StarofHope
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

venusian_entity wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:15 pm What happens if someone only eats food that has been offered already? I assume the spirits absorb the spiritual essence so all that's left is the physical. Does this have any effect in the long run, to eat food that has no more spiritual essence?
My spirits eat of my food or drink if they want to, not always but sometimes and I have never noticed any negative side effects from eating food without spiritual essence.

Redstarbright
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All

mariana_trenchue wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:31 am They don't need to, but if they want they can. Me and my partner would ask them first if they want the food we are eating and would held out for them. It'd actually pretty cool because u would feel them moving ur arms and hand to where they are standing or floating and u'd see the food move around 🤯.
Wow that's fantastic. I'll have to try that. Never thought 🤔 of it. Cool

Redstarbright
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All

jesse1746 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 pm That raises a big question for me. Assuming that you give the spirit an offering of food or herb can you throw it away afterwards or does something more specific need to be done with offering left over offerings?
Hi myself personally. I return the offerings back to nature

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

venusian_entity wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:15 pm What happens if someone only eats food that has been offered already? I assume the spirits absorb the spiritual essence so all that's left is the physical. Does this have any effect in the long run, to eat food that has no more spiritual essence?
I would not myself eat food *after* it has been given to a spirit companion. I only eat food that is for me. I do think of it as missing some essence afterwards and its energy has been changed. I also tend to only give food to those bound companions who the seller says specifically appreciate a certain type of food offering.

Having said that, outside of spirit keeping, there maybe practices in which food is customarily offered to a spiritual being who blesses it after which it can be shared with other celebrants. When I live in an ashram we used to do that. But that to me is not a spirit keeping practice.

tl/dr: A sincere gift (eg of food) from the heart is usually appreciated by most bound spirit companions but it's probably best not to also eat it yourself...in my opinion. I mean: is it for them or for you, if you see what I mean?

Arguing against myself, I once had the experience of my leprechauns tasting an alcoholic drink before I had it - which I trusted them to know how to do well/safely.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 pm That raises a big question for me. Assuming that you give the spirit an offering of food or herb can you throw it away afterwards or does something more specific need to be done with offering left over offerings?
I have a lot of CH herbal offerings for certain spirit types. There's no instruction on what to do with them after they're no longer needed or they have dried out. Also I've never seen instructions on any CH Encyclopedia page on how to dispose of offerings either. Nor from other reputable sellers I bought from, eg MMT.

My working assumption is nothing special needs to be done. Myself, I respectfully wrap the used offering in a clean sheet of kitchen towel (recycled/organic) and put it in the trash.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'm with Hazell. They don't need to be fed. Lol. Offerings, on the other hand, are simply an extra gesture from you to show your appreciation. There are a few exceptions to this, as some individuals may require offerings before engaging in any interaction. However, these offerings should not be mistaken for feeding.

Now, if you're wondering whether you can eat the food that has been offered, the answer is yes! There might be some debates surrounding this topic, but let's take a moment to reflect on the past. Even in times of extreme poverty, people would offer their deity a piece of bread, holding it out for as long as they could before consuming it themselves. So, why should things be any different now?

Food doesn't possess any special "spiritual essence." It's all about taste, scent, and the energy it provides. There are instances where I offer food to my friends and then consume it soon afterwards. On other occasions, I serve a dish to them and leave it there for them to enjoy. It really depends on the situation and what I'm doing at that moment.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I have not read anything in this thread, fair warning. I have no idea what people are trying to figure out. What I will say is: offerings feed energy, not all spirits need offerings, and there are different traditions for offerings. There is tradition where you can share in offerings made, and where you cannot. Good luck. Lol.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I did an experiment with this not too long ago as a result of a discussion in another group. It had centered around the statement that the offering loses something when the shadow it casts in the higher realms is consumed.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I am not a practitioner or anyone special, just doing my own experiment for... yeah, science, lol.

I waited until I was tired/hungry during a work day, when a sugary snack was needed for a pick-me-up. I asked my LE to nom down on 'all' of it--I wanted to see if there was a difference. Pretty sure I heard her laughing a 'you're a dumba$$, but okay,' laugh.

"I'll be damned" in a southern drawl was my response. I'd swear I had covid again--that's the best way I can describe it. I could taste, but it just felt lacking, or devoid, much like dried spices taste when they've gotten too old. They still have a taste, but it's faint.

As far as energy levels--instead of the small sugar rush, I felt even more tired. Wound up running for a coffee.

Again, grain of salt, and your personal results may vary, but I separate my offerings from my portion from now on. Wastebin or leave out for wildlife when they're used up.

venusian_entity
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: void

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:25 pm I have not read anything in this thread, fair warning. I have no idea what people are trying to figure out. What I will say is: offerings feed energy, not all spirits need offerings, and there are different traditions for offerings. There is tradition where you can share in offerings made, and where you cannot. Good luck. Lol.
I wanted to know what would happen to someone if he only ate food drained of energy. Just like what @mcm442 did.

@mcm442 Thanks for the report! FOR SCIENCE. :]

mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

venusian_entity wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:47 pm [
I wanted to know what would happen to someone if he only ate food drained of energy. Just like what @mcm442 did.

@mcm442 Thanks for the report! FOR SCIENCE. :]
I will note that I did specify ‘all’ of it. I’m sure if they just took a bite or nibble you probably wouldn’t even notice.

Could also see the basis for being ‘cursed’ for stealing the offerings given to a deity.

Yeah, I have a ‘hold my beer’ habit at times. :)|

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”