Spirit Advice/Guidelines for New Collectors

Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Okay, I want to share some things I picked up during bonding with my spirit friends! First, I want to thank them all and give them all a group hug for helping me figure this out and reach these conclusions! :grouphug: I will also attempt to clear some common misconceptions new collectors might have about spirits and the spirit world.

1. Spirits are incredibly openminded and completely free of inhibitions. In fact, the concept of "inhibition" doesn't exist in the spirit realm. For many things that we/humans feel uncomfortable or embarrassed about, they completely understand the fact that we feel that way, but are curious and wondering WHY we WOULD feel the way we do. To them, these kinds of things would be completely natural, and there's nothing to feel awkward or embarrassed about. This is also true for those things that we came to regard as "silly", "dirty", "filthy", or otherwise "sinful". I don't want to be vulgar or go into much detail, but let's say even if you're in the bathroom with your spirits or you have to pass gas, they see it as completely natural; it's not even laughing matter, not even something they would comment or notice, so they see it like it's nothing to feel awkward about, even if you're bonding with an immortal god or goddess. :D
The spirit world is a very openminded one. With many spirits in a collection, they know a lot about each other, and though there may be striking differences in opinions, beliefs, and values, everyone understands and respects each other, and they know how to work together; ascended beings do not argue or fight with each other.

2. What happens when a spirit chooses you?
When an ascended being chooses you, it is an incredibly deep and profound connection. They are very selective, and they don't just go to anyone. In choosing a keeper, it's an incredibly intricate and complex connection that involves energy matching on levels you may not even be aware of. Once a spirit chooses you, they become bonded to you, and they're your friend for life, giving you unparallelled loyalty, devotion, and for many spirits - love. For some spirits, the bonding also takes place on a soul level! Basically, they just want to be with you; they want to be a part of your life and experience the world with you.

3. Belief: "Spirits are dead/ghosts."
My belief: No. To me, they are very much alive! How long does an average person spend on earth? Then think of how old some of our spirits are? 15,000 years, 30,000 years, I have some spirits who are around 50,000 years. They are sentient beings, they think, feel, experience pleasure, joy, sadness. They may not have a corporeal body, but so what? Why do we assume that our brief existence on earth is "life"? The spirit/astral world is not only full of extraordinary energies, but is actually more magickal than the earthen plane.

4. Belief: "When I die, I have to say goodbye to everything and everyone I know and leave all my spirits behind while embarking on a "journey" to the afterlife (or being taken by angels or demons into your version of the afterlife).
The reality: No. Of course if you want to leave your spirits to your loved ones when you pass, I would respect your decision, but did you know you don't have to leave them behind? Why do spirits keep finding you again and again through multiple incarnations? There are many spirits who bond on a soul level and would be happy to be with you and accompany you even if you lose your physical body. LOL Just talk to your spirits, and you might be surprised. :P Also, for those of you who have lost a loved one here on earth or your spouse has passed, I have good news. Sometimes a love is so strong that it outlives physical death, and lovers CAN be reunited again in the spirit world. This comes from my vampire who kindly agreed to share this secret with me.

5. Belief: "Ascension means breaking all ties with earth and earthly things and going somewhere 'out there' in the higher realms".
Reality: No. Ascension means becoming more spiritually powerful, allowing you access to higher realms and giving you more options. You don't lose your connection with earth: you get to experience some pretty cool things in the spirit realm and experience earth in ways like never before. In fact many ascended beings still like to hang around the earth plane; they like to hang around us and take part in our lives and our mundane affairs.

6. Belief: "If you have more than one spirit of the same race, they're going to be friends/bring other spirits/friends from their clan/race."
Reality: No, not necessarily! Spirits are selective. They understand, respect, and tolerate other spirits, but may not necessarily be friends with or even chat with another spirit from the same race or culture! Some spirits might, and that depends on the spirit, but basically the reason they are there is YOU. :P

