Ordered a Wraith, now what?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Yesterday I ordered a C4 Wraith with some spare money I received. What are your experiences with them generally? How did you bond with yours? I personally ordered a Wraith for protection (physical and magickal), dark magic & supernatural power, and to occasionally "right some wrongs", and to surround my self with that "back off" energy to my enemies (very few) or people I am not fond of and tend to annoy me (quite a lot).

I know you have to set ground rules once they enter your household, but just how strict should I be? If I didn't monitor him, would he hurt or kill everyone I got mad at? How badly can Wraiths even hurt someone (physically and emotionally)? Death/insanity or more like broken arm/ bad luck? I don't want my Wraith to be a serial killer or anything, but I want things in my life set straight and to be protected.

Your opinions, please
Casey a.k.a :skull: Psyclone :skull:

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Reverie
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Wraiths aren't something you really "bond" with. They just go about and do their job (well at least mine does) I've never had a problem with my Wraith. Although I did set a few ground rules. i.e; no harm to others. But then I also use mine for more of a protective stance against things.

If you don't believe in magic, then you can't believe in reality.
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Wraiths are not you touchy-feely spirits. They don't form the usual bonds with us but you still need to spend time with them to get acquainted with each other. Ground rules are very important for them, as well as other DA spirits, or they will act on your thoughts and feelings. Good luck :thumbup: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Peace, light & love

Phil

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

What DragonKeeper says is true. They are not touchy feeley, but they are fiercely loyal. They thrive on a healthy respect. A very good basic house rule: It's never okay to take revenge on a family member, no matter how upset I am with them. It's not okay to act on my emotions unless I give you the go ahead. Learning to control one's thought processes is one of the basics of being a good DA keeper.

Many people new to DA will find themselves with dark thoughts, but you must always be in control of these (instead of visa versa). Be honest, and straight forward with your wraith. Be firm but respectful. Talk to your wraith often during the bonding period (even though they are not talkative themselves), it will allow them to see who you are. Earning a wraith's respect is paramount to a healthy mutual relationship. Knowing that you will set boundaries that you adhere to yourself (via you thought processes ) is a good start.

Namaste,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
DarkRiderKnight
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Volkh
Zodiac:

Yes, I agree that wraith do not bond with us just like other spirits, because my
wraith is very quiet kind and he do not take revenge from anyone unless, i give
him permission to do so when you set your ground rule. Hope it is useful to you. :)

protoomega
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Pegasus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix
Zodiac:

Hm, I must have the oddball wraith then! He's an unbound that followed me home from a "ghost hunt" one night. He never starts a conversation, but he'll hold short ones if I ask him something. And he takes a great deal of pleasure in dishing out (non-harmful/deadly) vengeance on my behalf. House rules are a must though, otherwise a wraith will just follow your thoughts and/or emotions regarding someone.

Also, I know that there aren't any listed treats for wraith, but mine seems to appreciate if I either go outside or leave the curtains up during a thunderstorm-especially when there's lots of lightening (which happens often here in Oklahoma)!

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”