was really mean" and grumble and sulk, but I never actually wish harm on anyone. I never thought about it until now, even though I have told my wraith my family is off limits, no matter what, I will be more aware of what i am thinking and feeling, so nothing bad will happen. Thanks for giving me advice!

Image Image

scrubtech
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

There's another aspect of asking for retribution or revenge. Karma. I wholly believe that you reap what you sow. All of the good and bad you've put out into the world will eventually come back to you.
With that consideration, one thing I've asked my wraith(s) to do is to protect me from "future" harm or toxic energy. For example, I have a doctor at work who is a real ass. He's condesending, arrogant, smug, etc...when I have to work with him I just ask my wraith to keep Dr. Nasty's energy away from me and not let it effect me or my work performance.
That way I'm not asking for "revenge" or asking for harsh action on my wraith's part. Just asking him (wraith) to watch my back before it gets ugly.
Wraith does a bang-up job with it, too. I can feel him hovering around the room almost like a referee. lol.

'Men have forgotten this truth,but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.'
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Dang, this is a great thread. Alex, it seems like your advice for handling wraiths would also apply well for other heavy DA's.

Awesome information. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
ShiVa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

"direct anger toward the action and not the person"
Spot on Crone! As humans, we will always have bursts of anger as a result of others actions or in-actions. It's important to always direct anger at just the situation or action.

The one thing I've said to my wraiths from day one is that their role is to defend and protect only. Despite my thoughts, and feelings, or lack thereof knowledge of the offenders intentions, my wraiths are to only block the attack.

Any just karma is to be handed down by the universe only. This must be made clear to the wraiths, and all other defensive spirits.

Just to clarify what I said above, the thoughts and feelings that you get as a result of someone's actions, you should train yourself to focus on what happened, and not who did it.

Keep in mind that everything happens for a reason. The universe has some meaning behind it. If someone does something, it's you who assigns an emotion or feeling to it. You decide whether it affects you or not. So in any situation, we cannot blame anyone else.

freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

I have a wraith on the way and I am SO glad you guys posted!
I don't want to be a 'wishy-washy' person or have my wraith take out all my anger on everyone who peeves me lol. (I get peeved a LOT)
I am really learning a lot here and appreciate all of ya.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

ShiVa wrote: Keep in mind that everything happens for a reason. The universe has some meaning behind it. If someone does something, it's you who assigns an emotion or feeling to it. You decide whether it affects you or not. So in any situation, we cannot blame anyone else.

So true ! -Love those lines..! :thumbup:

Greetings,Tasha
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

This is an excellent post!!!! Thanks for bumping this is a very good reminder that with wraiths and other da spirits, you do have to be very careful of your thoughts and have firm house rules in place!!!

We know we can't control what other people may feel or do towards us, but we can control ourselves and our own actions!!! If we act out of anger or with rashness before thinking it out first, then of course our spirits like wraiths and our other das may act on those feelings, before we know that they did!!!

We need to think about what our das can do to others without us meaning for them to do so!!! Do we really want harm to happen to others for something that might be just a petty thing? You have to consider what is real harm towards you and what is just something that might be just a petty thing and can be just ignored or deflected away, without causing any kind of harm to anyone!!!!

It takes a lot of careful thinking on our part, so we just don't react out of anger or rashness!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Ooh, great thread. I have three on its way from CH, I found this very informative. :thumbup:

Anna
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:Direct anger toward the 'action' and not the 'person'.
If we MUST show anger (even in our thoughts), THIS is the way to do so. That quote says a lot... and by doing that, you may prevent some "regrets". :thumbup:

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.

Return to “Dark Arts”