If you have spirits does it attract more spirits?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

No. The only spirits who will come to you are those looking to share time with you. Unbound spirits are not uncommon and their presence amongst humans is a regular occurrence whether the person believes in spirits or not. They move & exist just as we do and coming into contact with an unbound is a certainty for every human being on Earth. Welcoming spirits into your home doesn’t make you any more or less susceptible to other spirits.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
GeenaCurls
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 65
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

What about things like Fae? I really feel like there are more Fae around me now than there were prior to me getting bound to a few Fae..or maybe they were around before and I didn't know. I also see Fae in other places now. Are Fae just creatures that live in another realm that I can now see sometimes, but the Fae I am bound with our ascended Fae or something?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Fae are entities who tend to live in colonies or groups so it is not unusual for people who've never considered Fae before to see groups of them when they do open their minds & eyes. Fae live in all kinds of foliage here on Earth so the more abundant the foliage around you the more likely you are to see Fae.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Bump.

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

what we need to do is have all of these posts by magnolia and ash stickied so they are at the top so new people and old people can check them out.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

sadlotus79 wrote:what we need to do is have all of these posts by magnolia and ash stickied so they are at the top so new people and old people can check them out.
Good idea Lotus. But I think it needs to go one better...Gather them all up in one place somehow and when ANYONE applies for membership to the forum, send them the link and tell them it is "required reading." Maybe no test will be involved (I dunno...maybe there should be before giving tenureship). But at least try and start them off in the right direction. For me personally there are so many thing "stickied" and such, that even that can get overwhelming at times.

AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote:Gather them all up in one place somehow and when ANYONE applies for membership to the forum, send them the link and tell them it is "required reading

I think this is a really great idea Ellegria, and stress to them that they benefit so much more in developing their relationships with their spirit family by starting with a baseline of some sort. I think anything further than that (like a test of some sort) is sort of pushing the limits bc who wants to feel like they are being tested in an environment that is a lifestyle by choice(although I personally like the test idea but most people think I'm a dork. ahha).

cheerz!
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote: Good idea Lotus. But I think it needs to go one better...Gather them all up in one place somehow and when ANYONE applies for membership to the forum, send them the link and tell them it is "required reading." Maybe no test will be involved (I dunno...maybe there should be before giving tenureship). But at least try and start them off in the right direction. For me personally there are so many thing "stickied" and such, that even that can get overwhelming at times.
I absolutely agree. These that I bumped (and there are more like this, I only bumped what I thought was relevant at the moment), were created to answer questions and guide people in the right direction when it comes to spirit-keeping, but they were so easily buried.. most were right to the bottom on the very last pages of this section.
They will become buried again, because these are not threads to respond to necessarily (unless one has questions on the subject/needs further clarification) but to read to gain knowledge. These sort of threads need to be compiled somewhere that they won't be ignored or in a way that spirit-keepers will be directed to them sooner rather than later, like with what you are suggesting.
It's tedious to have to bump these kind of threads often enough to be helpful (so many new members coming in, and going through threads at a near rapid-pace some days) - and I really don't mind doing it, but perhaps there is an easier way to bring attention to these effectively.

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I think it's a great idea, too. I know I would have liked to have seen them in the very beginning. Kind of a concrete foundation to start the learning process, then you at least have an idea on how you want to consider searching to expand your knowledge. I think I only knew these existed several weeks into it, once they were bumped. I know you can't make people read, but if they were all together in one obvious place, at least those who *want* to start their journey out a little more informed will have the opportunity without having to try to piecemeal it together as much. The encyclopedia is fantastic, but it is much more generalized than what has been posted in here.

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

On the topic of spirits attracting spirits, I don't think that is the case. I think more along the line of the fact that we are trying really hard to communicate with the spirits in our keep, that we start to notice the others that around us. Things we might have missed or not paid attention, are suddenly in our field of vision.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”