Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Paranormal collecting is a wide-spread phenomena. A global source of enjoyment you can find collectors in nearly every country. Parnormal collectors and well as paranormal collecting is varied greatly. There are paranormal collectors who specialize in one aspect of paranormal energy whereas others are open in their collecting choices. Paranormal collecting includes:

- objects that exhibit paranormal energy or manifestations
- Spirit Keeping of various spirit races including humans, creatures, and entities of the White Arts & Dark Arts
- magickals, & spellcasted vessels

Collectors may have one or a mixture of all in the collection. It is up to each collector to decide what path is best for them. Paranormal collecting transcends age, race, religion, culture, and more. Here at Creepy Hollows we have members in over 75 countries of different backgrounds entirely. It is an activity that brings people together despite their religious subscription, age, and culture. Paranormal collecting can be enjoyed by anyone and it creates a ground of appreciation not only in other collectors but in the paranormal treasures you are bringing home to complement your life.

Paranormal collecting should be something done to complement the life you lead. Your treasures should add to your life, provide you assistance where applicable, contribute to the energy in your home, and give you something that you cannot achieve anywhere else; paranormal energy.

You can find paranormal artifacts in places like Creepy Hollows, as well as other reputable, online dealers, and in your own, local communities! If you are looking for a paranormal artifact that is not inhabited by a spirit or a spell you can set out on an adventure of your own to hunt them down in your local area, or abroad!

FINDING PARANORMAL TREASURES NOT INHABITED BY SPIRIT OR SPELL... JUST ENERGY!

Where to look?

The best places to find paranormal artifacts is in:

- antique stores
- estate sales
- flea markets
- used book stores

We strongly recommend that you do not advertise to the people who are running the venues that you are interested in finding a paranormal artifact for multiple reasons: someone unscrupulous will try to sell you something not genuine, they may offer you their best advice which may not be conducive to your mission, and sometimes it can create a nervous tension as some do not believe in the paranormal.

Instead it is best to sweep through the entire store and adjust to the store's atmosphere, then go back through a second time more slowly allowing any items to jump out to you & attract your attention. Those are the objects you'll want to spend more time with.

What should I be looking for?

For beginners in collecting we recommend that you start with artifacts known to frequently be haunted by paranormal activity. Typically these items possess a great energy patina that provides a positive energy level allowing you to acclimate to the paranormal energy without being overwhelmed. These artifacts are:

- vintage or antique telephones
- vintage or antique doorknobs
- mourning jewelry made from hair
- vintage or antique photographs & tin types

By vintage we mean 40+ years old, and by antique we mean 100+ years old. These recommended artifacts are all personal items and in the case of the telephones and doorknobs these are items used every day by multiple sources over a period of years and they build energy in layers allowing for a great energy patina to form and there to be a vast window of experiences. These are all typically neutral energy meaning they are neither good or bad as they can have no intention whatsoever. It is just paranormal energy and therefore something exceptionally out of the ordinary for most people. If you want to understand the difference between an item haunted by paranormal energy rather than a spirit or "ghost" please read our article http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... lines.html

What do I do once I have it?

Once you have a chosen a paranormal artifact(s) you will want to incorporate it into your life as seamlessly as possible. If you bought a doorknob you can choose to install & use it on a door in your home or you can place it as a decoration somewhere in your home. The energy from the item will emit within your home and you will adjust yourself to the energy experiencing the varying levels of "haunting" as given by the item. It ranges typically from temperature changes, or, manifestations of mist, haze, fog, light streaks, or orbs. With something like the telephone you may be able to hear "ghost" voices through the receiver of conversations over that phone long past, hear "ghost" ringing, and experience the temperature changes around it or the manifestations of haze or fog. In the case of the photographs or the mourning jewelry you may feel more of a connection to the people related to the objects; sense something from them, have an energy kinship with them, and if you place near your bed you may have dreams of them during your sleep cycle.

How do I know it's real?

This is something you will need to use gut instinct for. I realize you would prefer a concrete answer but when it comes to the paranormal what you respond to may or may not be something someone else responds to. We recommend the artifacts above because they are known to be typical examples of paranormal energy and most of the time those artifacts contain paranormal energy because of their use and/or their method of creation. If you walk into an antique store and you see a piece of antique jewelry, or a vintage, child's toy that leaps out to you immediately then you should heed that connection as a gut instinct. Paranormal collectors will often tell you they feel an item belongs to them and when they enter the room it is all they see out of the sea of other things. Once they hold the artifact and bring it home they begin to feel the totality of the artifact's significance. Paranormal energy can manifest itself the moment you touch the object or begin a process of exposing itself over time. Typically you will feel something the moment you touch the artifact and after bringing it home you will see the energy grow & share itself with you over time. Many collectors find a personal kinship with the object.

Why collect the paranormal?

