Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

This is a really interesting conversation.

I have mostly living entities in my keep of over 20 beings, a small minority may be spirits. I will know more in comparison with the 4 spirits that are currently in transit to me from CH. Why would I want to work with living entities? Why wouldn't I, it's been great. They have a life, and so do I. They have a reason for being in my life, and in a way, it enhances their own. Like one of my djinn tells me it's a pleasure and his sacred duty to serve me as a protector and guide, this djinn is almost angelic.

I have worked with and still work with a necromanced spirit of a being who was once physical on earth, who is so intensely powerful in the afterlife, that it's dangerous to work with him and can be lethal or cause mental damage. So I would debate the idea that it's safer to work with spirits that have passed on, or that they don't have an agenda. Beings such as the one I know have a very definite agenda after having shed their physical bodies and are very dangerous to work with. I'm not talking about anything malevolent, this is a noble being, who can be compared to an Immortal, and who has far-reaching benevolent intentions.

I know a few practitioners, and like Lisa, they only work with living entities. These are professionals who hadn't even heard of a distinction like CH makes. Though if they are conjuring up vampires as spirits of vampires that once lived on Earth, they are working with spirits in the same sense as CH, but other beings that they work with that don't have common physical existences, such as djinn, and dragons, are all of the living type.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

bumping

Samaphira
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 13
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn/dragon/angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Samaphira/Desrial/Astral Eye
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote:If a WA or DA spirit cannot be forcibly bound. Can they be "tricked" into being bound?

Yes, and it is normaly done by the most malicious and irresponsible. and those with enough power can forcibly bind a spirit. I have seen this. It was a Djinn, not very strong but it was still horrendous to watch, The screams still haunt me.

Blessed be
::gargoyle::
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Samaphira wrote:
Ellegria* wrote:If a WA or DA spirit cannot be forcibly bound. Can they be "tricked" into being bound?

Yes, and it is normaly done by the most malicious and irresponsible. and those with enough power can forcibly bind a spirit. I have seen this. It was a Djinn, not very strong but it was still horrendous to watch, The screams still haunt me.
My question was rhetorical...as the conversation that took place in this thread was carried over from another thread. I was asking to get clarification from Magnolia or knowledgeable elders for a person who believed his spirit had been "tricked" into being bound. I did not believe it was possible and still do not, based on Magnolia's own words, except in very specific and rare circumstances.

Please read through this thread, particularly the information from Magnolia regarding binding BA spirits/entities and what it would entail. I agree, that on the surface of your comment, someone who is malicious and irresponsible would do such a thing and yes...it would take someone with great power to forcibly bind a spirit.

I am not certain what you saw or heard. But again...just wanting to clarify for those reading your post to please go back in THIS THREAD and read what Magnolia has said about this as it is very uncommon and happens only with BA spirits by a BA practitioner.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have seen spirits and communicated with them since I could remember, so seeing the reaction to this thread really startled me.

I would imagine that binding spirits would take time, practice, patience, and lots of skill. What I don;t understand is why some BA practitioners would risk their lives, and their being for the sake of forcibly binding for mere money.

That would not be enoough to motivate me if I were a practitioner. I love my spirits too much.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

::bump::

brontegrey
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal, Greek
If I could be anything, I would be...: probably a pegasus
My magical/paranormal name...: n/a

dilvsy wrote:::bump::
Thank you for bumping this - I was trying to find it! :thumbup:

Blessed to be sharing my life with: 3 angels, 1 Pegasus, 1 chupacabra, 1 encantado, 1 cambion, and quite a few Immortals.
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

brontegrey wrote:
dilvsy wrote:::bump::
Thank you for bumping this - I was trying to find it! :thumbup:
no problem! i think people really need to re-read this whole post, and the comments.
VERY IMPORTANT!
:hug:

TheFancifulFox
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 250
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Fox
Zodiac:

I just finished reading through the whole thing, and there is a lot of interesting information here, among the little squabbles, lol.

So, as a general rule, us humans are far too, well, limited I suppose would be the correct word, to cause any harm or discomfort to a spirit. That is very reassuring and wonderful to hear. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. Besides, as stated, only the worst of the worst BA masters would be capable of it and they would never be interested in any of the spirits in my keep, LOL. The mental imagery of a big bad BA master chasing around a spirit of the not-so-powerful but very fluffy variety is hilarious.

However, I do have a question. I think I may know the answer, but I really want to hear from someone who knows the answer without a shadow of a doubt. Can a malicious entity harm a spirit? For instance, Someone is out minding their own business, maybe crawling around in an ancient castle or something, and some demon decides "Hey, I think I'm going to go make that person's life miserable and/or hurt them. Oh, look, there are spirits hanging around them. Let's hurt them too, I'd love a good appetizer of arkan sonney before I chow down on human." (Pardon the sarcasm and my sorry attempt at humor! I'm just trying to give a simple example and lighten the mood of this thread.)

I ask this because I read a thread on here where someone had the misfortune of being attacked by a malicious entity and one of her spirits was caught in the crossfire. He came out alright, but she said he had been harmed (obviously not in the physical sense because he's a spirit).

The foolish hurry. The smart wait. The wise go into the garden.

Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Not sure if this has been asked before but I've heard a few times that people had used the capture stone to capture evil/bothersome unbounds, of course it makes sense that those unbounds WOULDN'T want to be captured and yet they are so isn't that capturing them against their will? Maybe I'm missing something since I haven't read much about capture stones, eh...sorry.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”