~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Light & Love,
Renee
Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Faery Keeper wrote:What are these supposed to do?
They are a talisman to protect the bearer from negativity, hexes, dark entities and the like. I believe that most have been blessed by a holy man and will also provide an overall sense of good luck to it's owner. I think this can vary to some degree according to the blessings placed on each one but that is the general idea of most.

Bright Blessings~ Tammy

"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Dragon Lady wrote:
Faery Keeper wrote:What are these supposed to do?
They are a talisman to protect the bearer from negativity, hexes, dark entities and the like. I believe that most have been blessed by a holy man and will also provide an overall sense of good luck to it's owner. I think this can vary to some degree according to the blessings placed on each one but that is the general idea of most.

Bright Blessings~ Tammy
Tammy,
You are spot on!!!

Additionally, Phra Kanang will protect a person from themselves, in the sense that other people cannot control or invade your thoughts, or over-influence you, so your thoughts become more like Pristine Awareness.

Phra Kanang is A Form of Adamantine Kindness As Power.

Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Caiyros wrote:Tammy, You are spot on!!!

Additionally, Phra Kanang will protect a person from themselves, in the sense that other people cannot control or invade your thoughts, or over-influence you, so your thoughts become more like Pristine Awareness.

Phra Kanang is A Form of Adamantine Kindness As Power.

Caiyros
Ah! I didn't know this last bit about protecting thoughts! That is a huge added bonus considering we're bombarded by subliminal negativity constantly anymore. Thanks for sharing that as I will place intent for additional protection in that area.

Not to be obtuse but what is "Adamantine Kindness As Power"? I always associate anything with "Adam" in it to Christianity but I thought the Phra Kanang were Buddhist in origin...

Bright Blessings~ Tammy

"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

ADAMANTINE

A term used by: Mongolian Shaman, Bonpo, Buddhist (Vajrayana Madyamika Pransangika School), Hindu (Kashmir Shaivite School, Shakti-Tantra schools).

Its Learning Stage meaning is: Being unyielding under all circumstances to all negative impulses that lead to or already are Non-Compasionate Views.

Its COmpletion Stage meaning is: Take the imaginative metaphor of searching into the inner essence of hardness of a primordial diamond, there find its essence which is the Lightning Bolt itself, and there find its essence which is Ultimate Power which by its definition of Ultimate can only bathed in, ingested, and in some way you become a part of it without losing your own identity, and thus can only be endlessly given to others as the highest form of Charity. (in other traditions, the poet Sappho, St. Francis of Assisi, Hellen Keller, etc all understood this)

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
mane79nll
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

It is really interesting such a small statue has such wonderful abilities. It remind me of the egyptian immortal bes. At this moment, none of these really is calling to me......

For lifting an autumn down is not considered great strength, seeing the sun and the moon is not considered a sign of sharp vision, hearing thunder is not considered a sign of sensitive hearing
queenie
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

mines on its way! :D

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun
every year.
Vampire Lover [its a neck thing].
umbrea
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I couldn't resist and got 2 of them, one for our home and one for my daughter when she gets a home of her own.

Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well, here are my two boys! Orginally there were supposed to be 4, 2 from one seller and 2 from another. Apparently the last two decided to find someone else to live with as nobody seems to know where they went! LOL! So hopefully they will be well loved where ever it is they wound up! :D

The tiny fellow on the right has stolen my heart as he's a bit worse for wear. His little eyes are broken and cracked and he was absolutely filthy but he's responded well to a little TLC! Thanks again Caiyros for introducing me to these! I couldn't be happier having them here! ;)

queenie
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

theyre gorgeous! :D

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun
every year.
Vampire Lover [its a neck thing].

Return to “Dark Arts”