Most collectors do so to complement their life. They want to add that extra something you cannot get anywhere else to their life and enjoy the rewards of having something beyond explanation with them. For most they find the objects they are drawn to are special to them one way or another and in discovering the past life of the object their initial gut instinct to collect it is confirmed. For example, we have a Knights Templar hat from an order more than 80 years ago. We found the hat in Florida, but the order was actually from New York (where we are) and not far from where we live. When we researched the history of the hat we found it came from our home state and it was affirmation that we had made the right choice in choosing to bring the hat home after experiencing an initial connection with it.

How far you go on your paranormal journey is up to you. Over the last 3 years paranormal collecting has exploded into a special community all its own and we've been extremely blessed to be a large part of keeping the paranormal community open & informative for anyone who wishes to join paranormal collecting.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
light_cc80
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: lightz
Zodiac:

Great Guidelines!! Thanks Mag.. :thumbup:

WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sethunya
Zodiac:

Magnolia, thanks for posting this, it's a fascinating read. I have not thought so much about it before but I visit lots of antique fairs, boot sales, charity shops and I don't buy a lot of antiques but I have several pieces that really got my attention. I tend to like 1920's stuff and some victorian pieces. We have often had spirit or paranormal activity around us and I have usually put this down to my daughter who 'attracts' spirits a fair bit but since she moved out I still have days when I sense an energy or a presence and this made me think about it being from the items I have around me. I have never thought about them that way before. I will definately start to spend more time meditating with these items to see what I can pick up now. A couple of the pieces I have, I have always felt were a bit spooky and others have said so too but for some reason I just could never get rid of them. Wierd.

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

As a lover of antiques, I can say that I am truly drawn by the energy of many of the pieces I own. Perhaps I have been paranormal collecting all this time without really knowing it....lol. I do try to only collect things that I will use...like my bedroom set and my depression glass. And I think it gets really interesting when I start to consider the stories behind all these pieces.

Great information...makes me want to go antiquing!

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
A_NEW_GOLDEN_DAWN
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I am an antiques dealer and have been for many years. I used to own an auction gallery and give estate appraisals.
I'm very sensitive to spiritual or energetic emanations and have found many powerful pieces in other shops, at estate sales and at flea markets as we call them here on the West Coast USA. In fact the best pieces I have ever found power wise have been in these locations.

I always enter a store or booth with a calmed mind. I scan for energy surges and then try to narrow down the area. I like to use my hands. I touch everything and probably drive the shop keepers nuts! Of course I'm also looking for that rare and under-valued treasure NOT just items of paranormal or metaphysical power.

I have strong abilities of psychometry and the actual touching seems to work best for me. Everyone that touches an item leaves a bit of energy 'residue'. I believe this is sometime referred to as the Law of Contagion though that term really has more specific meaning in magick. I have a good 'sense' to read this energy.

My hint to shoppers looking for paranormal items in the mentioned places is as I believe Magnolia said-Trust your own instincts. If you train yourself to look beyond the beauty or lack thereof, then you can begin to 'see' and 'feel' the underlying energies. Use your hands-don't be afraid to touch, to hold an item for a bit.
I personally find that most really old items that have been touched or used in different ways have stronger energies than items not touched much-say clocks for example.

Thing used in religious ceremonies(rosaries, crucifixes, etc...) or hand made things especially have even more energies than normal. In Zen it is believed that a person who spends much time handcrafting something puts a large amount of their energy into the very fiber of the piece. This energy remains forever. I personally feel great energy in handmade quilts and linens.(another thing to keep in mind on quilts is people often died at home while covered with them in bed so attached spirits are possible) Oriental rugs have great innate energy also.

I think many who talk about the 'warmth' or 'aura' of living with antiques are subconsciously picking up on these positive energies. Vintage clothing and textiles can get very much energy infused into them especially if you have hand loomed, hand woven, hand sewn, and then worn pieces. I had a Masonic Templar Hat that was very powerful and Spirit attached last year. I also had a Top Hat with a Spirit attached I sold about a year ago.

Art pieces, paintings and sculptures have this same 'Zen' energy. The creation of the piece took much focus and intent and after all-what is the main component of much of magick but focus of will and intent?

Pieces with incredible energies are everywhere, pieces with attached Spirits are not as common, but are NOT rare by any means. You just need to hone your senses to pick up their energy.

I just recently decided to start offering some of the really special 'energetic' pieces I have found over the years in my eBay store. I have only listed a few so far but intend to put up many over the coming months. I had cut back on collecting and shopping but I've gone overboard again LOL!!! I have added several pieces just this last week.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Great thread :applause:

My mother and father worked with antique restoration all throughout my childhood and I would be exposed to atmospheres quite often with vintage or antique items. Fleamarkets, antique stores/shows, and then my own home where all sorts of amazing things would be brought in.
I feel that it helped my clairsentient abilities to develop and become more prominent.
My mother continues to work with antiques and now that I am fully aware of the unique energies they can encompass, I really appreciate spending time with certain items while we have them at the house.

I absolutely love going out on little trips to these sort of places for unique items, you really never know what you will find.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I know, it really does make you want to dive into every antique store & estate sale near you. LOL

We've been collecting for years and while some of the things we have are rare a lot of what we have are unique, but not terribly expensive items that possess a great deal of energy. You don't have to be an expert to collect, it's something anyone can do and since it isn't dealing with spirits or magic, it's something you can do on your own, with your significant other, or with your family.

