Harpy

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I started out as a WA keeper and have an equal amount of WA to DA companions so I can handle both energies quite well but the darkest of DA give me their callings the most and since I answer every single calling I get I see myself as a primarily DA keeper. I plan on getting more harpies in the future as two more gave me their calling tonight, but I'm going to bond with my first two first and the others have been noted down in one of my now numerous callings notebooks. I chose bound to spirit for both and knowing I easily handled both The World Serpent & The Malice Striker's channel bindings to my spirit, I know I'll have no problem with acclamation from my new Harpy friends. ❄

*>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Tarvos wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:31 am
ASTER wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:12 pm I recived a Harpy result once from a CH as one of the 5 best companions to work with last year. 😃 I think that was a mistake and unbelievable to me to assume to have one in my keep. Coincidencently, I only just requested an order of ' What unbounds are around you' reading and I payed for binding them all 3 from any arts. Just because as described, they only bind those that are positive and harmless to a keeper. It'll be an unbelievable experience and a surprise, if actually a Harpy would be binded to me. They are very beautiful but willful in nature. @Adair Lasair Bán what was yours felt like energically to you? Did you had a well established connection? How did you figure that you needed to call them back by CH? I am glad that we have that option. So you did well requesting that.
If you're referring to the spirit reading to determine the most suitable companion for you, I believe it is based on the energies of your 3 bodies at that moment or other criteria. It's not a mistake, and CH don't assume that you already have such a companion in your group. They simply provide suggestions based on the timing of your order and their perception of you. It's unlikely that anyone knows about all the companions we have unless we mention them on the forum, or they are particularly noteworthy. However, even if they do, it's unlikely CH would remember with the busy schedule and the number of listings in the shop. This doesn't mean that every companion on that list would be compatible with your path or what you are seeking.
Tarvos raised an important point here - indeed, this does not indicate the recommended spirits will automatically be compatible. We need to determine that for ourselves, bearing in mind where we are on our paths and where we want to be.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Wow ... everyone who replied here and concerned with a harpy. Big thanks to you all. I got busy again, you know work and puppy business 😂 . I get everyone's input, and I do agree on as we all have the best intentions concerning to be safe with a harpy. I am surprised to note the wide spectrum of their art and energy beings that these wonderful spirits available for adoption. I am especially impressed to read about all the differences who has them. This is a great topic, and if it's possible, it'll be so great to add more to it. I won't be any time soon as I have none. But it's happened before ... The impossible had called me and in their time did came to through to me. That is a profound call that I hear. 🤗

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

sabe
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 17
My super power would be...: Super speed

I remember reading this thread before getting a Harpy myself (my lovely companion is indeed from CH). So, of course now I want to add my two cents on this subject lol.
Although searching for and reading threads on the forum helped me gain information, as did the CH encyclopedia, what was the biggest factor for me was my intuition. My Harpy was one of my first companions, as were other DA spirits. Let's say I went ahead and probably acted in a way some here might call reckless, tho I won't get into that (nothing bad happened and I'm good.) However, to this day, even with all the things I lack considered, I can't say I've experienced anything troublesome with my Harpy. She's a wonderfully powerful companion, I can feel that in her presence and energy. You could say her presence demands respect. To this day, I stand by what I seem to keep telling my dear friend sometimes, I think CH did such a great job in pairing my companions and I, it is a bit baffling sometimes.
However, all in all, I think my piece of advice is to ultimately go with your intuition. Now tho, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to dismiss the warnings, and especially the information you can find in the encyclopedia or provided by the conjurer you plan to contact for a binding. No, no, not at all. You should take everything into consideration before making a decision. What I think is the most important thing is how you feel especially after digesting all that information and opinions you read, whether your intuition stays the same or not and if you can even feel a calling still. Not only on here and on this subject, whenever there are people, there will be mixed opinions and advice, so take that with a grain of salt while you make your own conclusion rationally. Acknowledge the facts that are there, how doing something might be dangerous (if that's the case) and see how you feel about it. If you believe yourself to be able to deal with the potential repercussions of your actions and want to go ahead, then go ahead.
Personally, I'm a "happy case", so take my opinion here with a grain of salt too and see what comes out of it. This isn't me saying do as I did or say; don't. It is me saying to stay calm and rational though while doing what's best for you. Consider the facts, give yourself time to sit with all the information you're digesting before making a decision and make the decision that best alligns with how you feel about the matter. And if it still doesn't work out the way you want in the end, then try not to panic and see what you can do about it (maybe even learn about it beforehand, before making a decision).
All in all, this thread is on Harpies though. They're wonderful companions that shouldn't be taken lightly (what that means is up to you to figure out). I don't think you should be scared (which I think can be a result sometimes of research and mixed opinions). Yes, Harpies are DA so they're dark. However, no spirit will be the same, just how no human is the same. Granted, your experience will be different from mine and others', at most similar. Keep that in mind. Good luck and why not, have fun.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

