Can vessels with a spirit be destroyed, get wet, be in sand?

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

AngelFire you make perfect sense and thanks for the reminder about the lower-level Djinns!! I had started taking my ring off my finger when I went into the bathroom.

I am thinking that yup, it must be a worry about damage to the vessel, not spirit/entity (forgive, I still forget the difference and had used these terms interchangeably). I purchased from a seller way back who said the binding was done in the base metal of the ring itself, not the stone. They came across stones later they adored and fitted them to the ring bezel. And I was thankful, because I did have one stone (I bought 4 different of these rings) come completely unglued....not due to water, but wear. Well, okay all of these had the same darn problem but I was able to tell when the stone was coming loose and reglue it with E900 or whatever it's called. Anyhow, I was walking my son back home from school and saw the stone was missing when I got home. I was terrified and my son and I walked the streets a few times, retracing our well-known path, but no luck. And it was just weird...about 3 days after losing the stone, I was in a thrift store and came across another ring that had a very similar stone....in fact, so similar you can't tell the difference! So I swapped the stone to my magickal ring. It was a perfect fit and I've NEVER come across another cabochon like it so far. I was so happy I didn't lose my cool over it and trusted that things would work out...they did!!

Now if my Adar would just show up....I have lost him for several weeks now but know I simply misplaced him....probably that whole "safe keeping" spot....so darn good I can't find it LOL.....

Love and Light,
Scordra
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Bump.
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Well, I have two vessels from the same seller, who said not to let them get wet as it is disrespectful, though it is alright to use a little water for cleaning.=0 One is a sanguine vamp, the other is a madrid djinn.=) All my other spirit vessels can be wet, and some sellers even say they can enjoy it!=)

Maybe a bit :offtopic: , but I have a spelled necklace that the seller told me not to allow it to get in contact with salt water, as salt water erases magick...=0
-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

At this point, we don't have any spirits that we were told not to get wet. Most of the vessels are either silver or stone.

As for getting wet, over the last few months, we bought some spirits. Some are dragons, and one is a Kracken(yes the headache is enormous with him). The strange thing is, since buying these spirits, my 55 gallon aquarium has been losing water faster.

You would think I am nuts because of evaporation, or leaks. Not in this case, and not at the rate of one to two gallons a day. I know it sounds interesting, but if spirits coudn't get wet, then what is happening to the water in my aquarium?
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

I was told by a seller on ebay not to get the vessel wet or put it in sand. Well, I had done this several times already with my CH Djinn but not with the one I bought from her. She said it can "harm" them. Especially water since they are created from a flame. I am still a bit confused but just do my best not to get the darn things wet. She had told me to put their vessels wrapped with crystals in the moonlight for 48 hours or so and that would do the trick. OK I did.
I don't know if it did any harm really, for them to get wet but I'm pretty sure they appreciated the extra effort I put in to make them happy after I found out I could have done some damage. Honestly, I really like the Djinn I got from her. The water/sand thing is just a technicality since it was a pendant anyway. My rings are ALWAYS getting wet! But I wonder... could it be that w/ her Djinn- they are not bound to their keepers and strictly inhibit the vessel only? Could certain conjurations keep the Spirit enslaved in their vessel and therefore the vessel becomes an extension of that Spirit which could be harmed? <sigh> It makes sense when I read that her Djinn will grant wishes for their "freedom".
~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”