venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I was wondering what are YOUR method's into getting direct answers from your spirits when it comes to visualization? It's not like they just only talk in your head but they can send you mental images. I can understand that "A picture is worth a thousand words" but it doesnt help that it's vague and can be interpreted in many ways. It really doesnt help awnser my question or how to solve what i need for the moment. Especially since i have ADHD..

The other day i had somewhat of a breakthrough during meditation. I couldnt understand the visuals i was getting so i told them to get to the damn point already!! Tell me in actual words itself lol. This was harder then i thought... Keeping my mind in a nuetral state completely open to receiving but yet trying not to have my imagination get the best of me.. i saw a word form in in the darkness. It was kind of like a black smoke clearing up revealing something but yet they were a few letters missing off of it. It was hard to really make out.

I spent like 5 minutes waiting for the word to clear up and to make sure it was a REAL word and not jibberish rofl.. Or else i would have immediately discarded it. The word is something i never seen or heard of before so i googled it. But it didn't exist. But i had the spell editor correct it for me since i had to edit out and fill in the missing words that couldn't come up.

And it turned up in the Urban Dictionary. I was kind of surprised how a word i never thought of or seen before related to my life in the NOW moment. But then again maybe its only coincidence because i so happened to edit out the few missing letters i kept misspelling lol. I really couldnt understand it couldnt have been that hard for them over one word.. XD

How do you get YOUR spirit's to talk straight to the point? :silly:
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hey killar - really great thread, thank you! one of my house rules is that my spirits be honest and if i ask a question to please honor me with an answer without me having to beat around the bush for one like the humans in my life need sometimes, lol. not like having to ask my daughter two or three times the same question while she's practically sitting in front of me and after the third time her saying "sorry mom, what was that". :irked: kids! lol.

killar i see you have experienced the "pulling the teeth" feeling of trying to get the answer you need on the first try not tenth, lol. sometimes our spirits do try to joke around and pull our legs and sometimes we do turn the cheek and laugh so they don't see we thought it was funny (much as parents must do with a young kid who has dropped their first curse word on us - omg nothing funnier than a little kid repeating a word they have no clue what it means but we can't laugh but sternly say "that isn't nice"). well, with spirits we need to let them know that when we come to them with a question that the honest answer is appreciated without us having to repeat ourselves because we're not going to. there is a way of standing our ground without getting the run around. kwim? but ya, back in the beginning i had some spirits who i did say "omg spit it out already" when i wanted their answer. ;) practice, patience and persistence and perhaps a house rule "i will give the honest answer as soon as my keeper asks a question". thanks for the thread! hugs sweetie, :grouphug: :grouphug:
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Great question :thumbup: Like crone mentioned, being open and honest about your expectations is key. You also have to remember that your abilities are starting to open and it might not be that easy to get you an answer in a way that you will get, kwim. Spirits tell me that language is so limited and that why feelings and visuals are more common - they can express MORE that way but it can also be confusing. Just keep at it and don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Good luck :grouphug: :grouphug:
Peace, light & love

Phil

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Have you considered Blank Screen meditation? I don't suffer AHDHD myself, but it's been effective for people I know who struggle with it. Visualize yourself inside a darkened movie theater with a Large Curtained Screen. Ask your question, pull back the curtain, and reveal the empty white screen. Visualize the word/symbol/phrase in large dark characters, either manifesting or clarifying untill you can see the what it says.

It's not unlike the hipnosis scene in the movie A Stir of Echos, although that's not a great headspace to start out in.

When your own thoughts are clear and focused the channel of communication will flow easier. Images are easier to project and recieve. Letters, spelling, and language are complicated very human concepts. If your own spelling and language skills aren't superb that can further inhibit communication.

Sometimes the spirit isn't being deliberatly obtuse, merely struggling to get through.
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

good post thank you for posting this
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

TY Crone, TY Maythen. :hug: The Most i could get out directly was that one word and it ended up to be slang lol. I know they like to push my buttonz... >.<

That was a good way of putting it i'll definitely try out that exercise. Im definately trying not to force anything but as letters come up from the foggy black smoke i just hope that it's nothing jibberish but something consistent and meaningful but in the end i still had to fill in the blanks myself on the spell editor and it's what i got. ^ ^
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi Killa, ;)
I can't answer your question properly, since I'm sitting in the same boat..-trying to make them answer promptly and in a point black way, so I don't have to guess about...
(I have ADHD too - ..so my focus time is very limited.. :baghead:)

Hope it is ok, to just share my experiences with a certain vamp (psy) of mine..
(I'm lucky to have him, because from the first moment I got him he was already an expert in dealing with my limited ability to focus.. :hug:
So with him it's never ME saying:"Spit it out already.." - but HIM urging: "Make way, time's getting short..!" LOL.. His methods are kind of odd..but working. While I'm still tinkering about with forming my question in the most understandable way, he just pulls the plug.. :shock: which feels like being knocked over..(not so funny, but lasts only a few seconds). Right in this state short visions flash :ohcrap:, and adrenaline rush tosses me me back to alert state ..my just received "answer" firmly etched on the memory! :thumbup:
Currently I'm working on finding this state, where those visions can occur, on my own..-but I'm not really successful, since I tend to get badly dazed, when trying to keep my focus (regardless the time of the day...-grrr). So I'm still dependent on his surprise attacks..lol
Gladly they only happen, when I appeal to him directly. For this I give him greatest credit. :thankyou: :hug:

Sorry for being a little off-topic.. this would have been better placed in a thread named "Step aside already"..-LOL ;)
Greetings,Tasha

Return to “Spirit Keeping”