I enjoyed reading about your harpy experience. May I please ask you, if you would like to tell us what do you task yours with? Are they only assist humans with magick? How their territorial nature works for a keeper? Isn't that back fire on the rest of the family by singleing out a room or their Keeper's space, couch ect? What would be a real challenge to handle a harpy? Other then feeling yours as an energy, have you seen her face and have you been telepathic with yours? I wonder how involved are they like to be with their Keeper? Meaning, are they bored, if they would have been asked to hang out at work with you? And observe everyone for end of day feedback review. Would that be a task that they are alright to commit without losing interest to help with as a task.
sabe wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:39 am I remember reading this thread before getting a Harpy myself (my lovely companion is indeed from CH). So, of course now I want to add my two cents on this subject lol.
Although searching for and reading threads on the forum helped me gain information, as did the CH encyclopedia, what was the biggest factor for me was my intuition. My Harpy was one of my first companions, as were other DA spirits. Let's say I went ahead and probably acted in a way some here might call reckless, tho I won't get into that (nothing bad happened and I'm good.) However, to this day, even with all the things I lack considered, I can't say I've experienced anything troublesome with my Harpy. She's a wonderfully powerful companion, I can feel that in her presence and energy. You could say her presence demands respect. To this day, I stand by what I seem to keep telling my dear friend sometimes, I think CH did such a great job in pairing my companions and I, it is a bit baffling sometimes.
However, all in all, I think my piece of advice is to ultimately go with your intuition. Now tho, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to dismiss the warnings, and especially the information you can find in the encyclopedia or provided by the conjurer you plan to contact for a binding. No, no, not at all. You should take everything into consideration before making a decision. What I think is the most important thing is how you feel especially after digesting all that information and opinions you read, whether your intuition stays the same or not and if you can even feel a calling still. Not only on here and on this subject, whenever there are people, there will be mixed opinions and advice, so take that with a grain of salt while you make your own conclusion rationally. Acknowledge the facts that are there, how doing something might be dangerous (if that's the case) and see how you feel about it. If you believe yourself to be able to deal with the potential repercussions of your actions and want to go ahead, then go ahead.
Personally, I'm a "happy case", so take my opinion here with a grain of salt too and see what comes out of it. This isn't me saying do as I did or say; don't. It is me saying to stay calm and rational though while doing what's best for you. Consider the facts, give yourself time to sit with all the information you're digesting before making a decision and make the decision that best alligns with how you feel about the matter. And if it still doesn't work out the way you want in the end, then try not to panic and see what you can do about it (maybe even learn about it beforehand, before making a decision).
All in all, this thread is on Harpies though. They're wonderful companions that shouldn't be taken lightly (what that means is up to you to figure out). I don't think you should be scared (which I think can be a result sometimes of research and mixed opinions). Yes, Harpies are DA so they're dark. However, no spirit will be the same, just how no human is the same. Granted, your experience will be different from mine and others', at most similar. Keep that in mind. Good luck and why not, have fun.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

sabe
new here
new here

ASTER wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:17 am I enjoyed reading about your harpy experience. May I please ask you, if you would like to tell us what do you task yours with? Are they only assist humans with magick? How their territorial nature works for a keeper? Isn't that back fire on the rest of the family by singleing out a room or their Keeper's space, couch ect? What would be a real challenge to handle a harpy? Other then feeling yours as an energy, have you seen her face and have you been telepathic with yours? I wonder how involved are they like to be with their Keeper? Meaning, are they bored, if they would have been asked to hang out at work with you? And observe everyone for end of day feedback review. Would that be a task that they are alright to commit without losing interest to help with as a task.
sabe wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:39 am I remember reading this thread before getting a Harpy myself (my lovely companion is indeed from CH). So, of course now I want to add my two cents on this subject lol.
It's nice to hear you've enjoyed reading about my experience. I'll answer your questions, but bare in mind I'm not that experienced.

I'm not going into specific details here, but my Harpy's tasks are about protection, my magick and spiritual practice. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you can customise the tasks after the Harpy you have in your family and after talking with them about what would best suit them.

