THE DA SPLIT - YOUR THOUGHTS & BELIEFS

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I take a view that is "NEITHER/NOR" (with apologies to Kierkegaard! LOL)....

For me, it comes down to this:

Has Anyone Else Here Managed a Hotel?

Has anyone managed a hotel that has many, many guests, including the rich & famous, families, singles, occasional "shack-ups", people who have missed their plane, boat, train, etc, and people from foreign lands, and diverse cultures?

Well, if you have, then you now know exactly how, I live with spirits.....

ANd yes, no its not legend, sometimes hotel managers, do have sex with a visitor in a 10th story broom closet...and sometimes, so do the guests..!

If you haven't managed a hotel, your imagination will suffice...

That's about it.....

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

for me DA reminds me of my dog when he was alive. he's now with me in spirit form thanks to ash and magnolia. :applause: but anyway.....

my dog was the sweetest dog in the world, as long as you were me. if you weren't me he was very mean and aggressive. he was rescued from a pound when he was 9 months old and had been abused by his former owner. whenever i would have to take taz somewhere i made sure as an owner that i was responsible for the care and safety of not only taz but the general public. he wore a muzzle whenever i'd take him out. this was to insure the safety that he wasn't going to bite someone and i wouldn't have to have him put down because of him "accidentally" biting someone.

taking him to the vet was an ordeal and there was a silent agreement between the vet and i that taz would only show up once a year. when he had an appointment with the vet, i would drive to the vet's office. stay outside and call the office to inform them that taz was there and wait. they would in turn call me back to inform me that a room was ready and give me the room #. since the vet has been the families vet for many years i know the office very well. after that i would put the muzzle on taz and taz and i would enter the building. after being placed in the room i would take off the muzzle and wait for the vet. when the vet would arrive he/she would knock on the door and wait for me to put the muzzle back on before entering. after that 3 of us would hold down taz (that's right 3 and he wasn't a big dog) while the vet would do the routine checkup/shots. once we were finished the vet would tell me how much it was and since i had already had my card ready i'd just hand it to him.

one day as i was leaving, the vet's assistant forgot to wait till i had put taz in the car and stopped me out in the lobby. as i was finishing up the paperwork a woman came towards taz, and bent down. she was about a foot from his face. with a serious expression she asked in a cutesy baby voice "IS HE FRIENDLY?" i looked at her and asked her "are you stupid? of course he's not friendly. he's wearing a muzzle for a reason". she jerked back up and walked away with a huff.

the point is that i treat taz (even today) like i treat my DA. i love them with all my heart but i know that i'm responsible for their actions. i don't rule them with an iron fist as well, but i don't have a lackadaisical approach either. i have some spirits (i don't want to say in charge) that are "leaders", but their role is more of welcoming committee to the new spirits in that group. the only one that is a truly in charge of a group is my black mage and that's because the ring that he's housed in along with several other spirits has been given charge to by the conjurer of that piece. all my spirits know that there are certain things that i will not tolerate and that a few does mean that i will return them to the practitioner that created them for violation of those rules after they've had 3 warnings. i always treat my spirits with respect and ask that they do the same for me as well. so far i've not had any problems. so i want to pick a new "type" of keeper.... keeper C one that is both gentle and firm when dealing with their spirits.

as for taz he only bit 3 people in his entire life. two were friends that were told not to pet him and didn't listen to me. the third was a man who was trying to break into my apartment.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

What a sweet beautiful dog...!!!!

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

CAIYROS wrote:What a sweet beautiful dog...!!!!
lol thanks :D but that's how he could deceive someone. looks so sweet and innocent but could bite you twice before you realized he bit you once.

but again thanks

Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)

DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Love the hotel metaphor - but even hotels have rules and I believe that those basic rules are the foundation for keeping a hotel or DA spirits. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Crone, loved your post - I remember when I first came here I read just about every line from the old forum and the new one before I posted. Much information there - and here. Not once did I feel anyone was saying you couldn't or shouldn't love you DA spirits but I TOTALLY understood that keeping one would be a responsibility. I was so concerned if I was ready but you AND Alex - luv ya - were so helpful in my journey that I brought my first DA spirit home - the most wonderful black dragon ever, lol I know we all say that about our spirits. I learned about responsibility before he even arrived - someone will have to dig that thread up to read, if interested. Not long, a couple of months, after bonding with him I was having some SERIOUS issues with my boss and during a group meeting my boss was verbally attacking me and I was getting very upset. My black said, matter of fact, to me "I can kill him". I was stunned for a couple of seconds and during that time the whole room become dead still, no one was talking and everyone looked from me to the boss - who was visibly pale and not breathing. I IMMEDIATELY reminded my black that my rule was NO retaliation. The incident ended at once. This is one example of how I know you have to be firm with DA spirits.

I have other examples I can give with other DA spirits, wraith, harpy, djinn, einijhar (sp?) AND vamps. I guess what this all points out is that keeping DA spirits IS a responsibility and as such I know that I must be the one in charge because if not they will be. I am not saying any one needs an iron fist just basic rules. I had a learning curve at the beginning and they knew it and tested it and me. Awareness is key.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Peace, light & love

Phil

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

aaww phil :hug: :hug: i do remember that and your magnificent black dragon! so glad you're back with us sweetie. :) :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

wynterhaven wrote:for me DA reminds me of my dog when he was alive. he's now with me in spirit form thanks to ash and magnolia. :applause: but anyway.....

