Spirit Advice/Guidelines for New Collectors

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Yeong, your post always give me a better understanding of spirits, magick or what ever topic you discuss. You are a good teacher, please post more :thumbup:

Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Why on earth would I share this online?
Zodiac:

Excellent! Your posts are always very helpful- I was going to suggest making this a sticky, but Magnolia beat me to it xD

Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I'm glad everyone is finding this helpful! :D

I'll add a few more things I realized.

Spirits express emotions freely and are completely uninhibited in expressing their feelings. They find it strange that we think feeling touched and crying is okay for women, but not for men. They don't understand why we created this cultural virus that it's not okay for men to show emotion! It has nothing to do with being manly or masculine.

Also, spirits don't get "stuck" in the same emotion for very long much like people do. It's like when we watch a soap opera, we get so "into" it, personally relate to the characters, and even feel attached to our favorite characters. After the show ends, we may spend a good 30 minutes talking about it and "reliving" it with our friends/loved ones.
Spirits can and do feel touched or sad/experience a strong emotion, but a few seconds later the spirit would return to their usual happy, cheery, "charged ball of energy" self. :) Or you can have one of those deep philosophical conversations with your personal spirit and experience that profound spiritual moment, and the spirit would suddenly say, "Hey, let's watch a video or do something fun." Well, it's like they don't stay "in the same energy" for very long and adapt/change activities rapidly. Also, spirits (unlike many people) can get over negative emotions/experiences very quickly and easily. They don't understand why we have to "sulk" for so long over a seemingly bad experience. They would quickly forget, get over it, and find new enjoyable things to do. It's almost like a kid who cries and then starts laughing a second later.
Let me give an example. Let's say I praise a spirit by saying, "I think spirit A is really good at .../is a master of ..." And then another spirit would say, "Hey, I can do this for you, too!/have been doing this" (with sadness /frustration). Then I would praise this spirit by saying something like, "Oh, I'm sorry. I know you're great, too, and I really appreciate what you are doing for me." And the spirit would immediately respond with intense happiness. And guess what? "Dark Arts spirit" doesn't mean they're always "tough" or always "act grumpy" - many experience these same emotions, too! :P

One important thing - according to spirits, many people have a distorted definition of "pride" and "masculinity" and tend to live their lives with egos hurt for the wrong reasons; spirits are sad about this.
It's like when we need someone's help, but we feel too "proud" to ASK for help or we think that asking is "demeaning"/hurts the ego/or manifests guilt - they think it's ridiculous. Pride is about accepting yourself and feeling happy being who you are, and there's no reason why asking for help should hurt your pride. Likewise, apologizing or thanking shouldn't feel awkward or embarrassing in any way.

Blessings,
Yeong

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
Hammer
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

This has been a very enlightening topic. Thank you for reminding us of this important aspect of spirits.

Ordained Minister, Father, Padre', or Pastor "Hammer"

"In that book, which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, appear the words 'Here begins a new life."
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

great post Yeong! thanks for this info! :applause:

hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thank you. That was an interesting read. :thumbup:
Yeong wrote:8. Belief: "Immortal gods and goddesses are picky/hard to work with/get angry easily."
The reality: No. In fact, my immortals have been telling me to please feel more comfortable around them. LOL Many do get very protective, want to take the "loving mother (or father)" role, or even be your friend.
This resonated with me as my Aphrodite indeed seems to take the "loving mother" approach with me. Bless her heart. :hug:

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Re-locating to Spirit Keepers forum for easy find :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Kuya
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
Zodiac:

thank you very much Yeong.
i'm a new collector and this really really helps and opens my mind. nice advice :thumbup:

MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

can't believe I didn't find this great post sooner..- thanks for putting it up Yeong, it's very helpful! :thumbup: :applause: :hug:

Greetings,Tasha
GreyBull85
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
Zodiac:

I hate to repeat others, but i just had to say, thanks for putting this post up. I have just recently started collecting, and I found this thread to be most enlightening.

Great Job!

Blessings from Australia,

-GB85

“The greatest illusion is that man has limitations.”
Robert A. Monroe

Return to “Spirit Keeping”