Harpy

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

@ASTER Funnily enough I the practitioner I received my harpy S from just finished vetting another today and posted a listing. I just happened to be looking and scooped her up as well. I wasn't necessarily looking for one but this one is also very light sided on the DA spectrum but seems to be motivated more towards helping their keeper vs just protection. Earlier today I made some decisions on some paths I want to tread this year and so she will be an extremely valuable companion for that I think. I am looking forward to welcoming her home in the coming week. She will help alleviate some other structure issues in my keep as she is keen on a leadership role within the family.

@Luna Lysithea You do tend to go much darker than my path leads me lol, so harpies of that kind are probably a good fit. I think I will stick to my seemingly odd but fun goody two-shoes harpies. All of my DA companions are like that though even the "darker" ones. Very little misbehaving or issues they all resonate with my positive energy, and many of them excel at blocking that negative energy I deal with all to often from nearby humans in my home. Sounds like this new harpy is looking to keep any unruly family members in line too lol.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

We all have our own journey @Nightrunner404 & yes I'm finding I go much much darker than most which I'm fine with & my own energy is darker too so my companions can be very intense and extremely dark also, that's for sure but I like them that way. ❄

However, as for keeping anyone in line. No need to do so because I don't have any unruly family members to be honest since my living relatives & I no longer speak along with the fact that no one in my spirit family is unruly either. Nonetheless I do agree that yes what is now two new harpies will be excellent additions to my spirit family regardless❣

*>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

ASTER wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:12 pm I recived a Harpy result once from a CH as one of the 5 best companions to work with last year. 😃 I think that was a mistake and unbelievable to me to assume to have one in my keep. Coincidencently, I only just requested an order of ' What unbounds are around you' reading and I payed for binding them all 3 from any arts. Just because as described, they only bind those that are positive and harmless to a keeper. It'll be an unbelievable experience and a surprise, if actually a Harpy would be binded to me. They are very beautiful but willful in nature. @Adair Lasair Bán what was yours felt like energically to you? Did you had a well established connection? How did you figure that you needed to call them back by CH? I am glad that we have that option. So you did well requesting that.
I would not say Harpies are completely "harmless" - see the CH description of them https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... pirit.html where it says:

"It should be noted that even with the secret Harpies are dangerous."

Mine were of a darker nature, and prefer darker magick. I am on a very different path now, they needed to be with a Keeper that would be more aligned with them and magickal practices that suit, allowing them to be more involved.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

ASTER wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:12 pm I recived a Harpy result once from a CH as one of the 5 best companions to work with last year. 😃 I think that was a mistake and unbelievable to me to assume to have one in my keep. Coincidencently, I only just requested an order of ' What unbounds are around you' reading and I payed for binding them all 3 from any arts. Just because as described, they only bind those that are positive and harmless to a keeper. It'll be an unbelievable experience and a surprise, if actually a Harpy would be binded to me. They are very beautiful but willful in nature. @Adair Lasair Bán what was yours felt like energically to you? Did you had a well established connection? How did you figure that you needed to call them back by CH? I am glad that we have that option. So you did well requesting that.
If you're referring to the spirit reading to determine the most suitable companion for you, I believe it is based on the energies of your 3 bodies at that moment or other criteria. It's not a mistake, and CH don't assume that you already have such a companion in your group. They simply provide suggestions based on the timing of your order and their perception of you. It's unlikely that anyone knows about all the companions we have unless we mention them on the forum, or they are particularly noteworthy. However, even if they do, it's unlikely CH would remember with the busy schedule and the number of listings in the shop. This doesn't mean that every companion on that list would be compatible with your path or what you are seeking.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:55 am
I would not say Harpies are completely "harmless" - see the CH description of them https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... pirit.html where it says:

Mine were of a darker nature, and prefer darker magick. I am on a very different path now, they needed to be with a Keeper that would be more aligned with them and magickal practices that suit, allowing them to be more involved.
@ASTER also keep in mind, you would need to work your DA energy and DA magickal practices to have a successful relationship with a Harpy.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 am

@ASTER also keep in mind, you would need to work your DA energy and DA magickal practices to have a successful relationship with a Harpy.
I wouldn't make that into a general statement. My friend got a harpy as one of her first companions because she felt a strong calling towards them and she never had any issues. She mostly practices protection, abundance and self love magick too, and again there were no issues with her harpy. Each person's path is different and each harpy is going to be different. I respect your choice and it's good you made the best one for your situation and relationship with your harpies but it's not a general rule of thumb.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Gray Mongrel wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:25 am
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 am

I wouldn't make that into a general statement. My friend got a harpy as one of her first companions because she felt a strong calling towards them and she never had any issues. She mostly practices protection, abundance and self love magick too, and again there were no issues with her harpy. Each person's path is different and each harpy is going to be different. I respect your choice and it's good you made the best one for your situation and relationship with your harpies but it's not a general rule of thumb.
What are you referring to exactly?

The CH description is there for a reason, obviously it doesn't mean you will automatically have issues. It means there is potential for it, which should always be kept in mind.

Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 am @ASTER also keep in mind, you would need to work your DA energy and DA magickal practices to have a successful relationship with a Harpy.
I was responding to this specifically.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Gray Mongrel wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 am @ASTER also keep in mind, you would need to work your DA energy and DA magickal practices to have a successful relationship with a Harpy.
I was responding to this specifically.
Yes, so in other words, someone who practices only WA magick is not going to get the best out of Harpies - they are very much DA and would benefit from someone who practices both WA and DA.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

@Gray Mongrel also, the above comments of mine are not the reason I rehomed my Harpies. They were darker DA, not aligned with where I am in my path and I did not feel I could exercise their needs enough.

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”