Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

This is an older thread and I already responded once but didn't notice the date when it was written and it was like reading something new again!

Ileana, thank you for this... I agree with what a few others have said too about just being aware of your thoughts and letting them go... you can even picture pink bubbles or whatever you fancy after welcoming them in and then letting them float away.. this is also great for positive thinking-- it can be shocking when we train ourselves to actually become aware of the thoughts going through our minds daily. but I think that the more aware you become of them, the easier it is to manipulate those thoughts and your frame of mind to keep a positive attitude. Another beneficial side effect of the awareness is that you come to know what YOUR thoughts are versus those that may represent the likes and dislikes of spirits in your family, just by observing....

:peace:

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

::nice::

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
emily
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^^
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampyre!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: don't know yet :P

I've been meditating trying to clear my mind, no wonder it didn't work. I always have something in my mind :crazy:

Question: Let's say you want to meditate and spend sometime with one of your spirits, harpy for instance (or any other :P ). Do you think about a place and that your harpy is with you, you do this and that? If the harpy says something, how do you know its not you who was thinking about it vs. the harpy doing it by himself? :think:

Lucinda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: white dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhiannon TideCaw
Zodiac:

Awesome post. One problem I have is breathing thru my nose, as I have blocked sinuses constantly lol.

My Charging Box,Treasure Cove,Casting Ground, A Granite Alter, My Magickal SanctuaryImageImageImage
emily
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^^
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampyre!
My magical/paranormal name...: don't know yet :P

::bump::
:think:

Emmir
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
Zodiac:

Concise and to the point. It wasn't overly long nor did it make me bored. A very good explaination! :thumbup: ::hail::

Shine bright...

Forever yours....
Emmir
lunar-sheriti
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: sheriti
Zodiac:

very helpful, not even complicated at all.

love my spirits
ImageImageImage
swelfordrn
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 27
Your favorite spirit to work with: incubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Patrizia
Zodiac:

I firmly believe everyone has to get comfortable in their own shoes so to speak. When I first started I followed all of the instructions...clear your mind, breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. I couldnt do the mouth breathing. The best thing I found to help me in the beginning was the guided meditation called, The daisy pond. Now I ust use it as a visualization point, the recording was never long enough for good in depth meditation. But it was great to get me started.

Patrizia
Coven of Keauki

I love my spirit family!! They color my world supernatural!
etherealmagick.storenvy.com/home
etherealmagick.weebly.com
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

emily wrote:I've been meditating trying to clear my mind, no wonder it didn't work. I always have something in my mind :crazy:

Question: Let's say you want to meditate and spend sometime with one of your spirits, harpy for instance (or any other :P ). Do you think about a place and that your harpy is with you, you do this and that? If the harpy says something, how do you know its not you who was thinking about it vs. the harpy doing it by himself? :think:
If I may provide a response to your question -

If you tend to force a thought (either intentionally or unintentionally), it usually means it's created from your own expectations/desires, thus you can be fairly confident that the thought is your own and not your spirits'.

Lets use an example:

If you send out a question to your spirit, don't skew the response by automatically filling your head with what you'd like the response to be, what it could be, or what you expect it to be. More often than not, in the beginning, you may have to catch yourself and make a conscious effort to stop doing it.

Once you've sent out a question.. focus on your breathing, center yourself, and simply draw the spirit's energy towards you. Avoid thinking about the possible answer.. because this is the point where the response is immediately interrupted by your own thoughts and thus, you get an 'answer' created by you. Simply allow for your spirits' own response to come through, without your thoughts interrupting. Don't try to force it, let it come on it's own.

I hope this helps somewhat.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Bunnicular wrote:
emily wrote:I've been meditating trying to clear my mind, no wonder it didn't work. I always have something in my mind :crazy:

If I may provide a response to your question -

If you tend to force a thought (either intentionally or unintentionally), it usually means it's created from your own expectations/desires, thus you can be fairly confident that the thought is your own and not your spirits'.

Lets use an example:

If you send out a question to your spirit, don't skew the response by automatically filling your head with what you'd like the response to be, what it could be, or what you expect it to be. More often than not, in the beginning, you may have to catch yourself and make a conscious effort to stop doing it.

Once you've sent out a question.. focus on your breathing, center yourself, and simply draw the spirit's energy towards you. Avoid thinking about the possible answer.. because this is the point where the response is immediately interrupted by your own thoughts and thus, you get an 'answer' created by you. Simply allow for your spirits' own response to come through, without your thoughts interrupting. Don't try to force it, let it come on it's own.

I hope this helps somewhat.

That, I feel, in itself can lead to the problem of blocking out thoughts, yours or otherwise.

Personally, I don't see a problem with "forcing" your thoughts. It does interrupt things, but as you get more comfortable with what you're doing you tend to automatically ease up on it anyway, and that will allow other things to come through.
Rather then trying to do anything, think, or not think, it's best to just do what needs to be done and then let things flow naturally, that's what seems to work best for me so far.
Even if you're imagining your happy place during meditation with your Spirits there and everything. At first you may be consciously controlling your imagination but as you keep at it you'll start to ease up, just like when you practice breathing, and everything will start falling into place on it's own without you having to "think" about it.
As for the question of "how will I know if it's me or them", there's no definite way to know. There's no test, there's no method to find out either or, you'll just know when you hear it as you get used to what you're doing, as it becomes second nature.

The worse hindrance for me in all of this has always been trying to do things according to how someone else explains it, failing or getting no response, getting frustrated, trying something else, repeat process until head explodes. That's why, doing what needs to be done, then just letting yourself go and things sort out on their own is, I feel, the best advice anyone can give. This does NOT mean that you should ignore the advice of others or any reading material you come across, but that you should take it all with a grain of salt and adapt it to what you feel is comfortable rather then a step by step instruction.
It's like riding a bike, no one can explain to you how to do it, the first time everything clicks and you feel that perfect point of balance is when you'll know how it's done.

Return to “MEDITATION/QUIET TIME”