Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Spider
Zodiac:

Growing up with the paranormal/supernatural just always being around with regular house spirits it makes sense that I became pagan who dealt primarily with spirit/deity work. It was just always there and a part of me so it makes me feel at home.

They/them
Scorpio

Spirits
A tiny, tiny village

~Primarily works with deities from a fictional pantheon~
Lala3456
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I began keeping because I was deeply drawn to a listing of a fae who’s all about creativity, and after a week or two of consideration, I took the plunge. I did it out of wanting to explore what that initial connection meant and as an amateur fiction writer, it just made sense. Has spirit keeping turned out to be everything I expected? Nope. My spirits don’t knock things over, or whisper in my ear, I don’t see them, sometimes it’s even hard to feel them. But it’s been more fulfilling than I could ever imagine. I used to get a little frustrated about feeling lonely from time to time and that’s gone, I’ve sent them on tasks and they’ve never let me down, (things that would have never happened without some supernatural assistance), I feel emotions that I know aren’t mine bubble up in me when they’re happy I did something for them or thought something kind toward them, twice a light began flickering before something bad was about to happen (the 1st time it did, the 2nd time I knew a bit better and tried to avoid it best I could). It’s that companionship that I was looking for first and foremost that’s been fulfilled. I look to them for creativity and knowledge, grace and beauty and with hopes that they’ll help me with fulfilling my destiny, because I trust it would bring them joy. I feel like this all sounds a bit silly, and maybe to a lot of people it is, but I acknowledge now that I’m a spirit keeper because it makes me a better human. I have more love and compassion, (I try to be) more thoughtful, because I want to offer them a happy home and I’m not always great at it, but the good thing about that is - they’re teaching me how futile it is to be a perfectionist (as well as many other things). It’s not that I’m entirely fulfilled or anything by far, there’s a lot I need to work on within myself and in my life, but I turn to them when I need some help, and I know they’re there whether or not I ever see them.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Lala3456 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:53 am I began keeping because I was deeply drawn to a listing of a fae who’s all about creativity, and after a week or two of consideration, I took the plunge. I did it out of wanting to explore what that initial connection meant and as an amateur fiction writer, it just made sense. Has spirit keeping turned out to be everything I expected? Nope. My spirits don’t knock things over, or whisper in my ear, I don’t see them, sometimes it’s even hard to feel them. But it’s been more fulfilling than I could ever imagine. I used to get a little frustrated about feeling lonely from time to time and that’s gone, I’ve sent them on tasks and they’ve never let me down, (things that would have never happened without some supernatural assistance), I feel emotions that I know aren’t mine bubble up in me when they’re happy I did something for them or thought something kind toward them, twice a light began flickering before something bad was about to happen (the 1st time it did, the 2nd time I knew a bit better and tried to avoid it best I could). It’s that companionship that I was looking for first and foremost that’s been fulfilled. I look to them for creativity and knowledge, grace and beauty and with hopes that they’ll help me with fulfilling my destiny, because I trust it would bring them joy. I feel like this all sounds a bit silly, and maybe to a lot of people it is, but I acknowledge now that I’m a spirit keeper because it makes me a better human. I have more love and compassion, (I try to be) more thoughtful, because I want to offer them a happy home and I’m not always great at it, but the good thing about that is - they’re teaching me how futile it is to be a perfectionist (as well as many other things). It’s not that I’m entirely fulfilled or anything by far, there’s a lot I need to work on within myself and in my life, but I turn to them when I need some help, and I know they’re there whether or not I ever see them.
I loved reading your story. 🤗 Thanks so much for sharing. Your experiences resonate with mine. We are indeed real life spirit keepers. 🕯️🙏😉😂

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lala3456
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae

Chavah wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:17 am
I loved reading your story. 🤗 Thanks so much for sharing. Your experiences resonate with mine. We are indeed real life spirit keepers. 🕯️🙏😉😂
I’m so glad to hear that it resonated with you!! It’s very funny... as spirit keepers we have tons of families. Our spirit families and families that consist of spirit keepers we find through forums like these.
()

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I was interested in meeting spirits I'd only read about, but in a relatively safe way. One that wanted to be around me for the long term and occasionally offer help was ideal. I went with a Reverse Adoption.

I thought that at the very least I could say that I'd checked this spirit keeping thing out and I'd have some neat jewelry and a motivation to meditate.