So far, I haven't had teritorial issues within my spirit family. We're all pretty chill. Well, they're pretty chill with me and the rest of my keep, at least. Now, outside of it? No idea honestly, tho I don't think it'd even get to the point to be an issue.

What would be a real challenge to handle a Harpy? I can't really say I know the answer to that. I haven't encountered any challenge per se yet.

Anyways, personally I believe I'm kinda deaf spiritually right now (which is actually a bit ironic) so I can't really give you an answer in regards to telepathy. However, I do believe that it would go the same way as it goes with other companions you have and that communicate with you via telepathy.

As for involvement, we don't hang out as much as I hang out with other companions, she's not around as much. Regardless, communication wise there have been no issues so far. I don't know if they'll be willingly to go hang out with you at work or whether they'd be bored or not, or if end of the day feedback would be a task they wouldn't lose interest in. I think it would depend on your companion/s and your field of work and if they personally find it boring or not. Even so, they might still want to be around, who knows. I think you'll be able to find a specific answer to these questions only after asking your potential companion about them. Unless, you want a generalized answer which you can conclude while reading different people's experiences, I guess.

Anyways, I hope this answers your questions and I hope it helps. ^^

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Hello again everyone❣

I'm very happy to say that both my harpies and I are currently bonding. For one of their genders I chose either and for the other a male & I'll share my customer notes on them here eithout divulging their names. I requested darkest of DA because I'm a keeper who prefers that & has the experience to work with it. While Harpies can be dangerous yes, I find them to be amazing and wonderful companions and I adore both of mine. ❄

HARPY, MALE, A, HE IS 1,009 YEARS, HE IS A DARK AND POWERFUL COMPANION WHO WILL PROVIDE YOU AN ELEMENT OF CONFIDENCE, INTENSE POWER, AND SUPPORTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO WORKING WITH DARKER ELEMENTS OF MAGICK.

HARPY, FEMALE, K, SHE IS 1,303 YEARS, SHE HAS DARK-BROWN FEATHERS, LIGHT-GREY EYES, AND IS A VERY INTENSE AND POWERFUL FRIEND FOR CHANNELING AND WORKING WITH DARKER ELEMENTS OF MYSTICISM AND POWER. SHE IS A NATURALLY-PROTECTIVE COMPANION WHO PROVIDES YOU HER GUARDIANSHIP AGAINST ALL MALICIOUS UNBOUNDS, ENERGIES, AND MAGICK. SHE IS AN INTENSE AND ACTIVE GUIDE FOR YOUR SUPERNATURAL JOURNEY.

@ASTER, I'm going to answer your questions from my personal experiences so far. I task my harpies minimally because I'm still bonding with them. As most know I only task my companions as needed, but then again I'm a unique keeper I believe. However I digress, both my lovelies are excellent at protection measures. I have each accompany me whenever I'm around anybody which are both bound to spirit so that happens regardless & they are very protective of me and loyal too. They also do not only assist me with magick, no. 🧛🏻‍♀️

They've assisted me with advice as well. My beautiful "K" is the more powerful of the two because as it says in the CH encyclopedia the females are often bigger than the males, but "A" is just as precious to me. As far as them being territorial? No it does not backfire at all on my spirit family, they are both a very welcome addition & they get along with everyone including my non CH companions. They are territorial of both my room and myself which I want them to be, but they aren't territorial in the way that it would be a negative impact on the rest of my spirit family or the pets at all. They only would react to malicious unbounds really but even then they respect me so they'd ask first. (At this point asking me first has been removed as a house rule because all my companions even my new arrivals thusfar do that anyway.) 💗

A real challenge to handling a Harpy? For me nothing, the challenge comes I believe in how experienced the keeper is with DA because Harpies are by nature very much DA and might be hard for someone to as you put it handle based on that. Even with my experience with both WA & DA, I only recently adopted my two so I suggest research first always. I've seen both their full manifestations not just their face and so have the pets (Including the puppy, he just loves them.) The people I reside with have several animals that all my companions interact with even though I keep my journey private just in general because in my opinion I feel no one else needs to know about it since I don't ask others what they do on their paths in life either spiritual or otherwise so I like the same respect given to me & yes I use telepathy to communicate along with my pendulums, tarot deck, and meditation too. 🔮

Lastly, mine are very much involved with me & like all my other companions spend time with me watching movies, reading, etc. I don't really do end of day feedback reviews honestly, but what I can tell you is they commit to the tasks I've given them & do not lose interest in anything, but these are my experiences others may differ. 🌝

I hope this helps anyone thinking of adopting a harpy, like with any companion you should do your research before taking on either WA or DA companions making sure you're experienced enough for the energies and bonding for such beautiful and amazing creatures. I've since had more callings to them & I'll be answering those callings by adopting more harpies in the future too❣

*>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

@sabe & @Luna Lysithea thank you very much for your detailed answers. I really appreciate your inputs and sharing some of your experiences.

