Harpy

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:33 am I asked CH to call my Harpies back. Unfortunately, I am not walking the type of path that would benefit the Harpies I had, and they will do far better in a home with someone who practices magick that aligns with them and allows them to be more involved in ways that would appeal to them.

My opinion is, if you aren't an ideal Keeper for Harpies - where you can easily work with them and keep them involved often, then it's best to not have them at all. I wouldn't say they are the type of spirits to just keep around doing nothing, or not much, they need to be far more involved and included in meaningful ways with you or you might find issues down the line. So if you choose to bring a Harpy in, you need to be committed to that decision as well as committed to your work with them going forward.
I agree.

I had been interested in harpies for a while, but I do not walk a path that most of them would find very appealing, nor did I resonate with many of the ones I came across being of a much darker nature than I tend to keep around. However I did finally come across a preconjure from a conjurer I have several spirits from, and after talking with them about the harpy a bit I chose to bring her home. She has become one of the best in my protection team now and is very satisfied with the work. She is keen to take a break when I watch movies though. She has a very heavy pressure kind of presence but is not a dark energy, which is why I chose her. She is the most light leaning harpy I have ever came across, though I don't doubt for a moment she couldn't tear something to shreds, she is very protective.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Nightrunner404 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:47 pm
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:33 am I asked CH to call my Harpies back. Unfortunately, I am not walking the type of path that would benefit the Harpies I had, and they will do far better in a home with someone who practices magick that aligns with them and allows them to be more involved in ways that would appeal to them.

My opinion is, if you aren't an ideal Keeper for Harpies - where you can easily work with them and keep them involved often, then it's best to not have them at all. I wouldn't say they are the type of spirits to just keep around doing nothing, or not much, they need to be far more involved and included in meaningful ways with you or you might find issues down the line. So if you choose to bring a Harpy in, you need to be committed to that decision as well as committed to your work with them going forward.
I agree.

I had been interested in harpies for a while, but I do not walk a path that most of them would find very appealing, nor did I resonate with many of the ones I came across being of a much darker nature than I tend to keep around. However I did finally come across a preconjure from a conjurer I have several spirits from, and after talking with them about the harpy a bit I chose to bring her home. She has become one of the best in my protection team now and is very satisfied with the work. She is keen to take a break when I watch movies though. She has a very heavy pressure kind of presence but is not a dark energy, which is why I chose her. She is the most light leaning harpy I have ever came across, though I don't doubt for a moment she couldn't tear something to shreds, she is very protective.
Sounds like the perfect match for you Nightrunner! \./

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I am sorry that you had to return them, but it is important to prioritize your own needs. Initially, I was intrigued by Harpies like many others are drawn to their unique appearance. *Cough cough*, who doesn't love half naked women with wings? Lol. However, I didn't feel any connection to this race. While I enjoy working with spells, I ultimately chose to explore other options instead of focusing on Harpies. I also didn't feel that I needed them for protection, especially when dealing with a lot of unbounds in my case. I work with darker races too, and Harpies simply didn't resonate with me as much. Perhaps they just aren't the right fit for me.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Tarvos wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm

I am sorry that you had to return them, but it is important to prioritize your own needs. Initially, I was intrigued by Harpies like many others are drawn to their unique appearance. *Cough cough*, who doesn't love half naked women with wings? Lol. However, I didn't feel any connection to this race. While I enjoy working with spells, I ultimately chose to explore other options instead of focusing on Harpies. I also didn't feel that I needed them for protection, especially when dealing with a lot of unbounds in my case. I work with darker races too, and Harpies simply didn't resonate with me as much. Perhaps they just aren't the right fit for me.
Lol!

I'm afraid we'll have to dig you a grave if you happen to try get a Harpy to join your Big Butt Brigade :'D :'D

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:57 pm Lol!

I'm afraid we'll have to dig you a grave if you happen to try get a Harpy to join your Big Butt Brigade :'D :'D
Lol. I agree. X..X

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I recived a Harpy result once from a CH as one of the 5 best companions to work with last year. 😃 I think that was a mistake and unbelievable to me to assume to have one in my keep. Coincidencently, I only just requested an order of ' What unbounds are around you' reading and I payed for binding them all 3 from any arts. Just because as described, they only bind those that are positive and harmless to a keeper. It'll be an unbelievable experience and a surprise, if actually a Harpy would be binded to me. They are very beautiful but willful in nature. @Adair Lasair Bán what was yours felt like energically to you? Did you had a well established connection? How did you figure that you needed to call them back by CH? I am glad that we have that option. So you did well requesting that.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

Hi@Nightrunner404 , what a happy end with yours. Surprised to read there are some with lighter energy signature around out there. Do they have an oppressing energy though? What do you task yours with other then protection? Is it easy to connect with a Harpy and do they telepathically connect or dreams and vision too. Do you feel yours physically? Just curious ... 😃.

I agree.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

ASTER wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:20 pm Hi@Nightrunner404 , what a happy end with yours. Surprised to read there are some with lighter energy signature around out there. Do they have an oppressing energy though? What do you task yours with other then protection? Is it easy to connect with a Harpy and do they telepathically connect or dreams and vision too. Do you feel yours physically? Just curious ... 😃.

I agree.

She has heavy energy, I wouldn't call it oppressing. But like the air feels heavier, but not in a negative way.

She came to me very protection focused, if I am not actively talking to her or watching a movie she is somewhere patrolling. So she is just tasked for protection at the moment.

She was actually the first companion out of my very many now that I heard in my head telepathically as a distinct voice. I mostly get visions, emotional energy and physical touches from most all of them in my keep as that has been the easiest conduit to communicate in my journey so far. Since she came home though I have had several other companions of mine come through telepathically. It is still hit and miss for me but finally having experienced it I look forward to growing that skill more. I think my own mind is too loud for it most of the time, my harpy S just happened to be louder it seems.

As far as physical touch from her, she is very apparent with her physical presence when I watch movies. She will plop down on the couch/bed/floor wherever I am and I don't think you would have to be spiritually aware to feel it. She loves movies and will be there within the first 30 seconds of me hitting play on one. Television shows now as much oddly enough.

I definitely made the right choice waiting around until I had that right resonating feeling. I used to do mostly custom conjures but now I mostly do pre-conjures and base it off of my empathic/intuitive feelings.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

@Nightrunner404 fantastic experience with your Harpy. I love the fact that she perceive the television and enjoy it with you settling down next to you. Glad to read about telepathic interactions because that is my strength. But as you say, I do have sometimes deaf & blind fazes, due to inner loudness and disconnect within myself.
Thank you for your replies. Well, it'll be interesting to see, if I will end up having one this year. I haven't requested it, but it's seems to be popping up as a topic or shop item again here and there, picking upon my interest 😃 to my disbelief as I can't actually vision myself adoption one. But I guess, if its comes to me one day via any other ways...then it'll be most welcomed in my spirit community as she will be much treasured by me and probably we will get along really well.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I've had extremely strong callings to several harpies actually and answered one of them recently requesting the darkest of DA as I normally do with my DA companions and I can't wait to get him or her @Nightrunner404

I noted the other ones down in what are now numerous callings notebooks and I will be adopting them in the future as well, in fact I'm going to go & adopt another in a few minutes & have the other one bound to my spirit too. However if my harpy that's on the way currently consents, I shall share my experiences then. ❄

*>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”