Kitsune anyone?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Beech
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

Some of you may recall that I have a son who saw one of my faeries when we were visiting him in FL. He's trying to join the board now and is waiting for approval....but....has asked me to ask if anyone has any experiences with Kitsunes because he believes he has one visiting him in his home.

I've never heard of them but he has told me some of the things going on and what conversations they've had and I think he is right. She's given him a name to call her, has played a few tricks and tormented the cat (which he has put an end to) but all in all, she seems very curious about him and not threatening in any way.

Anyone have any experiences?

Thank you!

6dogs4us
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Sorry no experience here. Tell him to give her mashed bananas as stated in the encyclopedia, see if she likes them. Or orange peels! Evidentally they love to play tricks but also protect their keeper. Amazing how she just decided to move in!

CodeNinja
new here
new here
Zodiac:

[quote="6dogs4us"]Amazing how she just decided to move in![/quote]

Actually I think it's the other way around! I think she was here when I moved in, and took a few steps back to watch to see what happened. I don't know why she's presenting herself to me now.

I'm not quite sure what to make of her, last night was the first 'real' contact, I suppose. I'd been getting the feeling of being watched, nothing bad, just a feeling that I was being observed. Caesar's been acting more weird than usual as well, almost like he was startled, it was really kind of puzzling (and funny, cats on Pergo floors are hilarious!). To be honest, I haven't seen him for several hours, so who knows where he's off too. Little bugger has some good hiding spots!

Anyway, last night was when she started feeding me some images and feelings. I realize now that some of my inner monologue over the last few weeks hasn't been so 'inner' after all, which was a little disconcerting as I mentioned to BB when I called her this morning. She's backed off a bit today, she's still there, but she's not imposing as much of her thoughts and feelings on me as she did, it's more like soft background noise and occasional feelings of amusement. I think she caught on that I was a little uncomfortable with how 'there' she was yesterday. Hopefully as we both get used to each other, we'll get more comfortable with each other.

BB got it wrong, though. She wasn't the one who brought up "binding", I did. I was curious as to how it was done. From her reactions I'm getting the impression that there are two types of "binding", one that is more true to the word in which the entity is bound against it's will, the other is more of an agreement in which I would be providing her with a vessel or object to anchor herself with. I think part of the reason she's been lurking in the shadows is because BB was down here with all her entities, she wasn't sure what to make of it. I don't think she'd have presented herself if she didn't feel it was safe, and I think thats what she was trying to figure out.

So far I'm rather enjoying her company, she's made me grin a few times with the little images she sends. I'm not really sure how to describe it, it's not like I'm seeing things, it's just... more of an impression of an image, and the emotions tied to it. The one that really shook me was the image of a face in shadow, maybe back lit, but with piercing green eyes. I mean GREEN eyes, not neon, more like emerald. I think thats going to stick with me a for a while. I also think I caught a glimpse of a small four-legged shape in my bathroom mirror, in the bedroom behind me. I thought it was Caesar at first, but then realized that it was quite a bit bigger. I called BB right after that.

I think she's being active because, yesterday, I questioned her existence and my own sanity. I think these have been her, "Hey, yeah, I'm real and you better accept it" messages. I'm an engineer, it's kind of in my nature to question things, but if you smack me in the face enough with something... I pretty much have to accept it.

So far she's been hidden things on me. No, I don't mean "hid" them, she made them disappear or made it so that I didn't notice them. For example, I was looking for hand lotion earlier. I knew where it was, it was in the kitchen to the left of the sink under the cabinet with the cups in it. When I went in the kitchen, there was nothing there. So I looked in the guest bedroom, thinking maybe my mother (Broken_beach) had put it in there when they came down to visit. Nope, not in there. I wandered back into the kitchen to get a drink of water, and guess what was sitting right where it should have been, where I had already looked? She did the same with a box of kleenex later.

I'm going to wash up and head to Publix, I already told her she could tag along if she behaves. Dunno if I'm going to get her any banana's, I can't stand them, but I might pick up an orange or two. This should be interesting!

Since she's... well, I guess she's "wild", is there anything I need to do to make her feel more welcome? I live in the city, which is one reason I was surprised that a fox spirit would be here. Although, and broken_beach knows what I'm talking about, there is a really wide green forested area near here that the high-tension power lines run down. It goes all the way into the heart of the city, and all the way out to the edge and forest/fields beyond. I'm maybe half a mile from cow pasture. Or am I thinking to 'earthly'?

Sorry for the long, ignorant, rants!
-CN
Last edited by CodeNinja on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beech
active contributor
active contributor

Hey CN.......Welcome son! *HUG*

6dogs4us
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Oh BB, this is going to be so much fun having your son with us. I'm not overly familiar with the kitsune but will certainly read up more. Imagine her being there from before, I am still amazed. She is quite a handful, pulling tricks like that on him, I hope he is the patient sort. Some people can deal with tricksters better than others (not me, I'm always too busy and it aggravates me more than anything). I know engineers, I worked for the Dept. of Transportation, with hundreds of engineers, black and white - no gray. Everything in nice neat lines and in their place. Very analytical they are. It's great that he picks up on her images, shows he has sensitivity. Where in Florida are we talking about, I lived in Tampa and Holiday (north of Tarpon Springs and south of New Port Richey).

CodeNinja
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Just back from the store and mowing the yard, sorry.

Mr Mole is back, I thought broken_beech's two rambunctious dogs had driven him off, but he's back making little mole tunnels. I about broke my ankle when I was out watering flowers in the back yard. I've asked her to 'convince' him to move on. I think he's living under the shed, at least something is living under the shed. What is it with Florida and sheds with raised wooden floors? Are you people too good for concrete slabs? *LOL*

Anyway, 6dogs4us, I'm in Port Orange. I've been over to Tampa, though, we used to head down to Ft Myers from Michigan when I was younger to visit family. My grandparents would spend a Christmas in Michigan with us, then a Christmas in Ft Myers with my Aunt and her kids. They don't do that anymore, though, it got too hard on them. Actually, I bought my car in Tampa!

You've not met my office mate at work, Corey. If I can put up with him, anything she throws at me should be cake (I can say this because I don't think she's here reading over my shoulder... hopefully she won't see this as a challenge!). Corey goes at full throttle, with a razor sharp wit, and a keen intellect for numbers. We go back and forth all day. I have a pretty odd sense of humor myself, it puts some people off.

I'm going to have to find out if there is a name I can refer to her as on the forum. She gave me one to use, which isn't her full or real name, but I don't know yet if she'd be comfortable with me sharing it outside of the immediate family (broken beach knows). I feel a little uncomfortable calling her "my Kitsune", since she's not "mine" in any sense of the word. I think, if anything, she's more like a roommate. Who doesn't pay rent. Huh. Well, at least she's not making a mess and eating my food. *LOL*

I think I just figured out how to post threads, so I'm going to head over and introduce myself in the introductions forum. But first, gonna light this orange candle (strawberry incense, and other types, on the way) and have an orange!

BB, you said you left behind a box I could use as an offering box? Where is it, in the guest room?

Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

Welcome CodeNinja, son of broken_beech. Good to have you here. Sounds like you have an interesting roommate there. I had never heard of them before either. Sound very interesting though.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
StarryNight
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

welcome to the forum CN - sorry cant help u with info on ur new friend but im sure someone will :D you will find a wealth of knowledge here

Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Welcome codeninja! :D

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
CodeNinja
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :)

I have a lot of questions, but I can't get Search to work. I'm suspecting since I've not received an admin email, I don't have permission to do that. BBCode is off too :(

I'm surprised I can post, honestly!

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”