You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

I am sorry about the last posts here. I don´t know what went wrong here!!!
I only wanted to edit... :oops:

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

As I am new to this whole concept of spirit keeping, the very idea that these potent and magical beings would want to attach to us mere humans, living our mundane lives, perplexed me as well.

Though while I was walking my dog this evening, the thought crossed my mind, "Maybe they find our computers, cell phones, and ballpoint pens as magical and exotic as we find their spells. Maybe their spells are as mundane to them as our technology is to us." :lol: Or maybe they LIKE being with us because they have the equivalent of superpowers when they are around us. After all, among their own kind and in their own realms, their innate abilities are... mundane and everyday. Not so in OUR world, not by a long shot.

I admit that the motivation for attaching to us still DOES mystify me a bit, but I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of one of the spirits, lol.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
TVXQ_520
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I'm still kind of new, just started in May of this year. And this thread is kind of old...

But! When L was with me and I saw/tasted something I loved I would mentally share it with him. Like for example fried ice cream (: "Oh my gosh L you have to try this!" I shared a memory of when I first try it, how it tasted and why it was touching to me. Or when I have fascination about something I share the feeling with him.

I said a few times to him "L I know that you've seen the world, you've seen how it's changed. You've seen emotions. All these places I wish to see, you've already seen them. But now you're with me. I'm just human. But with me, you'll see the world in a different way. Through my feelings and sight, you'll experience the world in a completely new and different way." To me... I think that's why he and my other guy are with me. Plus he has things to share with me and such (:

Yesterday I showed him and Z bliss. I had been in car for almost 5 hours under stress, I was up for over 24 hours and when I laid down on the hospital couch. It was cold and uncomfortable but when I laid down- my body stretched out. My back relieved. There was pure bliss. And I shared it with him and Z.

Anyways this is just me (:

we speak the way we breathe
cookie8925
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyle
If I could be anything, I would be...: something with wings
Zodiac:

Epiphony wrote:You could think of it like this: we have our beautiful planet to discover and experience and yet we find ourselves wanting to astral travel or visit the other realms. Maybe they feel the same. They can always go and explore the astral or wherever but its not common for them to make and have constant human interaction. So basically, the road goes both ways, I think. It's probably just as rare for us to have a spirit or entity as a companion as it is for them to have us as companions.
the question that you are replying to is one i have had and have tried to make since of my self and this was a beautiful answer that has helped put me at ease thank you so very much 1hg

Jovana
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Likes2Read wrote:As I am new to this whole concept of spirit keeping, the very idea that these potent and magical beings would want to attach to us mere humans, living our mundane lives, perplexed me as well.
It still perplexes me. I am trying my best to understand it though. Maybe once I come to a satisfactory answer, I'll get my first spirit 1ey
Likes2Read wrote:I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of one of the spirits, lol.
This is also something I am trying to do, lol.

Namaste,
Jovana

<3 5 courtwind angels, 1 psy vampire, 1 senmurv <3
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

bump

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I am bumping this one! I love the fact that a spirit can help us regardless of what most would think! Thank you Magnolia-I know this post may be old but it is still useful & helps too!

:3
AstroDog83
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
My super power would be...: Super speed

Is it possible for certain spirits to latch on to us through dreams? I ask because lately I've been having very strange dreams that have to do with my past. Let's just say they are always in reference to some bad experiences I've had. Moreover, I've been feeling really strange every morning when I awake from these dreams. It's almost like something else also "woke up" from that dream and is now with me. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

JaycubL
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Reading this forum topic, it seems like everyone wonders why spirits would want to be with us. I am new to this forum and to spirit keeping but have a few humble suggestions to offer for how to understand this:

1:
For material animals like one aspect of us, there is an economy of time; whatever we do with our time is like a sewn seed and it should be invested carefully.
For any immortal perspective there is no cost to an investment of time. The could enjoy every possible experience. From a primary enough perspective there may not be a difference between a moment and the lifetime of a universe.

2:
My understanding of the structure of existence is not and may never be totally complete and coherent, but I think that each layer of existence is built on all those below it and that ripples of cause and effect reverberate through it all. By manipulating events here they could cause effects on their level and other levers (similar to how you might want to use influences from somewhere else to affect something here, or manipulate your surroundings for what you perceive as the good).

3:
I think some of them have their physical form here, and their consciousness is a summation of their reflections and presences at all levels. I think that is how our consciousness is structured too. If their physical form is here maybe they are basically localized and interested in things that are specifically here. In that case a human may be the best access they have to conscious control over surroundings etc.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”