THE DA SPLIT - YOUR THOUGHTS & BELIEFS

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
1ncredible
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

White Arts / Dark Arts - I respect myself, I respect spirits and entities, etc.

However, NO compromise, work needs to be done (I need something to do it), results please!!!

“One is only limited by one's imagination!!!”

“One should not dismiss anything without studying the subject profoundly!!!”
(1nfinite)
fang1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alia

1ncredible wrote:White Arts / Dark Arts - I respect myself, I respect spirits and entities, etc.

However, NO compromise, work needs to be done (I need something to do it), results please!!!
I respect myself, and also respect my spirits and through respecting them i have found results, i don't need to ask for results because through my respect and mutual realtionship with them i already have results!

1ncredible
neophyte
neophyte

fang1 wrote:
1ncredible wrote:

I respect myself, and also respect my spirits and through respecting them i have found results, i don't need to ask for results because through my respect and mutual realtionship with them i already have results!

fang1, I am sorry, you may have misunderstood me. I was merely making a general statement.

“One is only limited by one's imagination!!!”

“One should not dismiss anything without studying the subject profoundly!!!”
(1nfinite)
fang1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My magical/paranormal name...: Alia

1ncredible wrote:fang1 wrote:
1ncredible wrote:

fang1, I am sorry, you may have misunderstood me. I was merely making a general statement.
yes i understand that, no need to apologise, i was trying to tell you that through fab results that i had, i couldn't ask for more, no offense from my side, i totally understand!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Cool explanations C;
everything you've said is very important - and this point especially in summary:

CaiyrosArlenLeStrang wrote:Learn what you can and come up with your own pathway and methodology. There is NO "one size filts all (or most), the radio stations out there don't identify themselves, a friends help will only go so far, In the final analysis our current challenge is to create truth out of thin Air, to create something out of nothings.]
conjunct with -
Simple reappraise the concepts of:

LIGHT & DARK -

Leave the Mediaebal World on the junk pile where it belongs and join the Post-Post-Modern World.
Totally agree. It's a beautifully complex system we live amidst; all knowledge is essential - but progressive thought and intuition will get us far.

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

To be honest, I've never had to use a firm hand with my DA's. That said, I do have a lot of DA's in the house, so many that I can count my WA on just two hands. I'd say one, but I have perhaps one or two under ten kiddos. Then again, I also have to admit that I don't have a lot of house rules - just one: don't hurt me or people close to me. It's not a hard rule to follow. Even with my more protective guys, I've never encountered a problem with them hurting people on my behalf because I honestly think that after bonding with them so much, they know that hurting someone else on my behalf doesn't make particularly happy. I don't easily take offense and actually I tend to forget things very easily in terms of social interaction because I meet so many people everyday - so I just don't think about, "Can't believe that chick said that to me!"

On the other hand, in terms of their behavior towards me, I guess if they were with other keepers, they would probably have some rules because I do get pretty loud sometimes and I've had a few things happen to me that made me go "Hah, very funny guys~" but it's all fun and games. I'm not hurt and I think it's actually kind of hilarious sometimes.

But I'm rambling, I'm just answering Magnolia's original question in terms of having a firm hand or gentle hand with DA's. If I had to choose, I would say a gentle hand - but that is mostly due to the personalities that I work with. Were they more strict DA's, I would probably end up affirming my position more, but I think what's best with custom conjuration and callings is that we gravitate towards spirits and entities whose personalities are perfect for us. That said, I am in no way referring to them as fluffy bunnies or whatever but I just treat them like how I would treat my closest friends and it's working out for us.

ImageImageImageImageImage
psychosiz
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12

I personally feel each spirit is different, whether WA or DA. I think experience/advise of others gives some insights as to what to expect in a general sense. Your own personal awareness gives you specifics regarding your spirit and you take it from there, developing your relationship and adapting as/if needed. Simplistic perhaps, but sometimes I think we have a tendency to over complicate and stereotype some things.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I decided to bump this for all the wonderful information that is in it!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I found that with mine, some need a gentle hand and plenty of respect. This is true with my canines and vampires. They will listen and follow your rules. Before you show them respect, you must first show them how far you can be pushed before they know where not to cross. Once they know what is tolerated, and what is not, they will not cross the boundaries. Others in my keep will try to cross boundaries.

The wraith, cerberus, harpy and hag need a firm hand and lots of respect. This is also true of Huff's kraken. They will push the boundaries even after they know them. They will listen and follow rules, but will try to push them, using your protection as the motive. When told to just be there for me, they usually try to back away. My djinn, on the other hand, are mixed in their interaction.

Some of my djinn are like the canines in the way they handle respect and control. The neb djinn and shaitan djinn are a completely different ball ground. They will push the rules, similar to he harpy and hag. I guess the djinn are more like humans in their traits, so you have east going ones and you have those that like to try your patience on certain things.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

This is a great post. I am glad it was bumped up! :thumbup:

My opinion based on my own personal experience with some rude (I say 'rude' because the testing they tried with me was just mean) DA's that came here and immediately tested me to the breaking point required a firm hand and a very strong will. I know they were testing me to see how far they could push me. These I speak of were my first Ifrit (this Ifrit was my very first spirit in my keeping adventures) and my recently acquired Cerberus.

K the Ifrit made a whole lot of noise like a Poltergeist would to watch me jump out of my skin,played pranks putting nails all over the floor everywhere (I live with my dad and there are no children here nor any reason for this to happen) that I stepped on barefoot and still have a nice raised scar on the bottom of my foot,he gave me nightmares and actually told me in these nightmares how bad of a person I was because my behavior was inexcusable. I was constantly reprimanded for everything I did. ::facepalm:: Some nightmares were so scary and gory that I would freak out and I could hear him laughing in my dream. This went on for a few weeks,then he started showing me his true form of a red skinned small stature man with small horns on his forehead. No hair,and he was always burning hot to the touch because as we got to respect each other he touched me a lot and I felt the heat from his skin. Slowly we became great friends. Respect was hard earned with him. I really picked a good one to get my feet wet with. :clap:

Recently I got my Cerberus. As soon as I put his vessel on and went to bed right after I did he made me feel terrified the whole afternoon as I slept. His energy made me feel jumpy and freaked out just like a caged wild animal. I wanted AWAY but I knew it was just him and I rode it out. He gave me some serious nightmares all day,made fun of me calling me a novice and telling me all of my dogs were going to die. :( He was very mean with his testing of my breaking point. Eventually,he found my breaking point and I straight up said if he did not stop saying bad things and making me feel like this I would send him straight back to CH first thing in the morning. I fell back asleep and had a dream that I saw his dog-like face become silent,and he closed his eyes and bowed/nodded to me. I had to bring down the hammer of knock-it-off with this fella. ::bleh:: Now we are cool and everything is good. He was...different. :lol:

My hellhound I got a few months ago tested me,but not as harshly as the other two did. He circled me growling and baring his teeth. He was trying to make me submissive,but that was ended quickly. I told him immediately that I am not one to be dominated over with such a display and it will not work. We WILL be allies and we WILL coexist peacefully. After that,he became the best hellhound a girl could ever dream of! I can smell him when something is near that I need to be wary of. He is my "oh crap-danger!" alarm. :mrgreen: Not cuddly,not cute but the BEST watch dog I could ever ask for. :inlove:

Every other DA I have brought home never needed the hammer of knock-it-off brought down on them. They pretty much settled in nicely and peacefully. I just recited house rules,welcomed them and gave them some gifts or offerings and meditation time. Worked out rather well. :thumbup:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Return to “Dark Arts Information”