You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Royal Draconis
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Lord
Zodiac:

Well, it seems CH is a perfect community to do a variety of research projects on tattooing and spell work. Magnolia, you might want to put that on your "list" of things to consider. It does seem several are interested in whatever results might come from such a project - another "CH exclusive", perhaps?

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius - Hermes Trismegistus
WolfDream
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Guardian Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: WolfDreamer
Zodiac:

QuantumWater wrote: The question is is how one would get ahold of the ink to "spellcast" it prior to having the tattoo artist using it on you. I'm sure I could ask them, but I could only imagine the hassle and their willingness to do it. You also have to account for if you let them in on what you are doing, that their energy and intentions might taint the energetically charged tattoo ink before it sets in. Something to keep in mind...
I agree about the hassle. They might not even be allowed to by law let you bring your own ink or use ink you've left the shop with. Also I never considered the negetivity aspect of them when the do the work affecting the spell, if you let them know ahead of time what's up. Sooo back to enchanting the tattoo after it's been done. Generally that would mean we would have to do the binding and casting ourselves. Not like we can ship ourselves to our favorite caster and have them do it for us :(

EXTREMELY Proud keeper of a Western Guardian Dragon

Always posting from my iPhone

"The past can not be beaten...It can only be allowed to get farther away"
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're NOT"
"Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a Gift. That's why it's called The Present. Cherish it." - Spencer Johnson
LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

If a practitioner can bind a spirit or spell to you without being in their presence; would they not also be able to bind it to your tat from a distance also...maybe take a picture of the tat you want the spirit/spell attached to and send it to them?

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
WolfDream
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

gkhouck wrote:If a practitioner can bind a spirit or spell to you without being in their presence; would they not also be able to bind it to your tat from a distance also...maybe take a picture of the tat you want the spirit/spell attached to and send it to them?
Thats a nice idea...

Hope Magnolia or Ash or an experienced caster will see this and chime in. I love the idea behind this, it has so many possibilities that Im giddy lol :silly:

"Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a Gift. That's why it's called The Present. Cherish it." - Spencer Johnson
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

I only have two pieces, both specifically chosen for spiritual work.

The ink on my ankle was Not done in a ritualist environment, and all spell work had to be applied after the ink was already laid into my flesh. The experience was... not optimal... and the nature of the spell work caused freaky and unpleasant side effects (sensation of movement combined with frequent visual distortion indicating the same).

Having your primal phobia scamper about your flesh, while certainly effective for increasing the ability to cope, is not something I reccomend to others.

My second piece was done with ritual intent throughout the process. Although the artist was not a practitioner, he was located and approved by my guides, and accomodated my needs nicely. I was under the influence of my Patron during the inking, and the pain became a transformative key that forged the neccessary links. After I healed a little further tinkering was done, but most of the major spell work was laid at the time of the ink.

Since no one has mentioned it... please consider carefully before placing any tatoo on your body that will be constantly visible. Although body art is much more accepted now, at some point everyone is going to need to get a job. If you want something better for your life than flipping burgers then you need to be able to look like Ward and June Cleaver when it's neccessary. Please do not count on a glamorous career, fame, or fortune to negate this need. Even famous rock stars have to wait tables or cashier to pay the bills for awhile.

The person hiring you may very well be a narrow minded hipocritical bigot. But he's still the guy who hires you. Being able to look professional is going to be required (at least at entry level) for most decent jobs.

Now when I'm a retired old lady, and have no one to please but myself, I'll probably get so much ink and piercings I'll look like a circus freak.

I'm just saying... The other day I saw a young man who had F**K You tatooed on his forehead.

WolfDream
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

[quote="Maythen21"
Since no one has mentioned it... please consider carefully before placing any tatoo on your body that will be constantly visible. Although body art is much more accepted now, at some point everyone is going to need to get a job. If you want something better for your life than flipping burgers then you need to be able to look like Ward and June Cleaver when it's neccessary. Please do not count on a glamorous career, fame, or fortune to negate this need. Even famous rock stars have to wait tables or cashier to pay the bills for awhile.

The person hiring you may very well be a narrow minded hipocritical bigot. But he's still the guy who hires you. Being able to look professional is going to be required (at least at entry level) for most decent jobs.

I'm just saying... The other day I saw a young man who had F**K You tatooed on his forehead.[/quote]
Yes, that is a very valid point. But I'm well entrenched in my jobs where that wouldn't be a factor. I have wanted a tattoo for as long as I could remember. My rule was I would nit get one until I found the exact one I wanted, which I did two years ago. I gave it one more year+ to let it sink in and my thoughts haven't changed so I'm going to go for it. I'll put it off just a bit longer to see what other kind of info I can dredge up on enchanting them before I start though. Google searches have turned up nothing so this post and these wonderful people are for now my only source. Any and all info or suggestions are welcome so please jump in

WolfDream
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

This just occurred to me...what if I was to buy a spelled item form CH,let's say an attraction stone, for example. Would I be able to possibly transmute the spell from the stone directly to the tattoo, or even better, from the stone directly to the tattoo artists in before it has been applied to me? Thoughts?

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

I'm not an expert at using the transmute bag, but my own could not contain anything much larger than a golf ball. I couldn't fit a body part in there. A bottle of ink would fit if it was individual, but a kit wouldn't.

Can you transmute the spells yourself without resorting to a device? That would certainly make the process easier and more discreet.

My own bag is a shade I would refer to as "sissy froo froo" pink.
Had I whipped that out and started chanting in the (already hostile) environment of the first place I got ink, I suspect my experience would have been even worse than it was. (I might have gotten away with it had the bag been red or black.)

I was just thinking... in a very large, intricate, or heavily colored piece it can be done over several sessions. You could deconstruct a spell, and lay it in layer by layer with each session building on the spell work untill the entire piece was complete. If you backed it up with daily devotions to strengthen that layer, and waited for full healing each time, the pattern of energies could be gloriously complex.

Sorry if I sound a little goofy, I have to be careful when I've worked a 12 hour shift and get on the internet after work.

Oh, and my comment about Ward and June Cleaver wasn't directed at any single person in case it was percieved that way.

WolfDream
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

See now I'm convinced I was meant to see this thread before doing any ink work. You just described my tattoo almost perfect. It will be large, slightly intricate(tribal style), and require several sessions regardless of how I go about it. However it will be 99% one color. With a possibility of other colors down the road.

Now, its my understanding that to transmute with the bag the item being transmuted TO doesn't need to fit in the bag. The bag just needs to touch the item. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Once the spell has been transmuted form say a stone to the tattoo, that's it it's done. However I like your idea much more of strengthing the spell after it's done while you heal. Sooo let's say I cast a spell bound to a stone, transmute it to the artist ink right before they start my work, then as I heal since the spell is mine I can recast it each day directly to the finished product for as long as necessary. Opinions?

The biggest downside to this for me would be that I am still a supernovice when it comes to casting. I have made and enchanted several pieces for OTHERS with major success. But when it comes to casting for my own benefit I get no effects.

This discussion has plans forming in my skull keep the ideas and advice coming lol

WolfDream
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

::bump:: any new ideas?

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”