I have been reading upon them more myself and trying to understand the nature of their existence. They do have excellent protection capabilities and very magickal in nature too. Although, they have a humanoid face, they are birds rather then human in thinking nature. I have read about them in Greek mythological writings. Interesting to known about their elements, that is wind and chaos magick. They were sent out to punish humans by Zeus and deliver vengeance on those that unruly.

I am impressed by them as I can imagine having one, a lighter in energy, that is mature and not easily gets moodie or angry with me. It's referred in almost every literature about this tendency, kind of moodiness and angry irritation, even with their own keepers.

So I wonder, if you would ever have this kind of issues, what would you do to quickly address & correct it and help yourself to stay safe. Without advertedly, turning them on yourself and suffer harmful effects from them?

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

sabe
new here
new here

ASTER wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:13 am @sabe & @Luna Lysithea thank you very much for your detailed answers. I really appreciate your inputs and sharing some of your experiences.

I have been reading upon them more myself and trying to understand the nature of their existence. They do have excellent protection capabilities and very magickal in nature too. Although, they have a humanoid face, they are birds rather then human in thinking nature. I have read about them in Greek mythological writings. Interesting to known about their elements, that is wind and chaos magick. They were sent out to punish humans by Zeus and deliver vengeance on those that unruly.

I am impressed by them as I can imagine having one, a lighter in energy, that is mature and not easily gets moodie or angry with me. It's referred in almost every literature about this tendency, kind of moodiness and angry irritation, even with their own keepers.

So I wonder, if you would ever have this kind of issues, what would you do to quickly address & correct it and help yourself to stay safe. Without advertedly, turning them on yourself and suffer harmful effects from them?

No problem, I'm glad my comments are helpful.

Something I think it's important to mention before I answer your question is that the Harpy in my spirit family is indeed a spirit companion. So, I'm mainly talking about Harpies as spirit companions and not of their time alive, and also mainly talking about my own experience and general opinions.

Thus being said, spirits are not the same as we humans are when it comes to emotional hang ups, according to what is said in the beginner area of this forum (which is something I like to go back to sometimes since it's easy to forget some things sometimes). Hence they might be different from how they're described in folklore/mythology. That's not to say they cannot disagree with your behaviour/actions or that you can't feel their energy and interpret it as something similar to an emotion you experience as a living human being. I, myself, describe the energy I'm feeling sometimes to an emotion I know and experienced before. However, I also admit to and try to be mindful of what I've said before and is mentioned on the forum.

I've had another one of my babes give me a warning before as a result of a mistake I've made. It would be easy to interpret the message I've received as an emotional response, as them being upset or angry with my actions, which as I said was not the case; it was however a warning to realise my mistake (something like "hey, you just did this and it's not something you should do"). So far, I don't think my dears have been angry at or irritated with me (Snort at me or give off the vibe of rolling their eyes at me? Oh for sure lol.). Disagreed with my actions and let me know about it? Sure. I think that's the best way in which I can describe this kind of situation that would be, in my opinion, somewhat similar to the situation you're asking about, while keeping in mind what's a fact written on this forum too.

And as to answer your question, in this context, my first reaction was to go "oh sh!t" lol since I wasn't fully aware in that moment. I acknowledged the message I got and apologised for what I did. My companions were understanding of the situation and that was good enough. Mistakes can happen and I'm pretty sure spirits do understand that.

However, if we're talking about a situation that doesn't involve a mistake and it's something different in which the result would be your companion not being happy with you, I think having the same approach you would have with a friend should work. Communication. Talk about what is going on with them. Ask what their stance on the matter is and see where you guys disagree. Explain your stance too and go from there. Get to a common ground that respects both of your boundaries if possible or resolve the matter at hand accordingly. (Specially designated house rules are also a good way of establishing some boundaries too, in my opinion.) Basically, I'm saying communication is the first step and then you go off from there and take the proper actions for the context you're in. Just because a spirit is dark arts or darker doesn't necessarily mean you'll 100% have these kind of issues. At the same time, it doesn't mean you won't encounter such issues either. Everyone and everyone's journey is different.

