Can spirits make you twitch, move, or be paralyzed?

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

Hi, i know this is a somewhat old thread but just to add my 2cents.

Paralysis (hypnogagia), hearing voices or seeing sights (hypnagogic hallucinations) when one is just about to fall asleep could be due to changes in our brain waves as our bodies enter stage 1 of sleep. Random twitching of limbs could also be due to random nerve impulses fired during this process, or could be due to Restless Legs syndrome. Sudden, throbbing headaches without cease could be a sign of a mild stroke, a brain tumor, or other neurological issues.

Not wanting to be a wet blanket for everyone, but just want to say that sometimes what happens to our bodies could simply be just our bodies doing their own thing or being sick or injured.

I don't doubt that the spirits' energies could affect our physical selves too, but for health's sake it may be more prudent to rule out medical issues first, before attributing sudden, new physical sensations to spirits.

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Vanyawen wrote:Hi, i know this is a somewhat old thread but just to add my 2cents.

Paralysis (hypnogagia), hearing voices or seeing sights (hypnagogic hallucinations) when one is just about to fall asleep could be due to changes in our brain waves as our bodies enter stage 1 of sleep. Random twitching of limbs could also be due to random nerve impulses fired during this process, or could be due to Restless Legs syndrome. Sudden, throbbing headaches without cease could be a sign of a mild stroke, a brain tumor, or other neurological issues.

Not wanting to be a wet blanket for everyone, but just want to say that sometimes what happens to our bodies could simply be just our bodies doing their own thing or being sick or injured.

I don't doubt that the spirits' energies could affect our physical selves too, but for health's sake it may be more prudent to rule out medical issues first, before attributing sudden, new physical sensations to spirits.
Agreed! It should definitely make us more aware of what's going in our bodies before we get too excited.

ImageImageImageImageImage
noctuavenatora
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Owl

I just felt headaches, tired, and a little dizzy.

*I am blessed to have my spirits*
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

bumpity bump :silly: ::bump::

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
brolasta
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 53
If I could be anything, I would be...: Slayer
Zodiac:

I don't know if it was from a servitor or spirit but indeed I have felt a strong muscle spasm, very electrical... It was pretty weird since I was meditating LOL I just saw a bright white spot in the corner of my left eye... that time I also saw a bright white light (bigger), if it wanted my attention I think it would have been a better idea if it presented itself in my meditation.

Anyways.... I was gonna say that maybe it wasn't necessarily a spirit since somehow I have broken some glasses, one time while holding one and another time when I was very stressed... But I guess that recent white light at the corner of my eye was trying to convey: "not even close"

NightSkies
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Menara
Zodiac:

I believe so. I think there is a spirit or entity or something in my home. I often see like this aura, and it's in constant movement. Sometimes, I feel a gust of air blow at me, and there is no windows open or fans on around me. So I don't know where this air comes from. Then there is the eye twitch. My eye often twitches at random, nothing in it, and it's not the air. Because, the air and eye twitch happen at different times. It happened today. ::new::

Goddess of Life, Light, Love, and Rewards. Wife of Death, Darkness, Anger, and Punishments.

NightSkies Daydream Corner, located in the Dream/Dream Interpretation Section.
valhalla
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: all
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Nice

nice inpo madam

EchoTweak
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Harpy
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tweak
Zodiac:

I don't rightly know the capabilities of many entities, not even the full extent of the ones I work with daily--and the one's I try and work with. I have only felt a "paralyzed" feeling twice, once was with the first time I had ever bound a spirit to me. ((DA)). It was a very intense feeling, I felt pinned to my bed for about 12 seconds or so--probably less in reality,but to me it felt long because I didn't know what was going on. BUT it was not a bad feeling, it was not a helpless feeling..it was a feeling that I think would be that devine-touched-by-an-angel-type of feeling. ((Definitely not an angel though.)) It felt like i was outside laying in the sun in summer time--and someone was pouring a large stream of cool water over me. Looking back on it now,maybe I was not even paralyzed,maybe I just enjoyed the feeling so much I didn't chance moving..immediately after that,i broke into a night sweat. I'm convinced it was just the overwhelming feeling of raw DA energy and that initial connection to an entity mixing with my own energies. The next morning I had an email describing the DA's name and saying their vessel was on its way to me from CH. I suppose she just wanted to introduce herself ASAP before her vessel came here..but she has been the only one to instantly connect with me like that. I have connections with other entities, but it took so much more effort. Other than that, I feel a light cooling sensation in the center of my chest when any of my entities are trying to communicate with me, or if they are just really close to me at the time. Its like a tiny,tiny,tiny, version of the initial bonding feeling I had with my first DA.
Or almost the same feeling I had when I had a master service done,the same soothing-but-chilly feeling in my chest. I have had muscle twitches sometimes from being touched,because one of my DA used to find amusement in our bonding phase because she would touch my toes while i was sleeping and i would freak out for a second..or knock on my door from inside my room. She's knocked off the toe grabbing, but still knocks on my door sometimes from the inside. I hope this helps someone out there, or at least seems similar to someone else's experiences. I'm new to the CH forums but I am a practitioner striving to learn more. I'd like to be more than a novice some day. ^_^

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

::bump::

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
para-engineer
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Creator
My magical/paranormal name...: Zacharias HexHammer

I would say so, and It seems to be relative to your own innate resistance to outside spiritual forces. I seem to be pretty resistant, and have been able to meditate by laying down on my back and going into a trance state and then de-paralyzing myself with will and effort. That's only if I feel the need to act, mostly if something feels hostile or if I have to do something like get out of bed to use the restroom. Since I've had my Bronwyn I've been getting random muscle spasms around my legs. I think that's because my legs are the only place I can sense energy.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”