Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
Likewise!
Could I use the above to construct a Magick Mirror to use with all my spirits? If so, would I need to repeat the layers for each specific spirit or just the class/type of? I mean, e.g., would I need to name each vamp (one layer each) or could I just say, 'My Vampires' (one layer for all)?
Poo, the more I learn, the more I know how much I do not know!
I would suggest rather than being specific to repeat the layer for every race. This way if you were to add or detract from your spirit family it would accomodate those changes without your having to change your binding.
I was trained to layer spells by weaving the energy threads together. However, I've noticed that not all practitioners weave and I'm seeing more stacking of spells. I'm curious if others find that the stacking is as stable and effective a technique as an energy weave?

Particularly when the stacks are of differing energy "flavors" don't the variants cause slippage, and destabalize the piece?

I tend to weave and anchor when binding energy to a piece, or even a candle.

As an example: If I stack say... a new age healing spell, a prayer to mother mary for intercession, a native american (let's say Osage) peace spell, and an afro-carribean chant for powerful manifestation and I want to seal them onto a blessed medallion for Saint Dymphna. What is going to keep those spells from losing cohesion and degrading? What do I need to do to tie them together so their effects are enhanced rather than conflicting?

With a weave I tend to match the energies and connect them. But stacking looks more like a brick wall, and I can't figure out what the mortar should be.
If you are binding for yourself then your energy would be the mortar. However, much of any kind of binding depends on the strength of the person performing it. Whether you are "stacking" or "weaving" magic you still have to have the individual power behind the work otherwise any work stacked or woven will degrade with time.

There doesn't have to be cohesion between spells or enchantments in order to fuse different enchantments or spells onto one piece. For sake of not wearing 100 pieces of jewelry every day I have pieces that hold literally hundreds of spells each, most of which have nothing to do with the other, but if I needed to call on several of them for different purposes at the same time then I could and they would work for me. In that case one could argue the mortar is my desire or my need for their assistance.

If you're talking about layering spells in order to create a multi-functional piece where each layer works with the other layer in order to provide a singular action (like a Scrying mirror) then the mortar holding all of the layers together is the intention & the energy of that intention behind the work... which goes back to your individual power & energy which would be the mortar holding them together.

If you are going to do spellwork where it is NOT intended for yourself but intended for use by others then you still have your individual power behind the binding which makes it powerful enough to be useful to someone else... but you also have different options for a common thread like a base-level energy hold which would be your standard reaction spell or a provocative spell intended to be active by ownership, code word, or other catalyst. In that case your base-level spell would act like the chain & the spells would be like pearls strung on the chain. To take the metaphor a bit further you can also see how in doing this you can end up with something this the Power for Yourself binding where the chain turns into knots between each pearl & each pearl can be accessed through individual code words to get through each knot or through a singular action or code word to unlock all knots.
OK, about that highlighted part... would that base-level spell be one like this, which I found in the "100 Free Spells" book in the CH reference area?
Mark

I mark this vessel that it may be the ending source of my casting
The spell that I speak will be forever bound to this object
Its casting will be connected at third tier
And its powers be used at the discretion of (say name of person)
I'm thinking that if I haven't got a name of a person yet, I can substitute "its owner", with full intent that the owner of the vessel will be able to wield it as needed.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Awesome to see this bumped. Very important concept.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Yes, you could use the spells from the 100 Spells book to create this!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

Had no idea about the layering idea and will certainly begin incorporating this into my spells. Have already printed off Ash's helpful quote!....... :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Will layering help me when I need a shield, but cannot communicate with my spirits or feel my surroundings? I need a shield that will protect me without blocking communication with my spirits or block my senses. When I am shielded, I still need to be able to sense my surroundings.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:Will layering help me when I need a shield, but cannot communicate with my spirits or feel my surroundings? I need a shield that will protect me without blocking communication with my spirits or block my senses. When I am shielded, I still need to be able to sense my surroundings.
Eclipsemetaphysical.com, WWP's site, has two amulets you might be interested in. One is the Empathy Shield Amulet, and the other is the Telepathy and Empathy Shield Amulet.

They both have settings for Full Shielding (blocks all incoming and outgoing transmissions), Limited Shielding (blocks incoming but allows the wearer to reach out with their senses deliberately), and Off (no blocking).

If you enter the word "empathy" on WWP's site, both these amulets will come up in the search results.

If you decide that you'd prefer to create your own shielding device, just knowing that setting up a shield with those attributes is possible could give you ideas of what you'd like to visualize.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Empress M
neophyte
neophyte

Useful

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Great advice for an aspiring mage

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! For this wonderful thread.

Return to “METHODOLOGIES”