Harpy

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Lol, one thing a Harpy can never be accused of is being timid ! They are as strong and bold as a black dragon. Two spirits that will never be abused by any keeper, lest they wish to have their very soul ripped out ! But worth the time to have in one's protection arsenal. Werewolves and wraiths are good starter spirits for these, which are much more complicated to keep.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
SuperMotoBabe
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

I have several. They can be loyal friends and allies once the trust and respect has developed. It does take tremendous control to manage their energies.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Dance like nobody is watching.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Harpies are among the few, extremely unique spirits. They have a certain energy associated with them that sets them above others in the DA classification. They are certainly not for everyone but for those who feel the calling you'll never meet another entity quite like them.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
ravencourt
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100

I ordered a Harpy in CH store, and marked for a male one, but I am a bit confused because some sources say a Harpy is a female entity?

Can someone clarify?

Thanks.

babyface
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I was wondering if any of you harpy keepers have them bridged to you or bound directly to you?

Logic only gives man what he needs. Magic gives him what he wants.
“I used to be superstitious, then I heard it was unlucky, so I stopped!”
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

ravencourt, truthfully i've never seen a male harpy and i now have an entire roofline as well as one tree full - all girls, all predatorial and they almost seem like a group of gladiators since they seem to always be at work strengthening and training in areas of agility and quickness along with trying to see "who can see the furthest for the lookout". harpies are great protectors in that they are not timid spirits and they take great care in assuring that a) nothing passes that isn't asked to; b) nothing lives if it trespasses that isn't welcomed.

babyfaced; i have an elder harpy bridged to me and i am ever cautious at my thoughts on anything/anyone as i do not want to give her the impression that i am asking her to do "something special" where she would have a lot of fun and take great pleasure in doing. however, she also knows house rules and knows that is one of the top ten rules (no spirit is to act on their own without my knowledge).

i hope the above answers help a bit. take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
mama_wolf
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Crone, I was about to ask that similar question as babyface has stated above. Thank you for your answer as it helped me a lot. I will be inviting a harpy to join me soon and wasn't sure I should have her bridged to me or not. One more thing I like to ask. I have seen several members mentioned about their "elder" spirits. What exactly does "elder" signify. :think:

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hi mama, an elder is like the grandfather or the grandmother as i've grown to call them. an elder has learned all the ways of their race/culture and know the history. when it is time, the elder begins to share the knowledge with younger members so that they can begin their journey. more simply, an older member of a race. :) . hope this helps a bit! take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I have a harpy with a male energy. I can't say that I know whether it is male or female. I defer to those who do know more, like Crone, because quite honestly, I would like to see proof of the fact there are males before I say I believe it. But I won't close my mind to it. Anything is possible. But I will say that my harpy is tremendous in protection of my family, my home, and myself.

I'd like to add my two cents about elders. In my case, and I'm sure in many others, my elders are those who have ascended to a very high state. They choose those they are destined to be with to share, impart, and bless with knowledge and gifts. I think when anyone reaches a point in their life where it's no longer curiosity or selfish pursuits into the world of spirituality, and that the journey becomes such an investment of self and learning and growing, that such a spirit comes forth to further that person onto a true path of enlightenment. I believe they are with us way before we reach that level, just waiting for the right time to step forward and take our hand.

truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Bumping this cause it is very informative and rather an interesting read..

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”