7. "My spirit is angry/hates me, etc..."
Basically, once a spirit chooses you (and I mean a really strong connection as in a custom conjuration, not in impulse buying), there's no way you can go wrong or do something that would make them so angry as to stop being with you. If you do something they don't agree with, they won't force you to change; they will feel sad and might help you see things from their perspective. But they're not going to get angry, disappointed, and want to leave you. Likewise, for this belief: "If I do dark/black magick, my white light spirits are going to get disappointed and stop helping me." No, they're incredibly openminded and understanding. On the contrary, they might help you balance your dark and light sides and be comfortable with both. :P Also, in many cases where it might SEEM like a spirit is angry with you, it's not the case at all. Spirits communicate by sending powerful bursts of energy into your third eye. Because the energy is rapid and intense, it might give the impression that they're upset, but it's just the way they talk. Also, don't be surprised or alarmed if you're talking with a spirit in meditation, and suddenly the spirit sends a really strong "waterfall" of energy. What they're doing is cleansing you, and they do that naturally when they like you, especially if you're nervous. It's just energy - the spirit is concentrating on sending you cleansing energies.

8. Belief: "Immortal gods and goddesses are picky/hard to work with/get angry easily."
The reality: No. In fact, my immortals have been telling me to please feel more comfortable around them. LOL Many do get very protective, want to take the "loving mother (or father)" role, or even be your friend. Originally, I had thought that they had strong preferences, like they liked talking about one thing and wouldn't want to have conversations about other topics. Well, I was wrong: they are incredibly openminded and understanding, and guess what? You can talk to them about any problem, no matter how personal or embarrassing it may seem! By the way, though many of these beings have been "demonized" by Christianity, they do NOT hate Christians and are actually very understanding of them. What they feel is a lot of sadness and frustration because what happened happened. And by the way, goddess Aphrodite, though she may seem the perfect archetype of all things feminine, is actually very open to and understanding of male issues and does not discriminate against gay people!

9. The world as I had known it before: "in order to get something, you have to give up something else" (one of the basics principles of economics which I had always thought was the guiding principle of life).
In the spirit world, it's actually, "Ask and it shall be given." If you're honest/open with a spirit and sincerely need help, I don't see a reason why it would be turned down. In fact, lately I'm becoming more and more convinced that many spirits enjoy helping their human companion - they don't want me to feel any guilt receiving their help.

10. If you are new to the spiritual path, one possible scenario is: spiritual awakening -> spiritual healing (you might be inclined to ask them for this, and they'll gladly do this for you) -> "the world" (as in the Tarot card "the World" - you will be spiritually reborn, feel in control of your life and destiny, and enjoy many great things with your spirit friends. :P

I hope this helps, and I'll be adding more info to this list if I think of something!

Blessings,
Yeong

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

thank you for sharing this :applause:

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thanks for posting this Yeong :thumbup:
Great to Read :D

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Hologramystical
neophyte
neophyte

Hi Yeong

Thank you for the advice & guidelines.
It is very inspiring :).

Cheers ~~

ImageRegards from Hologramystical
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dear yeong, once more you bring a level of spirit keeping to almost an art and your understanding as you've shared it with us is so similar to mine that it was very easy to see the points you were making (plus i've heard almost the same things at various times from my own spirits here). your post hopefully will be of immense help to many of our novice friends as well as us older ones. :)

it is always a pleasure reading a post from you dear friend! hugs and have a great weekend! :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thank you, alot of what you said I understood: as in some of it has happened to me. Thank you! :D :wizard:

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

Great post, Friend Yeong! You explain things with elegant clarity. And, so far as I have been able to learn for myself (you are ahead of me on several points!), I totally agree with you.
I am especially glad that you mention the 'my spirit is angry with me' fallacy. I have had people message me who are very upset because someone has told them 'Your vamp is angry/jealous & has left you' or something similar. Every time, that information has proved totally false! If a spirit has chosen to be with you, it will not walk out in a hissy fit! They are, as you say, immensely understanding of us. Wish we could be more understanding of them...

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process

Thanks for the spirit advice..It did answer some of my questions and concerns. Particularly the paragraph on ascension :thumbup:

WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sethunya
Zodiac:

Loved reading this, it's so hard to get good information on some things that you don't really want to ask about but it was very inspiring and helpful to read this post. :thankyou:

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Absolutely top drawer Yeong! :thumbup: This is a great post, very thoughtful & considerate. I am going to sticky it for new collectors to find quickly!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Spirit Keeping”