You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Do you guys do tarot readings with your companions? I asked one of mine right now, "what is it about spending time with humans that you enjoy the most?"

I pulled Ace of Swords + The world, my Shadow card was Page of Pentacles, and my Illuminated card was The Fool. I think it's because, as incarnated mortal beings, we have very robust and real life experiences. Our emotions are raw, we only have our own point of view (hat's why it can be so hard to understand somebody with a completely different set of ethics to your own), we all start here fresh and have to learn new things on fly (basically, each life experience you have is experienced in a new context for the very first time from your own personal point of view), and we have a limited amount of time to do it all in.

I would say the best analogy is reading a book - you get to enter the mind of a stranger, experience their journey first hand and watch them grow, but as the reader, you notice foreshadowing and tropes that the narrator isn't able to see while they're experiencing their journey. And then, it's all wrapped up neatly in the end. As a bonus, if it's a good, well written book, you can be moved and feel new things and vicariously live an adventure that maybe you would never be able to experience in your own life.

Isn't that cool?

they/them

Faolan
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote: Fri May 21, 2010 11:16 pm Spirits want the ability to communicate, share, and be part of something. Spirits do that by coming into our lives themselves or by being invoked or conjured. Once they have come to us they can stay of their own will, attach themselves to a person or vessel, or be bound temporarily or permanently to a person or vessel.

No one wants to think that after they have gone there will be no purpose or usefulness to their lives. Many have reported being "haunted" by loved ones or ancestors, these reports coming even from those who are not typical subscribers to the paranormal. This is no different in the aspect of spirits from our own realm & other realms; they too wish to be of purpose & assistance. Some are set on accomplishing help with a particular human whereas others roam unbound until there is a specific need for their guidance, support, help, friendship, companionship, etc.

They have the capability of being on our realm as well as the spiritual realm, and in the case of those who originated from the astral realm or spiritual realm some have the capability of walking all 3 planes. This accounts for why sometimes their presence is more strongly felt than others. They aren't always sitting around waiting for something to happen, they are capable of coming & going to and from you to their own realm on their own.
Absolutely, your post resonates deeply with me. The concept that spirits seek to communicate, share, and be part of our lives is a profound one. In my understanding, coming from a Buddhist background, spirits possess the remarkable ability to move at the speed of thought. This explains their ability to appear before us instantaneously or be in various places swiftly, enhancing our interactions with them.

I also believe that due to their unique perception and existence beyond physical confines, spirits might have the capacity to predict or sense short-term events. This could be attributed to their transcendent perspective, different from our human understanding of time and reality.

Spirits attaching themselves to people or objects, as you mentioned, is a fascinating aspect that spans across various cultures and beliefs. This attachment can be seen as a symbiotic relationship, where spirits seek purpose and connection, while we, in turn, might seek guidance, protection, or a sense of continuity with the past.

The idea that spirits can traverse between their realm and ours at will suggests a complex and dynamic nature of the spiritual realm. This autonomy of spirits indicates that their interactions with us are not merely random occurrences but could be influenced by their own intentions and purposes, which might align or contrast with our own.

Your point about the diversity of spirits is particularly intriguing. It opens up the possibility that there are entities with origins and purposes that are beyond our current understanding, reflecting a rich and diverse spiritual ecosystem.

I appreciate the various perspectives and experiences people have with spirits, and I'm open to different viewpoints. This openness allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the spiritual realm, encouraging respectful curiosity and exploration.

Overall, your post has offered a thought-provoking perspective on the nature of spirits and their interaction with our world. It's a topic that invites us to consider the broader implications of our encounters with the spiritual realm, both for personal growth and in our understanding of the universe.

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Faolan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:34 pm
Magnolia wrote: Fri May 21, 2010 11:16 pm Spirits want the ability to communicate, share, and be part of something. Spirits do that by coming into our lives themselves or by being invoked or conjured. Once they have come to us they can stay of their own will, attach themselves to a person or vessel, or be bound temporarily or permanently to a person or vessel.

No one wants to think that after they have gone there will be no purpose or usefulness to their lives. Many have reported being "haunted" by loved ones or ancestors, these reports coming even from those who are not typical subscribers to the paranormal. This is no different in the aspect of spirits from our own realm & other realms; they too wish to be of purpose & assistance. Some are set on accomplishing help with a particular human whereas others roam unbound until there is a specific need for their guidance, support, help, friendship, companionship, etc.

They have the capability of being on our realm as well as the spiritual realm, and in the case of those who originated from the astral realm or spiritual realm some have the capability of walking all 3 planes. This accounts for why sometimes their presence is more strongly felt than others. They aren't always sitting around waiting for something to happen, they are capable of coming & going to and from you to their own realm on their own.
Absolutely, your post resonates deeply with me. The concept that spirits seek to communicate, share, and be part of our lives is a profound one. In my understanding, coming from a Buddhist background, spirits possess the remarkable ability to move at the speed of thought. This explains their ability to appear before us instantaneously or be in various places swiftly, enhancing our interactions with them.

I also believe that due to their unique perception and existence beyond physical confines, spirits might have the capacity to predict or sense short-term events. This could be attributed to their transcendent perspective, different from our human understanding of time and reality.

Spirits attaching themselves to people or objects, as you mentioned, is a fascinating aspect that spans across various cultures and beliefs. This attachment can be seen as a symbiotic relationship, where spirits seek purpose and connection, while we, in turn, might seek guidance, protection, or a sense of continuity with the past.

The idea that spirits can traverse between their realm and ours at will suggests a complex and dynamic nature of the spiritual realm. This autonomy of spirits indicates that their interactions with us are not merely random occurrences but could be influenced by their own intentions and purposes, which might align or contrast with our own.

Your point about the diversity of spirits is particularly intriguing. It opens up the possibility that there are entities with origins and purposes that are beyond our current understanding, reflecting a rich and diverse spiritual ecosystem.

I appreciate the various perspectives and experiences people have with spirits, and I'm open to different viewpoints. This openness allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the spiritual realm, encouraging respectful curiosity and exploration.

Overall, your post has offered a thought-provoking perspective on the nature of spirits and their interaction with our world. It's a topic that invites us to consider the broader implications of our encounters with the spiritual realm, both for personal growth and in our understanding of the universe.
I just noticed you have posted quite a lot today. Mostly in old topics. I just hope you are not posting just to increase your post count and really participate in the discussions. If really your intent is to participate in discussions, that is commendable.

Faolan
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

CH Moderator wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:41 am
Faolan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:34 pm

I just noticed you have posted quite a lot today. Mostly in old topics. I just hope you are not posting just to increase your post count and really participate in the discussions. If really your intent is to participate in discussions, that is commendable.
I genuinely appreciate your concern and understand where you're coming from. I want to assure you that my intention and goal is to actively participate in the discussions, regardless of the age of the posts.

I believe that even older topics can have ongoing relevance and offer valuable opportunities for continued dialogue and learning. By contributing to these discussions, I hope to bring new perspectives and insights, fostering a richer and more engaging community experience for everyone.

Again, thank you for your observation and for the opportunity to clarify my intentions. I'm here to contribute positively and meaningfully to the Spirit Keeping community.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”