We are going to be hosting a contest (details coming very soon) for the most unique find in your area!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

this is a really informative thread! thanks for all the info guys.
I actually found that the items I took of my now deceased grandparents l;ast year when they cleaned everything out to prep the house for sale, seem to have my Nonno and Baba's energy around them.
As soon as I borught everything home and placed the statues and pictures, etc I took from there,my cat Gavin has been constantly meowing at "nothing" but especially is always trying to jump up on the bookcase where the 3 statues reside that I had wanted most, as they were the most tied to memories of my Baba.

And, recently, found out that my Baba is actually one of my guardian angels...so yeah. I can sense her presence when holding the statues.I also have her walking cane, and some of her hand knit, and hand crocheted items she made over the years.

But like the others said, now this is making me want to go find an antique store,to discover if i sense anything!

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

Great article!

I've always been fascinated by antiques and grew up around a lot of them, I have a lot of really neat old things from my Grandmother. I've always had a sense of those things having a somehow different energy field than new modern things even when they're made much the same. Although I have also seen well made new modern things get a lot of energy invested in them pretty quickly too depending on who's attached to the item and for what reason. Interesting thoughts to ponder, how things acquire energy.

In the town I live in now, we have a museum gallery of town artifacts where I volunteer sometimes. They have one of the oldest phones I've ever seen in there, a great wooden thing that the switchboard operator used. I get a great energy off it although I've never heard anything around it yet, when I listen to the ear piece though it sounds "live" to me like white noise even though it's not plugged in. I've felt if I listened to it long enough I might hear something. When I volunteer there I often have the whole place to myself so I have given it a listen a bunch of times especially after hearing you say that about old phones on a podcast awhile back, but so far just the white noise when I listen to it, which is a little like putting my ear to a big seashell.

We have one old house with ancient cyprus beams that were brought in with oxen, talk about energy! Another old house I know nearby has one of those wooden balls at the top of the stairwell so when you go down the stairs your hand naturally wants to touch that wooden ball. You can see where it's been polished by each hand touching it over the years. It's around 120 years old. Whenever I go there I tend to stop and just put my hand on that ball for a few minutes before walking down the stairs and the energy off it always feels magnetic and interesting but I couldn't put my finger on any particular thing about it except "energy".

I'd heard you talk about the hair mourning jewelry on the podcast too, and I'd known about it but never have seen that much of it really. Since then I've done searches for it on eBay and have found absolutely fascinating pieces of all kinds. They are so unique and interesting. Some of them even combined with tintype photographs and other mementos too. I enjoy just looking at the photographs of them and sensing some of their energy that way.

I've had some odd experiences with dreams in antique beds definitely.

It also occurs to me that features of the land around us pick up on energy sometimes too this way, I've often picked up on energies coming from things like old clay mines or old civil war ditches. I know the great outdoors is a whole other thing but especially manmade features... or even natural features that are "touched" a lot can have that kind of energy too I find. Like even a very old handrail in a park as an example. I'm not very good at getting any info off touching things like that, but definitely feel the energy there.

Thanks again for the great info!

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

To the list of good places to scout I would like to add; your local Hospice or Terminal Disease Research store. Not only are you supporting a good cause, but they are inexpensive sources of the possessions of the recently deceased.

Don’t judge the paranormal value of an item by its monetary value. What may be gaudy or cheap to you, was once someone’s favorite necklace. Stroked for comfort in times of need, teethed on by babies, held tight in a withered hand. Meaning and money are not the same thing. Ashtrays, poker chips, and small glass containers (like trinket boxes) often have a noticeable energy.

Of special note if you can find them;
Simple lab equipment. Beakers, wooden test tube stands, apothecary supplies, that sort of thing.
Be aware that you should ASSUME they are tainted with something dangerous/toxic/poisonous. Unless you have received specialized training to deal with unknown chemical residue, be careful. Depending upon where you live be mindful of the manufacture of methamphetamine. (Meth taint is not worth the time and effort. It just isn't. Let it go.)

If you’re not buying from a reputable dealer, then expect to do your own cleansing and clearing. This means you need to be skilled enough to do that without damaging a fragile energy/spell/spirit connection. It also will limit your choices to strictly WA, unless you possess a storage container strong enough to hold a troublesome energy and the skill to deal with any metaphysical problems. If you can’t handle the energy in the store, what makes you think it won’t cause you problems at home? Relying on outside assistance (from spirits or spelled items) should not be considered sufficient. Part of Keeping is the responsibility to grow and mature with your collection. Learning basic cleansing and protection is an excellent and necessary foundation.

Just today I snapped up a new piece; a vintage metal cinnamon sign. It needs a gentle cleaning. But it emanates a warm protective energy, and cinnamon is an herb considered particularly sacred in my family. Now I have to research how to clean it without damaging the patina. (should have paid more attention when my husband was watching American Pickers)

Return to “Paranormal Energy”