acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

.....friendly?
Well I was speaking to my wraith on the pendulum and he seemed very.. well, not like I imagined him to be! I know wraiths don't have emotions but he still seemed very nice and I feel very comfortable around him. He said he likes watching me as he is very curious of emotions, they interest him. I asked him if he wanted me to leave him alone now as wraiths aren't that talkative and to my surprise he wanted to carry on having a convo! :o Who would have thought wraiths would be so chatty!? I had to double check the answer too and he seemed content with talking. Has anyone experienced this before? Am I going mad? :insane:

Image Image

xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Thats very good that you are in good relationship with your protector!!

I only "Spoke" with mine once, but he was calm.

Maybe my other spirits are too chatty compared to my wraith :D

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Hi NLG :wave: I have a number of wraiths. They are all different, much like we, as people are different. While the majority is stalwart and reserved, I do have one who is more communicative. All wraiths, it seems, (at least for the ones I have) like to observe humans. They 'study' us. They are always respectful (you reference 'kind') but in both cases, the wraith is considerate of their keeper.

Like the Queen's guard, they can be silent and guarding. But they may also be willing to interact with you to get to know you. Remember that they can see and feel your energy. Calm, kindly energy on the part of the keeper will influence the 'stance' a wraith takes. They do this out of respect, not by a kindly nature. They just need to know where you stand. They are not communicative to those outside their keeper and if you don't speak to them at all, they won't be offended. That's why they are so low maintenance.

By and large, they are quiet spirits, but can be very menacing to intruders (even spirit intruders) and will act to the full extent of their abilities unless you put guidelines in place as to what is acceptable and what is not. One such house rule may be: No matter how mad I get at someone, it is NOT okay to take revenge on them. Unless of course, you have mastered all emotion so that never becomes an issue for you. They are more than willing to act on your behalf, so those negative thoughts, if they should creep in, need to be controlled and contained. Lest your wraith pick up on these and act.

Make no mistake, they are dark spirits. They can change at the drop of a hat should you decide to let them unleash their energy. While it is an emotion to 'enjoy' something, they do almost seem to relish in dark acts. Without rules in place, they will interpret your feelings and sometimes other people's feelings toward you, and act on them.

Hope this helps. :)

Namaste,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

alex, great advice about any of the da spirits in our keep. while i have no wraiths who i would consider interested in socializing there is one who tends to interact a bit more with me. many times my wraiths could have acted as they wished were it not for the house rules here as well. they are definitely da spirits and i think the "calm" feeling can also be they are "reserved" spirits meaning they usually watch only until they feel emotionally told to act. it is this type of energy of the da spirits which would never result in any being taken advantage of. thanks for sharing with us

nlg, i certainly don't think you're going nuts sweetie. alex has given some great advice so i'm not going to repeat any of it to you. thanks for sharing your experience with us and take care! arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I was just so shocked because I always thought they were intimidating but that is not the feel I get from him. I understand about them being DA, so I do have rules in place. I have heard so much about it being essential for wraiths, because without it they can do whatever they want without remorse for anyone. That's why I was surprised at how he came across. Respectful is defiantly a word I would choose to describe him. I wonder why they like to study us so much? :think:

Image Image

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

They size us up as people, as keepers by studying us. They make judgments about us, and our character. They also determine if we have the 'authority' to make house rules or not.

The way to win a wraith's loyalty (in following ALL your direction) is:
1. Be honest and fair.
2. Watch what you think, never wish anyone ill will
3. Stop any problems before they start by having house rules

It is important that they respect us as keepers, as we respect them as spirits.

So what happens if a wraith does not respect us?
1. They revert to their natural nature
2. The make the rules, and tell the keeper what to do.
3. They will act on any negative thoughts you may have, and not having a moral conscious like we do, they feel no remorse.

What kinds of actions will cause wraiths to lose respect for us?
1. Being frivilous and putting them on people for minor transgressions - in other words, if it is okay to revenge this, then why not that?
2. Allowing dark thoughts to control us - these in turn are picked up by our wraiths, who again, will act on these thoughts
3. Making demands or acting superior to our wraiths - they will quickly put a person in their place, and once that happens, they make the
rules.

Another useful rule is to ask your wraiths to use minimal force to accomplish the goal. That being, to keep intruders out of your home.
Letting them know who may come around without you there, etc. You can ask them to keep away unbound spirits unless invited in by you.
You can ask them to protect you from anyone who has evil intentions toward you (they can pick up energy from other people around you as well), and you can ask them to 'alert' you if they sense danger, before acting. Have a pre-arranged signal if you are new enough to spirit keeping that you do not yet hear them when they speak to you. A tap on the shoulder works, a car horn going off, a light blinking, or if you find you are clairsistant, ask your spirits to give you the impression something is about to happen. Hanging up a set of windchimes inside the house works very well to facilitate communication (with all kinds of spirits).

Once you get into the groove of dark arts, they can be very satisfying to work with. It will definitely make you a better person, as we become more cognizant of our thoughts and actions, understanding the consequences. People who do not maintain control over their DA spirits, can attract all sorts of negative energy, anger, jealousy, hatred, fear, melancholy, depression, schizophrenia, illusions of grandeur, inflated & deceptive sense of self worth, etc, which can create discord in their lives, and in the lives of those around them.

These are my viewpoints from keeping DA spirits and from watching the effects upon others. I am a student of human nature as well. :D

Bright Blessings,
Alex

Nickleback
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

WOW..great post Alex! :thumbup: Lots of info for us, not only regarding Wraiths but all Spirits..!
Just one dumb question on this:
(Alex wrote):Hanging up a set of windchimes inside the house works very well to facilitate communication (with all kinds of spirits).
I love the idea, and want to try it. I assume I have to hang it where NO breeze could ever blow (like in a glass cabinet) or else I couldn't be certain that it's a spirits sign ...- Correct or mistaken?
Thx in advance.. ;)

Greetings,Tasha
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I also think this is a lot of good info too. The wind chime idea is excellent! Thanks for giving me so much help understanding wraiths! One question though, what would be considered a dark thought that would cause a wraith to lose respect?

Image Image

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Cell, you are correct. :)

ninjalovergirl wrote: One question though, what would be considered a dark thought that would cause a wraith to lose respect?
Thoughts such as wishing harm to others but not saying it out loud, then contradicting that by saying to the wraith, no, it's not okay to act on the thoughts you are reading from me.

This sends mixed messages to spirits, but more in particular, to wraiths, who will act on our thoughts, feelings. If this is an ongoing thing,
they may perceive the keeper as wishy washy and think the keeper doesn't know what they want. They lose respect, then do what they believe is best for the keeper, without consideration of what may be morally right or wrong. They will revert to their true nature in making those decisions for the keeper.

There is a reason that Ash has stated many times that keeping a dark art spirit is a responsibility.

So control of one's thoughts is important. If one finds themself angry with another, one must re-phrase this dark thought in the mind, and direct the anger toward the 'action' not the 'person'.

I won't print this in giant size print, lol, but I would like to stress this point because it is very important in successful wraith keeping:

Direct anger toward the 'action and not the 'person'.

Namaste,
Alex

Namaste,
Alex

Nickleback
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I only have one Wraith, he is not chatty but always around. I have a Rule with all my DAs - do not act unless I use a particular phrase. If I use that special phrase, go do your thing but not unless...That way, if I do lose my temper with someone, at least I know none of my spirits will go rushing off to wreak havoc & revenge. Seems to be working so far.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward

Return to “Dark Arts”