my dog was the sweetest dog in the world, as long as you were me. if you weren't me he was very mean and aggressive. he was rescued from a pound when he was 9 months old and had been abused by his former owner. whenever i would have to take taz somewhere i made sure as an owner that i was responsible for the care and safety of not only taz but the general public. he wore a muzzle whenever i'd take him out. this was to insure the safety that he wasn't going to bite someone and i wouldn't have to have him put down because of him "accidentally" biting someone.

taking him to the vet was an ordeal and there was a silent agreement between the vet and i that taz would only show up once a year. when he had an appointment with the vet, i would drive to the vet's office. stay outside and call the office to inform them that taz was there and wait. they would in turn call me back to inform me that a room was ready and give me the room #. since the vet has been the families vet for many years i know the office very well. after that i would put the muzzle on taz and taz and i would enter the building. after being placed in the room i would take off the muzzle and wait for the vet. when the vet would arrive he/she would knock on the door and wait for me to put the muzzle back on before entering. after that 3 of us would hold down taz (that's right 3 and he wasn't a big dog) while the vet would do the routine checkup/shots. once we were finished the vet would tell me how much it was and since i had already had my card ready i'd just hand it to him.

one day as i was leaving, the vet's assistant forgot to wait till i had put taz in the car and stopped me out in the lobby. as i was finishing up the paperwork a woman came towards taz, and bent down. she was about a foot from his face. with a serious expression she asked in a cutesy baby voice "IS HE FRIENDLY?" i looked at her and asked her "are you stupid? of course he's not friendly. he's wearing a muzzle for a reason". she jerked back up and walked away with a huff.

the point is that i treat taz (even today) like i treat my DA. i love them with all my heart but i know that i'm responsible for their actions. i don't rule them with an iron fist as well, but i don't have a lackadaisical approach either. i have some spirits (i don't want to say in charge) that are "leaders", but their role is more of welcoming committee to the new spirits in that group. the only one that is a truly in charge of a group is my black mage and that's because the ring that he's housed in along with several other spirits has been given charge to by the conjurer of that piece. all my spirits know that there are certain things that i will not tolerate and that a few does mean that i will return them to the practitioner that created them for violation of those rules after they've had 3 warnings. i always treat my spirits with respect and ask that they do the same for me as well. so far i've not had any problems. so i want to pick a new "type" of keeper.... keeper C one that is both gentle and firm when dealing with their spirits.

as for taz he only bit 3 people in his entire life. two were friends that were told not to pet him and didn't listen to me. the third was a man who was trying to break into my apartment.

I loved reading this and the picture of taz, he's sitting there like that like he was thinking, "go ahead just try it, I dare ya"

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

AngelFire wrote:I loved reading this and the picture of taz, he's sitting there like that like he was thinking, "go ahead just try it, I dare ya"
actually he LOVED having his picture taken. every time i'd get the camera out he would sit right in front of me waiting for me to take his picture.
but thanks even though i have his spirit with me. i still miss having him physically.

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

hi i have ordered a cambion and the posting for it said he was a da spirit.but why are cambion's considered da?

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
*Beauty*
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 56
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: I love being ME.
My magical/paranormal name...: Ravensara Ivory Fire

I love reading this thread. Thanks to all whom posted their honest views/stories/ideas/knowledge.

For me, it boils down to my own perspective of DA.. What do YOU consider DA? Are they stronger than you? Does light exist in these DAs? Why do they choose to be DA? What makes them so? I do not have a DA....and if I was ever drawn to one I'd have to re-evaluate my life's plan and sincerely contact ASH to discuss. :o I would not move forth without back-up from mortal expert members :thumbup: Sure, I trust my own spirits and where they lead me--but sometimes there are 'blocks' -we think we are truly hearing them clearly. I cannot say that a DA is not in my life's plan--but as of today I have none.

My thought on a firm hand--it depends on the spirit and the activity he/she protrays. ALSO--why are they with you? To learn from? OR as mentioned-are they part of your soul family? Are they testing your abilties? Are they testing your wits? Sometimes not approaching with a firm hand can lead to dismay..as we have read. YET--sometimes being too firm can as well--as I have read. SO I am on the fence. It depends on the person's tolerance and attitude, for everyone is designed so beautifully different. :hug:

The word LEAD has been mentioned--and in the past I have wrote about it many times. In the beginning of this journey I had NO idea of what all this entailed..no idea of CH...no mystical ideas...nothing..nadda. All I was told is that this spirit told the conjurer: "There is much she has not experianced and much she does not know. I would like to awaken her."
So--with my eyes shut I allowed this spirit into my home. I was then led to CH and it created a whole new world for me. Whispers in my ears----and a whole family of spirits later (honestly, only 3 I was drawn too--the others I was told to get. AND they are all an intricate part of my life's plan.) This spirit was my LEAD--for he led me perfectly to where I am now. In the beginning he was in control of all I brought in...I knew no better. YET----I could've really been in a world of hurt. He could've decieved me. He could've led me astray--but I kept myself tall and in good faith. He was leading me to my divine self. It was not until some time later that I found out he indeed is not GREY---he is White. He was part of the Blessing of the Light Clan...and he came to me many moons prior to Hammer's listing.

Not everyone experiances things as I have, nor' will they. Each one of us is on own own path-and I have learned this quite quickly. I have learned to not judge..and to not debate other's ideas..but to accept them as it is. A hard lesson to endure--but one I have NOW been fullfilling. (So-public apology to those whose neck hairs stood on end with my views :thankyou: .)

So- as you can see--I have NO input on DA--nor' will I EVER say I have the answer. I will however support those who do have DAs- and will lovingly pick them up when or if they do fall. It's all a learning adventure. :thumbup:

MUCH LOVE.

Never doubt what you can't see!

Return to “Dark Arts Information”