An Unofficial Glossary of Creepy Hollow Forum Terms

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

I thought this might be handy for a newbie, or anyone new who's from a different system of working. Hope it's allright with everyone. If I missed something or goofed, please chip in!

Spirit Classifications

White Arts: (WA) A being that is inherently benevolent and/or incapable of acting maliciously. Individuals are still capable of acting fierce or bratty. Angels, Unicorns and most Faeries are examples of White Art spirits.

Dark Arts: (DA) A being that is capable of choosing between good and evil, and acting on that choice. Dispositions range from saintly, to downright brutal. Humans, Werewolves and Harpies are examples of Dark Arts spirits.

Grey Arts: (GA) A being that is a Dark Arts spirit remaining capable of evil, but is usually good natured. Dark Arts remains the correct technical term, but some keepers prefer the term Grey Arts for lighter beings, so I'm adding this to the Glossary. Gargoyles, particularly gentle Immortals, and gentle tempered individuals of Dark Arts species could be considered Grey Arts.

Black Arts: (BA) A being that is inherently malicious, or destructive. Some individuals may be capable of good or good acts, but typically Black Arts beings are dangerous and destructive enough that keeping one is counterproductive at best and not recommended. Demons, Redcaps and Hydras are examples of Black Arts spirits.

Entity: A non-physical being that is alive in its own realm, and is born, lives and dies much like a physical human does in our realm. Living Djinn and living Angels are two examples of entities.

Immortal: A being that is capable of being present in multiple locations at once. Immortals are considered Gods in many religions and as the term implies, are not spirits, but living and immortal. Zeus, Bast and Ganesh are examples of Immortals.

Spirit: A being that once lived as a physical being in our world, or as an entity, but has since then, died and exists as a spirit. As they are no longer busy with their own lives, they are more open to being bound and assisting or working with a human, and often have a slightly more even disposition than a living being.

Vessel: A physical object to which a spirit is bound.

Binding: The act of linking a spirit to a vessel. The spirit remains capable of moving around, and it is comparable to giving a human an apartment and cell phone in a foreign country, permitting them to use their vessel as a base. They can withdraw from the vessel if they find need, but the link remains. In the case of darker beings, binding often includes a safety catch to prevent the spirit from doing their keeper harm. Ethical conjurers make sure that they have the spirits permission to be bound.

Attachment: Attachment is when a spirit has a loose link to a vessel, often one that they created themselves. While simple, it is not permanent, and the spirit can leave completely at any time.

Shielding: A field of protective energy set around a human (and typically produced by the human) that prevents negative or harmful energy from affecting them.

Circle: A field of protective energy set around a space (typically produced by a human) in which a human (and any companions) can work with energy without interference. It differs from a shield in that it shields a stationary area rather than a mobile human.

Trickster: A being that's either a spirit or an entity, that messes with human/spirit communication for entertainment. Tricksters range from mildly pesky, to dangerous.

Pendulum: An object on a string that swings in response to unconscious movements, or spirit communication. Shielding and circles are useful when using a pendulum in order to discourage tricksters.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
wishing apon a star
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: White light Ones
If I could be anything, I would be...: Being My Divine Self
Zodiac:

::wave:: Lampropeltis

Many thanks for the info for the new ones that just joined us :thumbup:

Warmest Wishes<3
When I count my Blessings, I Always count You Twice<3
::bop:: Creepy Hollows Cheerleader ::bop::
Healings Happen with Love<3
Creepy Hollows Rocks My Socks !
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Very useful post Lamp! :thumbup: I copied and saved it already ;)
Thanks for putting it up! :thankyou:

Greetings,Tasha
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
Zodiac:

Good idea! ::wave::

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks guys. :grouphug: Many of these terms puzzled me when I first came here, so I thought this would come in handy.

hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
Zodiac:

Nice list. :thumbup: Maybe add one thing new members get confused about:

Lazy orb: Power for yourself (http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... t=0&page=1)

:crazy:

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Very cool :thumbup:

I added a link to this to our dictionary terms in the Encyclopedia so readers can read contributions made in this thread! I hadn't thought about expanding the dictionary to tools, like pendulum, etc so I'll add this to my list of things to update in the near future.

http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... onary.html

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Great Post, Lamp! :thumbup: :hug:
I would just like to add that Casting A Circle is another form of Shielding, there are many different types of "energetic" or "psionic" Shields, and not every type of Shield is permanent.
(Some need to be re-cast quite often.)
Casting A Circle should be done every time you practice magick, so that the practitioner is not leaving themselves open to things like negative unbound spirits messing with them either through attacking their energy field or pretending to be the person's bound spirits through communication tools such as the pendulum.
Thanks for the article post, Mags! :hug:

:grouphug:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Very cool :thumbup:

I added a link to this to our dictionary terms in the Encyclopedia so readers can read contributions made in this thread! I hadn't thought about expanding the dictionary to tools, like pendulum, etc so I'll add this to my list of things to update in the near future.

http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... onary.html
Perfect! Thanks Mag! :hug:

Greetings,Tasha
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

You're very welcome guys.

Thank you Magnolia, I'm flattered! And that's an awesome article.

Hupsu, thank you for adding that! That's a term that always needs definition! :lol:

Bella, thank you for the circle clarification. They really come in handy.

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”