What are White Arts, Dark Arts, & Black Arts?

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:And yet, no one can define Dark Arts without talking about causing harm. I guess people who tend to favor White Arts emphasize the harm in Dark Arts and people who like Dark Arts emphasize the aspect of choice.
I was once purely white arts and right hand path and even then, I wouldn't have agreed with you. It simply isn't accurate to say that the defining characteristic of dark arts is that there is harm as a constant.. the defining characteristic is the entity's ability to DECIDE... white arts spirits do not have the ability to DECIDE, there is no free will.. same with black arts, that simply only do HARM. I feel you are looking at this from a biased perspective, which is fine, as we all carry our biases along on this journey, but if we are talking from a purely intellectual, neutral angle, the emphasis is CHOICE.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

That's just it. I don't share the usual beliefs about free will. It isn't that I have different beliefs about it, so much as that I don't have beliefs about free will. I can easily imagine an Angel choosing a course of action, or a human being locked in a course of action and unable to choose.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:That's just it. I don't share the usual beliefs about free will. It isn't that I have different beliefs about it, so much as that I don't have beliefs about free will. I can easily imagine an Angel choosing a course of action, or a human being locked in a course of action and unable to choose.

Hmm I find this very interesting... I would be curious to hear more about your thoughts on free will... as it seems to impact your processing of WA/DA/BA. You should start a separate thread (so we do not derail this one) where we can discuss the topic further. :mrgreen:

Texas Mexican
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Demon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I'd just like to add what i feel about DA, WA i think that they both do have free will it just depends on the spirit we all have choices just look at all the Fallen Angels, Nephilim etc... now when it comes to DA i believe that they are full of love & companionship but at the same time they do also have their fair share of bad ones, just look at us humans we are way darker if not BA than what some people make DA appear, just like religion & Demons, in my experience demons are nothing like what hollywood & religion make them out to believe & i consider demons DA cause there are plenty of other spirits/entities that when compared to DA they are like puppies :lol: . just to keep me from posting pages upon pages of this topic i say that if you'r strictly WA or DA or even BA just always keep a open mind & dont discriminate against a class cause who knows a demon might just save your like one day. right?? i also plan on getting a demon or 2 in the near future as im working my way down from the darkness scale.

ps: hope im making sense right now since im in a hurry :lol:
pss: ok one more thing :lol: i also just bought a CH angel a few days ago so that i can keep some sort of balance which to me is very important cant have darkness without light & vice versa...
there i said my peace!

My Family:
My Females:
S.J- Marid Djinn, S- Succubus, T- High Elf, S- Hybrid Dragon, R- Black Dragon (My Spirit Guide), A- Bronwyn Angel
valhalla
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: all
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Nice

if i buy spirit white art and black art, do they clash?

Sandeur
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Marth
Zodiac:

Why would you want an dark/black spirit if they only will do bad things to you or others?

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

bump

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Karolina-KiKi
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know
Zodiac:

DA are nothing to worry about most of the time (set down good house rules and you're good). BA is strictly bad, or some people might refer to the darkest of DA black. But true BA is very bad and no one should keep them, no matter how experienced you think you may be.

DA on CH is quite safe from what I hear. I think even the werewolves are more cuddly on here XD hahaha!

Hoped this helped clarify some things to you!

sweetqt72
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I am a newbie, and don't know much about the different arts.

I am trying to stick to white arts as a newbie. I did notice some dark arts conjurations have warnings and I am a bit confused. Some note that there could be an adjustment period, ie nightmares or depression particularly for inexperienced. So I think it would be better to just stick to white arts certainly as I am new to this.

Now I saw some bindings for some immortals, the Greek immortals 20 immortals vessel, and they did not come with any warnings. But now I realize they are listed as grey.

So I am confused. If its not listed under the 'Dark Art's' moniker and there is no warning, will I have any side effects? I need to know because I bought it lol.
Is this because of it being...lighter grey?
thanks
just a confused newbie

Magic name is Rhiannon
Currently: Faeries (many),
on the way: Bronwyn, Divine and Sterling angels, male nympho, more faeries, sra gnome.Cleopatra djinn, Greek god bindings, and many spells...and will be buying more angels.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Okay, dark arts means that they can choose to do harm, most will not with out good reason too. As or the warnings tend to have stronger energy, or be on the darker end of the spectrum. That being said there is always a need to adjust to energy you aren't used to, and depending on how sensitive to energy you are will determine how affected by the energy you are. The effects can range from a minor headache, to some light nausea, to mood swings, to feeling ill on the darker end of the spectrum.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion you have, the effects I listed are but an example based on what I've heard of people experiencing.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”