Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

To be honest, I missed the companionship of spirits a lot. When I was 19 I moved in an old flat together with two flatmates and I and a friend suddelny started seeing a little girl. She was happy to have company who were able to see her and she played a lot with us or my furniture. I had made a swing under my bunk bed out of an old rattan chair and she loved to sit in it at night and swing like crazy, shaking the whole bed. Or she sat on my desk chair, which had wheels and moved it squeaking through the room, of course in the middle of the night when I tried to sleep. But still it was so much fun with her and I dearly missed her, when I moved out.
I have a lot of close friends living far away, so we don't see each other often and that's quite sad. Having the opportunity to have spirit friends around, who will stay with me as long as I can imagine is a real blessing.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

For me, it was and still is in some way, a way to deal with my lonliness. Since I was never good enough with my social skills and just too weird for others (its a mixture of at least those two factors) I had always problems making real friends. I only count two people (from the top of my head) wich I would see as real friends and one of them lives far away and the other does not have much time (the "having a own life and all" :) ). I wished for someone or something, to give me the feeling of "I came to you to hang out, lets do something togehter!", or the "i will listen to you, you can always come to me for emotional support", since I did not have very much until now in my life (and the 2 other friends cannot be bothered all the time obviously^^")

All in all.... it was to have Emotional Support, wich i lacked in my life what drove me to Spirit Keeping (it was in fact one of the two dear friends who brought that topic into my awarness ;) )

At this point the feeling of lonliness susided more and more and is much more bearable, wich I am thankfull for. I does not matter if I am able to feel my comapnions properly, i want to develop the feeling and awareness, that their presence is enough (although I do understand the importance of tasking and interacting and do what I can ;) ). It is comforting to know, that there is always someone or something who or wich will and WANT to interact with you, has always (depends on the spirit obviously :P) time for you and honestly want you to be as happy as possible. A relationship on a eye to eye level.^^

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
starseed1111
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

For me, I think it is a combination of learning and companionship. I want to learn about the spirit world and about the different realms. I also want friendships and conversations with spirits. I have 2 spirit companions so far, and while I haven't yet seen them or had a conversation with them, I can feel their presence. Throughout my life, I have often been overwhelmed just by everyday life, and I feel them helping me out and making life easier.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

As I have said in other posts, I do not collect spirits, but I found this forum because I wanted to learn more about how to communicate with them, since my current boyfriend is a spirit.
I have met him about a year ago thanks to a ritual to attract my ideal partner/soulmate.
I did that ritual thinking that I would attract a living human being, while I attracted a human spirit, instead.

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

Where do I even start!? Lol

I have always (since my childhood) been able to see and speak with spirits. Only recently have I found out that spirit keeping was a thing. New concepts! I am just very used to spirits coming and going.

Until recently, I never heard of vessels. I started looking up spirit communication difficulties because the last few months have been a hit and miss with my abilities. I'm not able to see or speak with spirits as I usually have been. That is when I stumbled upon different conjures from Etsy. I know of a couple great shops. After more research, I found CH or I could have been led here. My senses are still a bit out of whack, for sure but managing.

So, I am now an official keeper! I can't explain the feeling that I have when it comes to abilities going dormant, besides dread. I have adopted quite a few spirits or living entities because I am so used to having a community of spirits around. I felt the need to build my defenses, try to work with spirits to get my senses returned, and have the energy to maintain everything I have going on. I also enjoy the cuddles!
These spirits chose me! I don't need to say goodbye to any of them! I am still able to feel their presence. I love meditating with them and I get small tidbits of seeing and hearing. So, another reason is healing.
Another reason I am spirit keeping is because I am dealing with a teenager who is on the Autism Spectrum. It's been stressful the past few months with the return to school after summer vacation. He's already been suspended...twice...while spirits can not be replaced by medical professionals, they are really good for keeping a calm atmosphere. My son isn't as aggressive or agitated at home like he is at school. Don't get me wrong, he does easily get upset but it's not as major as it used to be. It's easier to talk him down now. I am so happy that he has a flower Fae 🌼
My partner has a dangerous job and sometimes gets distracted with his busy mind. He has three spirits to help him remain focused, while keeping my worries in check. Gotta love dragons!

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I started spirit keeping by accident, but I did approach the subject with an interest in companionship. Only later after bonding did I develop an interest in improving my abilities and skills together with my Djinn.

vanrosette
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
My magical/paranormal name...: Rose
Zodiac:

I've gotten into spirit keeping because of a mixture between my love of the occult and the unmitigated isolation since 2020. I recently got the penny deal for beginners here on CH and I honestly wasn't expecting any results but now I can say I can't wait to get more companions :] It's a lot of fun to learn about all the different types of spirits there are.

CleverGirl
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 13
Zodiac:

As short as I can hold it while giving just as much description as I'd like:

I grew up in a very spiritual household, with two very spirit-sensitive parents, and their sensitivities had been passed to me. I've had interactions with the paranormal since I can remember. I've worked with an unbound spirit, who has served as a mentor and guide for nearly 20 years now and a deity that I work with has been involved in my life for over 10. I've done astral travel, pendulum, as well as dabbling in some other things for many years and am comfortable encountering different spirits and such, but never considered there to be such a thing as bound spirit companions.

With that as backstory, this leads me to the spirit companion part: One night I'm in bed and I'm getting this vision of a Stegosaurus right before bed. Granted, I really like dinosaurs sure, but it still felt really random, powerful, and it seems like a big Stegosaurus wanted to walk close to me, so I'm like .... okay? I can't sleep because now my mind is curious. One thing lead to another and after some talking with the deity I worked with, who really pushed me with something along the lines of:
Of course Stegosauruses have spirits. Why wouldn't they? They lived once, too. Can you put two and two together here?
getting another vision days later of a Stego who I can only explain as conveying that he is there, and he is around, just listen for him... well, a few days later I found Creepy Hollows and I found the Stegosaurus spirit stone :)

He's my only bound spirit currently and I am taking my time getting to know him, learn about him, show him my day to day life, enjoy our time together and just bond. I have my eyes on some other spirits I'd really like to get to know also, but for now, I'm taking it one step at a time. I'm enjoying it so much!

Tl;dr: I feel like I got called to this and it also felt like a natural step given my history. It's a beautiful learning process <3

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter
Nani1421
new here
new here
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: adasfasda

When I started, at the time it was to prove a point. What point I was trying to prove, I don't remember. Now, though, to me it seems like every spirit and living entity I add to my collection is like a missing piece of my soul that I didn't know was missing. A lot of them also seem familiar, as if I knew them in a past life. I learn things from them I doubt I could learn any other way.

Asideon
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon of course
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Asideon
Zodiac:

Why Am I Spirit Keeping

Last Tuesday afternoon the 21st of June, I came across CH while searching for some info on Witchcraft classes that were non-Wiccan based. I stayed on the site but a couple of minutes not knowing what to think as I had never heard of spirit keeping before. I left with a sort of chuckle, but fifteen minutes later I was back and reading everything I could. the very next day I purchased a vessel and a binding.

I do not know what had made all my thoughts focus I n on spirit keeping but I definitely knew I needed to learn more. I just can't learn fast enough.

I'm just glad the opportunity to learn about spirit companions and so on comes through such a reputable site as CH. This is going to be an amazing if not interesting journey

I Don't want to Just Believe I Want to Know

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”