Kitsune anyone?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

You know, for the record, she sounds to me like a either a race of fae or elf that just shapeshifts. I don't know a lot about elves but I've had a fair amount of experience with faeries, pixies, sprites etc. and her actions sound a LOT like those of a pixie. Playing pranks, following you around, presenting images of both human figure and animal. She may be reluctant to show you her wings after the way "Peeta" took you by surprise.

On the flip side of that I've had many a "dark spirit" that wasn't dark at all, they only had the pontential to be dark but chose to work with the light intead. I think Ash or Magnolia can better describe the motives of dark arts spirits but I know that some of them wear that lable but aren't what you would consider "dark" at all. BB's Oli is a perfect example.

I'll see if I can't connect from my end and see what she is and you can go from there. I also strongly suggest you do some reading on the art of dowsing using a pendulum. A quick google search should provide you with a fair amount of info. A pendulum is a tool that all should have when working with spirits.

Hope your day is better and "computer issue free"! ;)

Bright Blessings~ Tammy

"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
CodeNinja
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'm really beginning to doubt she's a Kitsune, it fit with my initial research, but the more people post and the more reading I do... well, there are things that just don't fit right. I think she's amused by the fact that I've either misidentified her, or doubt what she is.

Let me know what you find out, Dragon Lady.

I was just going to say other than her pushing me to keep walking on the treadmill today ("Destroy those calories!"), she's been pretty much silent. Except just now I heard something running across the floor in the other room. No big deal, it was a trotting like four-legged sound (real close together thumps, not a lot of weight behind it), so I thought it was the cat (no claw sound on the laminate). Except he's laying next to my foot fast asleep! Nothing out there, either.

And I'm not really spooked out about it, which is cool.

She seems more active than my mom's entities, short of the fairies. Those two always seem to be up to something... of course, BB has seen shapes and let her entourage know not to do that. I haven't done that with her.

CodeNinja
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Correction to the noise above: Caesar just took off across the floor, it was a similar sound, but his gait is about half as long (much closer thumps) and he's not nearly as heavy as what I heard.

How cool is that? Ha!

rh1ann
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Welcome!

What a fun time you must be having! Since Kitsune means 'fox' in Japanese, I thought I would share some Native American views from sources I've used in my shaman training:

[copy/pasting cause it's long from a couple of sources that I like..[whats-your-sign.com and Ted Andrews]

Overwhelmingly, cultural consensus on fox animal symbolism deals with:

* cunning
* strategy
* quick-thinking
* adaptability
* cleverness
* wisdom

Additional perspectives and cultural viewpoints on the fox animal meanings are as follows:

In China, fox animal symbolism revolved around the afterlife. Lore has it that a fox sighting was thought to be a signal from the spirits of the deceased.

Fox animal symbolism takes a turn of intelligence in the Celtic realm as the Celts believed the fox to be a guide, and was honored for its wisdom. The Celts understood the fox knows the woods intimately, and they would rely upon the fox as their guide in the spirit world.

In Japan, the fox was considered one of the rain spirits, and a messenger of Inari the rice god. Here the fox also symbolizes longevity and protection from evil.

In Native American lore, fox animal symbolism deals with two interpretations. One perspective (Northern tribes) observes the fox as a wise and noble messenger. The other (Plains tribes) views the fox as a trickster playing pranks, or worse - luring one to demise. The Cherokees invoke fox medicine to prevent frostbite, and Hopi shamans always wear fox skins in their healing rites. The Choctaw saw fox as the protector of the family unity. Apaches credited fox with the killing of the evil bear, and for sticking its tail into the flame and stealing fire for humans. In other societies, fox was also held in great esteen. In Persia it was sacred, for it helped the deceased get to heaven. In Egypt, fox fur was thought to bring favour with the gods. The Indians of Peru had a fox god. The fox was often believed to reward those who did it service.

Other generalized fox symbolic meanings deal with

* focus
* determination
* right-action

It is noteworthy to observe the fox while it is on the hunt. We see its entire body is pointed like an arrow - straight and tightly aimed. This is a symbolic message for us to set a determined, and powerfully focused mindset in order to "hit the target" of our desires.

The fox encourages us to think outside of the box and use our intelligence in different, creative ways. The fox also brings us a message to try to approach our circumstances differently that we normally would. Be aware of some of our habits, and try a different angle of action.

The fox also a reminder that we must utilize all of our resources (seen and unseen) in order to accomplish our goals. Sometimes this means calling upon some unorthodox methods.

Furthermore, the fox is a sign to be mindful of our surroundings.

Immaculate shapeshifters and incredibly adaptable, the fox beckons us to not make too many waves but rather, adapt to our surroundings, blend into it, and use our surroundings (and circumstances) to our advantage.

----

Not familiar with how many of these traits are also associated with the Kitsune. But I would think that primarily with a 'fox' trait, you will be dealing with shapeshifters - making things appear differently than they really are when needed - ala, the hand lotion and kleenex. Shapeshifters are not necessarily evil. I work with a woman who is a shapeshifter - and she doesn't even realize it! I've observed her going from one situation to another and totally change her voice, carriage - heck, her whole demeanor - depending on who is there and what is needed. This can be a good trait to have - just think of people who do fundraisers. It can also be twisted to the area of self-service and ego. Just think of politicians.

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. --- Carl Jung
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Oh and the offering they like is said to be deep fried tofu ^^

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

CodeNinja
new here
new here
Zodiac:

She's a Woodland Faery.

Talk about a case of mistaken identity! :lol:

xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

CodeNinja wrote:She's a Woodland Faery.

Talk about a case of mistaken identity! :lol:
Oh that's different LOL!!

I have few woodland faeries in my house and they all like fresh water and herbs ^^

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

nemurineco
active contributor
active contributor

http://www.creepyhollows.com/store/cart ... substring=

Are they Inari(Dakini)?
Or not?
Do they harmonize with below?
Or not?

Last edited by nemurineco on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsiDraco
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

In Japan.. Kitsune= 9 Tails demon fox :!:

moonshadow
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

The unbound Kitsune that uses to visit my daughter would whisper my daughter's name in her ear when she would go to sleep, try to meditate, or when she was alone. He would also steal things and then put them in different places; however, there are a few things he never gave back. She says when she slept most of the time she would feel someone in the bed with her or feel cold air blowing on her face. My daughter also saw him twice; the first time he looked like black foxy thing and the last time (before he left) he took on a shadowy human-like form.

Love & Light,
Moonshadow

Meow Is Spoken Here

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”