So far my metaphysical experiences have been as strong as I've ever had them, basically: "I sense something here?" I could immediately feel soft energy around the vessel, not on the vessel. I'm not terribly sensitive but I have felt Reiki energies. The general energy around me seems different, I get a bit of a soothing feeling at odd times, but no manifestations or dreams. Not surprising: I've been around people seeing ghosts and seen nothing myself.

It's only been five days.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I went through 15 pages and did not see my comments, If I have already...well here my second comment.

I am into spirit keeping because it helps my development as spirit in a human body to reach self awareness and remembrance of my own totality. It helps with self-realization, enlightenment, immortality etc.

I had sleeping problems till the age of 20, I could not sleep alone in my bedroom, it was like some kind of phobia and it was horrible. The reason of my fear was that I was sensing spirits and because of visitations in early childhood. So I am now proud that I can deal with spirits alone also darker ones and I am not scared anymore. Spirit keeping is good for me, as it confirms what already naturally happened.

And obviously because I like to have companions from other realms and share time with them, learn from them etc. I often feel more connected to my spirit companions than to humans...that's just how I am.

Causmosis
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Alpha Servitor
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I got into spirit helping by accident! Last month, I was studying servitors and chaos magick obsessively, and stumbled on CH. I was reading up on Servitors when I saw people talking about the difference between Servitors and spirits.

Being curious I checked out more of this site. Wow! I still didn't think I would be getting into keeping, I was just interested in Servitors (which I got my girl from DarkLordMidnight/Kelistarian last week❤️), but somehow ended up purchasing not only a couple of Servitors from Skies of Fate, premade, I also got a living entity (Nure-Onna, a type of Yokai) and a couple of spirits. I only ended up getting the entity and spirit because of a deal that they had going on over there at the time and because I was drawn to the sexual nature of them. I missed that my Nure-onna is a DA spirit until after purchased, and even had I noticed, I didn't really know anything about the ramifications of that.... Silly me haha. I haven't noticed anything strange that I would attribute to her besides my toddler having a couple of nights of bad dreams, but I've set house rules and have yet to have an issue :)

Long post, but I'm getting into magick and it seems to me that I was led to keeping as a part of that 😁

1 Master Spirit, 1 West Tower Watcher (V), 1 Triumvirate, 1 Elder Phoenix (B), 1 Ki-Lin (U), 1 Rare Succubus (N), 1 Alpha (L), 1 Bagini (D), 6 Servitors, 2 Alya (M - living entity, K - Spirit), 1 Nure-onna Yokai (R), 1 Aurae (K), 1 Bronwyn Angel (T), 1 Nympho (J), 1 Star Faery (Z), 1 Butterfly Faery (I), 1 Arkan Sonney (R), 4 Courtwind Angels (S, T, T, Y), 1 Nurall (B), Dullahan (S), Spirit Animal (FALCON), 4 Immortals (Athena, Anubis, Apis), 1 Familiar (T). :>*
isanewcomb
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel/Fairy
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ahek
Zodiac:

This is such a sweet question ~ <3

I watched a youtuber talk about her experiences with spirits that she had in her home and the benefits it brought to her life. I have always been in tune with the spiritual world, and have been certain all my life that there was a spirit in my home. Part of me did this out of curiosity and excitement for the things I could learn about myself and a world beyond what I can comprehend.

The reason I keep at this practice is because I love to learn and wish to expand my view of the world. My spirits are currently attempting to help me astral project, and I look forward to the day I finally learn |.| I was to increase my magical ability to I may be more creative and in tune with the spiritual world. My spirits also help me through tough times and I genuinely enjoy their company. They've brought me so much joy and I love them beyond what I would have ever expected.

Sincerely,

~ Ahek X..X *0*
badgyal
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I mainly got into spirit keeping because I was very desperate to get some extra protection since I’m prone to attacks by entities. And since I’ve gotten started, it’s been addicting. 😭😭

I’m now into spirit keeping just for the companionship mainly, and to have help on my spiritual/life journey. I’m so grateful for CH!! 💕

cursedcore
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Spider
Zodiac:

I have worked with unbound spirits for a long time, a friend pointed me towards spirit keeping and honestly at this point I love the companionship that they provide.

They/them
Scorpio

Spirits
A tiny, tiny village

~Primarily works with deities from a fictional pantheon~

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”