new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 24
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Velverosa

They don't need to, but if they want they can. Me and my partner would ask them first if they want the food we are eating and would held out for them. It'd actually pretty cool because u would feel them moving ur arms and hand to where they are standing or floating and u'd see the food move around 🤯.

Darkness lies still.

“The less power a man has, the more he likes to use it.” – J. Petit-Senn
Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

They can feed off of your life, your emotions, small day to day things, etc. Feed you your own lies, thoughts, and misconceptions as well.. It could be just to make you stronger and to grow though. Take it with your own two cents if you will haha.

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

mariana_trenchue wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:31 am They don't need to, but if they want they can. Me and my partner would ask them first if they want the food we are eating and would held out for them. It'd actually pretty cool because u would feel them moving ur arms and hand to where they are standing or floating and u'd see the food move around 🤯.
Woah this is mind blowing 🤯. When I am eating, I usually just say dig in everyone but never held out for them because I assumed they can get the food essence. I'm gonna try this next time!

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

I haven't offer food, but I usually offered wine which I disposed of in the drain after I am done. I should drink those wine since they can be expensive 🤣

mariana_trenchue
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 24
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Velverosa

Darknorth wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:37 pm
mariana_trenchue wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:31 am They don't need to, but if they want they can. Me and my partner would ask them first if they want the food we are eating and would held out for them. It'd actually pretty cool because u would feel them moving ur arms and hand to where they are standing or floating and u'd see the food move around 🤯.
Woah this is mind blowing 🤯. When I am eating, I usually just say dig in everyone but never held out for them because I assumed they can get the food essence. I'm gonna try this next time!
Yes yes it's very cool! Sometimes my partner would even ask what her friends want and then that's what she'll order for lunch haha

Darkness lies still.

“The less power a man has, the more he likes to use it.” – J. Petit-Senn
Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I actually used to leave blood out as an offering.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote: Fri May 21, 2010 11:50 pm No, they do not. They are in spirit form; therefore they are no longer in need of Earthen demands like eating, drinking, sleeping, etc.

This should not be confused with offerings; giving a spirit something as a gift of friendship.
I'm with Magnolia on this.

But it's about use of language. Yes, our spirit companions do appreciate offerings or treats, or the right gemstone etc, or 'feeding energy' from a CH Aeon Orb. Or just a sincere gesture, a note or poem. It's not a need - as eating is for us living humans.

However - as I like to point out - sincere gestures may not be the ideal offering or treat. I prefer to stick with the seller's recommendation. This may be what the spirit expects as part of their care, or at least is their favoured treat. And some spirits can actually be offended by any but one precise form of offering, offered in a precise way.

For example. Lisa of MMT's Brownies are bound so they're free to leave if dishonoured that way.

And the type of food can make a difference. For example, some bound companions prefer sweet food - so savoury food may not hit the spot. A sensible precaution can be to offer the offering 'if it is acceptable' , if we're unsure whether a spirit actually likes it.

Tl/dr:
For me, food offerings to unbound spirits may be customary in various parts of the world and may be appreciated by bound companions as a heartfelt gesture - but I do think following a seller's recommendations is important.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I don’t think they need to be fed, but I do know they greatly enjoy and appreciate food offerings. I also believe that food offerings (and really any offering such as incense smoke, energy directed towards them, objects given to them) also aid in building up their energy.

My companions will let me know when they want a specific offering and I usually find what they ask for to be what best resonates with their energy/energizes them the most.

Reading this did remind me of a funny moment though. One of my living entity companions will ask to share food whenever I eat something sweet. However every time without fail he’ll scoff and say that he doesn’t like sweets after trying it 😆

SOGARYTOS
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ziklir
Zodiac:

I'm glad I managed to stumble upon this thread. I was stressing about finding something to feed my spirits and some offerings. It's good that it's not a "have to" thing.

In shadows deep, my spirit kin,
United, strong, our hearts within.
With love we shield, with might we fend,
Together, always, to the end.

Avengers bold, our wrath untamed,
For family's sake, our spirits claimed.
Through darkest night and fiercest storm,
Protect, avenge, our spirit swarm.
venusian_entity
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mermaid
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune

What happens if someone only eats food that has been offered already? I assume the spirits absorb the spiritual essence so all that's left is the physical. Does this have any effect in the long run, to eat food that has no more spiritual essence?

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”