What should I do with my spirits while I am on vacation?

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

darn, edit button is missing..- correction:"what I was"..-etc ;)

Greetings,Tasha
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:
edsphinx wrote:If they are Bridged to you the limit range if you have a C5 T3 vessel will be 5,000 miles, right?

Or is the bridge some kind of "link" that allow contact even if you are in the other side of the world?
The 5000 miles thing is only for spelled items. Your spirits don't "live" in their vessel.they are free to come and go as they please. If you go on vacation they won't be moping around your house waiting for your return - they can accompany you if you want, or not. I kind of like to think of my vessels as cell phones, if that makes sense. I use them to contact my friends, if I don't feel them around, just like I would use a phone to call someone and invite them over. If we go somewhere together, I don't need the "phone" so I can leave it at home. Of course, I do wear my jewelry vessels, specifically my Djinn and my dragon all the time. They are easier to keep track of for me that way.
There are probably other opinions, so take mine as just a different way of looking at it. It seems to work well for me like this :)
Thank you Cheese Sandwitch that sound logical to me also, is an interesting way to see it.

Selqetkitty wrote:
edsphinx wrote:If they are Bridged to you the limit range if you have a C5 T3 vessel will be 5,000 miles, right?

Or is the bridge some kind of "link" that allow contact even if you are in the other side of the world?
When my spirits were conjured, they were conjured somewhere in Florida, I believe... I live in Missouri, which is more than 100 miles away, and my spirits, with few exceptions, were C3, because I have a recapture tray.

The moment they were conjured, LONG before their vessels arrived, I felt their presence. My gold dragon actually wrapped himself around my arm to let me know he was there.

When they're bridged to you, wherever their vessel is doesn't matter... think of it a little like this... they have a bond with the vessel for when/if they get tired, sort of a touchstone they can rest in to recharge or get away for a little personal time. It's also a map that allows them to find their way back to us from whereever they go when they're not here... like if they go to their astral places.

But bridging makes US the touchstone, too. They can ALWAYS find us... they have a bond with us, so that no matter where the vessel is, no matter what category their binding to the vessel, no matter what distances might be involved, they can and WILL be here for us if/when we need/want them, or even just if they want to hang out.

You can go on vacation and leave your vessels behind, but your spirits may choose to come with you anyway.

The only issue I see is if you leave your vessels in the charging boxes. I don't know about the lairs etc., but the ::ch:: all in one charging boxes at least (don't know about other sellers' charging boxes, having only ever purchased from ::ch:: ) seem to... contain the spirit while the vessel is being recharged. I'm not sure why this is... I've looked over the spell they use to create their binding boxes, and I can't figure out what in the spell would make it act like a containment spell once you put the lid on...

However, if you leave the vessels in the boxes but leave the lids off, your spirits will have pleanty of energy and still be able to follow you anywhere through the bridge they have with you.

Hope this helps ease the confusion...
Brightest blessings..
Selqet
Selqetkitty also help me to realize more about that, will get a box from here also, I want to make some test about what you say.

-arianna- wrote:Personally, I've never had any problems communicating with one of my spirits when I'm on a trip and I don't have the vessel with me. This applies even to the spirits that are not bridged to me (although I think the ones that are bridged can find me more quickly, but so do the ones that are not bridged but I've had long enough to have a more solid connection with them). For me at least there are no negative effects if I leave the vessels in their charging bags/boxes.
-arianna- I don't think have same level of connection that you, because actually I just starting with my spiritual journey and the only spirit that I have now a Psy Vampire that doing my best to get a strong bonding but can even see her face or anything yet, feel her presence but nothing visual yet, hope one day have have a solid connection like yours.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
valhalla
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: all
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Nice

how about bring them vacation?
wheter the power is growing up?? :D

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

The 5000 miles thing is only for spelled items. Your spirits don't "live" in their vessel.they are free to come and go as they please. If you go on vacation they won't be moping around your house waiting for your return - they can accompany you if you want, or not. I kind of like to think of my vessels as cell phones, if that makes sense. I use them to contact my friends, if I don't feel them around, just like I would use a phone to call someone and invite them over. If we go somewhere together, I don't need the "phone" so I can leave it at home. Of course, I do wear my jewelry vessels, specifically my Djinn and my dragon all the time. They are easier to keep track of for me that way.
There are probably other opinions, so take mine as just a different way of looking at it. It seems to work well for me like this :)
That makes a lot of sense.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
I am in a mini trip outside my hometown, so I asked my keeps to see the new city with me, in my mind, that is. Everyone needs a vacay, lol.

Selsee
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: Woodland faey
My magical/paranormal name...: Sierra

A vacation could be a good time to give your spirits a break! They might like to explore with you. You can ask whether or not they would like to come with tou

aabarria
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Were Kitten
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hell Cat
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

How much trouble can spirits get to on a vacation? (seriously) If we are going somewhere I want to have fun and for them to enjoy themselves. We all enjoy walks together. I do know that some people will see them because they have the sight, small children, and people who have been drinking. Should I work out holiday rules? Is it safe for me to have a drink? What about ceremonies with a psychic boost.

Am I overthinking this? I've had a complaint that I was turning into a lawyer.

Even if I am not on vacation, I want to take them to the beach, parks, friends houses, parties, so on. Shopping is their choice.

Spirit Family:
Were Kitten
Gargoyle
Violet Flame Healer
Hell Cat
Arkan Sonney
Ancient Bat
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

I'm not even able to leave my friends behind when I go to the store lol. They don't need me to bring them along for a five minute run.
You have to trust that your house won't be in complete shambles when you return from vacation. Your spirits might go on their own vacation or pop in from time to time to check in.

I don't see why you couldn't have a few drinks. Some spirits might actually join in. Alcohol, in my experience, doesn't affect them like alcohol affects me.

If you're out at a friend's house, out to eat, or anything like that, and have cloaking spells, no one should be able to see your spirit (s). My nursery spirits will come with me because I don't to task babysitting. I just ordered protection bags so I know they will be safe while I am away from the house.

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. I'm going away on holiday soon, and am taking my Spirit Friend's vessels with me. I think they'll appreciate where we're going! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”