How do you know a spirit wants to be with someone?

someone
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

I mean theoretically spirits are like individual people, so even if we're set up on a blind date by a matchmaker, it doesn't mean things will go 100% right. That's how I saw it, anyway, but I don't know.

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Mihrah wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:38 pm Has there ever been a situation (that any of you know of) where no spirit has wanted to go with a certain keeper? If so, is there anything that can be done, or is that kinda it for that person?
^^THIS! This is what I want to know too! I keep reading through all these long old threads trying to find the answer. It might be easier if I just start a new thread.. But I've definitely met some people in life that NO ONE wants to be around. I know the spirit world is different but I still can't help but to wonder what if?!
I've actually even had the thought cross my mind while waiting for my spirit friends.. What if none of them want me?! :} :..(

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Amarantha wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:56 pm^^THIS! This is what I want to know too! I keep reading through all these long old threads trying to find the answer. It might be easier if I just start a new thread.. But I've definitely met some people in life that NO ONE wants to be around. I know the spirit world is different but I still can't help but to wonder what if?!
No person is completely bad, as is no person is completely flawless. There would always be spirits who see a particular side of a person and decide that's enough reason to join them. Just because we see the disagreeable side of someone, doesn't mean all spirits will see the same. They more often than not see more than what we see.

Plus, spirits have varying personalities and what they consider tolerable varies.
I've actually even had the thought cross my mind while waiting for my spirit friends.. What if none of them want me?! :} :..(
Lol I'm no stranger to similar thoughts as well. Sometimes I think to myself I won't accept being bound to me as companion so I don't understand why they would ever. They however apparently say they never regretted their decision, and they see what I don't see in myself just yet. Spirits see as truer than we see ourselves. They accept our flaws, and are still tirelessly loyal to us, wanting us to improve, to become the best version of ourselves. That's one of the reasons why I love them, and why I feel both blessed and at times cannot believe it having their companionship.

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

Magnolia wrote: Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 pm As a Keeper when it comes to your decision in choosing a pre-bound spirit you should take into consideration the immediate reaction & gut instincts in reading or seeing the spirit. There is no substitute for the immediate, positive kinship you feel towards a spirit.
Thanks, Magnolia! This was quite insightful towards a present situation I find myself in, regarding a preconjure.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
CemeteryJewel
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but should a Keeper do regular checks as to whether their Companions still want to be with them? Is it possible that an entity can be matched to you then change their mind?

Say you purchased a listing for a prebound with the intention of being committed to some kind of regular spiritual and psychic practice, but then your life or emotions changed and you didn't even have an altar anymore. Would they just leave or would it be the decent thing to offer to rehome them?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

CemeteryJewel wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:40 pm Apologies if this is a dumb question, but should a Keeper do regular checks as to whether their Companions still want to be with them? Is it possible that an entity can be matched to you then change their mind?

Say you purchased a listing for a prebound with the intention of being committed to some kind of regular spiritual and psychic practice, but then your life or emotions changed and you didn't even have an altar anymore. Would they just leave or would it be the decent thing to offer to rehome them?
The standard in modern spirit keeping - especially with CH - seems to be that the conjuration for a bound companion only brings forward beings that wish to be that. And it is for a lifelong companionship.

Once they've agreed to that, that's the agreement. I think the general idea is that spirits see things from a less limited perspective than living humans and don't enter into such an agreement lightly / half-heartedly, or with a view to changing their mind part way through.

That's the standard thing. CH does sell an item that customers can use to bind unbounds either for lifelong, or for a temporary period.

The key thing at work here is the spirit's consent. They're not duped into coming forward or confused about whey they agree to being a companion...is the idea, as I understand it.

If someone's not sure about whether they would like a lifelong companion, they could ask if the practitioner can do a temporary one. (Or use the CH binding unbounds box. CH has other items that can be used to meet unbounds: the WA & DA portals.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think I should add: in the end it does come down to how the individual conjurer or seller has done the companion spirit binding. It should be very clear from the information that they supply whether or not the binding is temporary. It usually isn't...in which case the spirit will not leave their keeper.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
CemeteryJewel
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Lewk wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:54 am I think I should add: in the end it does come down to how the individual conjurer or seller has done the companion spirit binding. It should be very clear from the information that they supply whether or not the binding is temporary. It usually isn't...in which case the spirit will not leave their keeper.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I am still learning about this practice so I'm trying to absorb all the information I can.

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

I feel like I have grown a lot over the last couple months and somthing I noticed about prebounds, mostly becuase my ability to communication or be open to communication and interaction has increased I actually most of the time feel their presence and get a strong draw towards that listing, almost like somthing is pulling or attracting me back to the listing. This is usually the first sign.

I then wait a day, I almost always get dreams of them and they come interact with my dreams and state they are interesting in me forming a bond or relationship with them. Recently over the past two weeks I get visions of them after looking at the listing about 10 / 20mins after. Then anywhere from 20-40 minutes they manifest not fully but they appear and interact with me, now these are only the ones I feel a connection with or pull when I look at the posting.

Honestly if you are new, I’m still new but I noticed if you pay attention to the small stuff and nurture it, everything slowly gets more potent and you feel much more interaction.

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Beckielyn
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I read this thread when I decided to start spirit keeping and was terrified I had picked one that absolutely wouldn't wanna be with me. I actually sent in a message begging them to not send anyone who didnt like me. 😂🤷‍♀️
I wouldn't wanna be bound to someone I felt was an utter knob, and I didn't want any spirits to feel that way either.

0..0 *0*

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”