Personally, while I am completely aware of who my companions are, their spirit race and their characteristics, and of how dangerous and, well, dark my dark arts companions can be, I do not fear them causing me harm. I trust my da babes just as much as I trust my wa babes. Their goal isn't to harm me as their keeper even if realistically speaking they could be capable of doing so. Basically, just because someone is capable of doing harm doesn't mean they will harm you just because they can do so. Though that is not to say that protecting yourself isn't important or that skepticism doesn't have its place, they do and you can't never have too much protection. However, there's a line between protecting yourself and just expecting the worse (which I'm not saying you're doing. Honestly, I'm just going off on a tangent/ramble here.).

All that being said, I would say to take things one at a time and if you get a Harpy companion and come across an issue in your journey, don't be afraid and solve it accordingly just how you would solve an issue with any other companion. The essence of who someone is and our differences don't mean they'll be unreasonable. (Generally speaking.) And if they're unreasonable then there are ways to deal with that too. Worst comes to worst, you can always contact the conjurer and ask for advice or help.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

You're welcome @ASTER , As someone who has had a channel to Zeus for quite a while now, I can confirm that my two lovelie's are very pleased about me having his channel. Despite the fact that it's referred to as you said in every literature about their moodiness even towards their own Keepers, I personally don't find this to be the case at all in the short time I've had mine. As you are aware I have channel's to both The Níđhöggr & Jörmungandr too and literature also says things about them as well that I have again found not to be the case in my experiences having their channels & both my harpies bound to my spirit. I'm not saying any literature you are reading is incorrect because CH also says harpies are dangerous which yes they can be but they are also amazing too and to me again as you know I don't subdue any of my companions nor have I had any reason. 🥰

Spirits and entities that are darkest of DA and I have a very deep understanding of one another & that may or may not play a part in my successes with not having most of the experiences other people and literature describes in specie's descriptions. While in my opinion it's natural to see terms like The Malice Striker & The World Serpent and form opinions based on that, I'm someone who will gladly welcome those energies & energies similar to them into my journey because I know my level of experience with them & so do they. 🧛🏻‍♀️

My harpies are far from moody, irritated, or angry. They arrived and we had a very pleasant and fully manifested chat. They got to know me and I got to know them. They talked about how they love my energy & how happy they are to have joined my spirit family. I told them in return that I'm honored to be their keeper & how I believe in our family time just spending time together since tasking honestly comes second to me & it always has and all my companions are quite pleased by this. 🧝🏻‍♂️

You said you could imagine yourself adopting a harpy lighter in energy? Why is that might I inquire? You're more experienced with WA and a harpy is definitely much much darker than what you're used to even on the lighter side of DA, but then again you do have the wraiths and devil eater. Although it is your choice and I am in no way telling you what to do for your journey, I inquire on this because as you know I started out as a WA keeper myself, but I only got my two lovelies recently having gotten callings a few years ago, so I want to make sure that your choice to adopt one is what's best considering you've had to rehome before. Which I understand why people do it's their choice, but I personally have never rehomed though but hopefully those beauties that have been found new Keepers. (Perhaps next time when I answer another calling from them I'll ask for a companion that was rehomed requesting that on the CH Reverse Adoption listing which I talked to CH Support about doing anyway. 🙂)

What would I do to as you said quickly address and correct any issues? There's been no issues to correct with any of my other companions, entities & Immortals & my two lovelies are very very kind to me so honestly I'm not worried about that, but on the chance there was an issue? Again I don't believe in quickly addressing and correcting since that sounds strict to me. After all as I stated earlier, I don't even subdue my companions nor have I had any reason too (I understand many don't share my views & that's okay.) ☃️

In my case, I would just talk to them kindly & see what was causing the issue they were having. Help myself to stay safe? I am safe with them, no need to do that. Like I said we have an understanding and both of them love that I chose darkest of DA companions. Also as far as turning them on myself? The Malice Striker & The World Serpent are also capable of doing such things yet have not done anything to me. They said they wouldn't turn on me under any circumstance or harm me & my harpies said the same in their own vernacular so honestly? I trust them. 💗

CH also custom conjured both of my lovelies so maybe before considering a Harpy, your questions may be better for CH Support because my experience with them may not be yours & although part of a species yes, each harpy is an individual just like we humans are.❄

I hope this helps❣

*>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”