How do you know a spirit wants to be with someone?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Beckielyn wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:33 pm I read this thread when I decided to start spirit keeping and was terrified I had picked one that absolutely wouldn't wanna be with me. I actually sent in a message begging them to not send anyone who didnt like me. 😂🤷‍♀️
I wouldn't wanna be bound to someone I felt was an utter knob, and I didn't want any spirits to feel that way either.
Hopefully you're not so worried about that now?

As this key CH article says (see #9), we spirit keepers need to give ourselves some credit. Relax, take it easy and things will often go better. Worrying about the kind of thing you mention will just cause blocks.

It's also said that our bound spirit companions will usually be happy with things we're happy with and not so comfortable with things that bother us. But that's not in a critical, judgemental, 'I-don't-like-this-spirit keeper' way. It'll be in more of a supportive way, wanting to help us - if we'd like that help.

As has often been said, spirits weigh us up before they agree to be conjured as a companion for us. With modern spirit keeping conjuration methods, they match to our energy (and that includes what we're like on every level, if you ask me).

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Beckielyn
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I am absolutely not worried about that now. It was right after I placed my very first order. So, very green to the whole thing. Looking back, it was silly to feel that way. But at the time I was so worried. Lol
Lewk wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:36 pm
Beckielyn wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:33 pm I read this thread when I decided to start spirit keeping and was terrified I had picked one that absolutely wouldn't wanna be with me. I actually sent in a message begging them to not send anyone who didnt like me. 😂🤷‍♀️
I wouldn't wanna be bound to someone I felt was an utter knob, and I didn't want any spirits to feel that way either.
Hopefully you're not so worried about that now?

As this key CH article says (see #9), we spirit keepers need to give ourselves some credit. Relax, take it easy and things will often go better. Worrying about the kind of thing you mention will just cause blocks.

It's also said that our bound spirit companions will usually be happy with things we're happy with and not so comfortable with things that bother us. But that's not in a critical, judgemental, 'I-don't-like-this-spirit keeper' way. It'll be in more of a supportive way, wanting to help us - if we'd like that help.

As has often been said, spirits weigh us up before they agree to be conjured as a companion for us. With modern spirit keeping conjuration methods, they match to our energy (and that includes what we're like on every level, if you ask me).

0..0 *0*
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. Something similar happened to me. I requested a Dark Arts Spirit for my first Reverse Adoption, and I ended up.with a White Arts instead. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

VanNocturne wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:54 pm 0x. Something similar happened to me. I requested a Dark Arts Spirit for my first Reverse Adoption, and I ended up.with a White Arts instead. 0x.
That's interesting! So, a RA is a prebound spirit in their keep? And, you asked for a dark arts and got a WA? how strange. Have you had a magnet match conjure?

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

calliope56 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:47 pm
VanNocturne wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:54 pm 0x. Something similar happened to me. I requested a Dark Arts Spirit for my first Reverse Adoption, and I ended up.with a White Arts instead. 0x.
That's interesting! So, a RA is a prebound spirit in their keep? And, you asked for a dark arts and got a WA? how strange. Have you had a magnet match conjure?
0x. Thank you for asking. My first purchase from Creepy Hollows was over a year ago, and They were my first two Spirit Friends. I requested a Reverse Adoption Dark Arts, however I put in a specific request that this Spirit help me with an ongoing personal issue that I've been having for years. Magnolia told me that she thought my Sorrow Angel would be a better fit insteadd of a Dark Arts Spirit. That's how this happened. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Faolan
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote: Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 pm For a practitioner this occurs when you feel or hear the spirit calling to the person. In a custom conjuration only those who wish to be companion to the person respond. For the Keeper they will know because the spirit bonds with them.

It is important to work with a practitioner or seller you trust & you know has a good reputation in the field of Spirit Conjuration & Spirit Keeping because often it is the discretion of the practitioner to make the decision which spirit goes with which person. An experienced practitioner will make the best decision as their experience will be important in discerning the correct spirit for each Keeper.

As a Keeper when it comes to your decision in choosing a pre-bound spirit you should take into consideration the immediate reaction & gut instincts in reading or seeing the spirit. There is no substitute for the immediate, positive kinship you feel towards a spirit.
Magnolia. I wholeheartedly agree with your forum post and would like to expand on a couple of key points.

Firstly, the intuitive connection between a Keeper and a spirit is a deeply personal and often instinctive experience. It's more than just selecting a spirit; it's about feeling a mutual resonance and recognition. This bond is often felt as an immediate, positive kinship, and it's important to trust these gut instincts when choosing a pre-bound spirit. The role of an experienced practitioner in this process is invaluable. They serve not only as a conduit between the Keeper and the spirit world but also as a guide, using their expertise and intuition to ensure a harmonious match. This highlights the importance of working with someone you trust, someone who has a strong reputation in the field of Spirit Conjuration and Spirit Keeping. Their discretion and judgment in pairing spirits with Keepers is a critical aspect of this practice.

Lastly, spirit keeping is a journey of discovery and growth. Each spirit brings unique energy and lessons, contributing to the Keeper's spiritual understanding and development. The connection established in this practice is more than a mere bond; it's a pathway to deeper self-awareness and a richer understanding of the spirit world. Therefore, the journey in spirit keeping is as unique and profound as the individuals and spirits involved, marked by discovery, respect, and a profound sense of connection.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”