An idea regarding membership levels

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote: I may be making an adjustment to the requirements for Journeyman (Green) if a member has been here not quite a year but has been continuously active in posting.
:fingercross: :witch:

Sorry about the 3 posts, there is no edit button feature here.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

:offtopic:
(ANOTHER SUGGESTION)

How about an edit feature? Like every other forum. I would have loved to alter my past posts in some way to clear up some misunderstandings..~_~

Besides that...

YAYYYYYY RAINBOWY FRUITY COLORSZEz!! <:D ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::uni:: ::uni:: ::uni:: ::leprechaun:: ::leprechaun::

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I just had another thought, what about having a different color for those members who are collectors & practitioners? That way members who collect & have Marketplace or eBay listings on a regular basis will be easily recognizable? Just a thought, let me know what you think.
ohhh, i think that would be a benefical colour option for sure! :thumbup:

Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
Zodiac:

I love the new color system, I just wish that when I was tenured that we hadn't had unexpected issues where I was unable to sign in or participate. Poor Princess & Mags couldn't figure out the problem so we ended up having to delete my account & start over (hence the slight change to my name). So instead of reflecting how long I've really been here or how many posts I've made it only reflects the new account. I guess it's just more incentive for me to post, though my spirit companions stop me from posting most of the time. It's actually pretty annoying! I'll get it all typed up & right before I hit submit I get this feeling to stop & I just can't post. I guess there must be a reason & hopefully I'll find out why at some point

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte

Well, I am glad to see that everyone´s happy to keep up the hirarchy structures... It´s like being in the army.... :mrgreen:

No prob. Really.

On a side note for my excuse: I own a big and popular (non-spirit) forum in Germany since 1994 and we don´t have any membership levels whatsoever. It even works! :lol: Our community never talks about different colors, ranks or membership groups. We are all equal (because we are all adult).

Well, never mind. ;)
Maybe that was the reason why I reacted a little bit sensitive on the discussion. :shifty:

Sorry for that and willing to adjust.... :grouphug:

I was actually glad to finally see more of this board being tenured, still no PM´s though... :think: Hm. Okay, worse things happen at sea.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Reverie
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
Zodiac:

I do get where you are coming from, and I truly don't want to start anything. However the small font (was that a dig at us?) was kind of unnecessary.

If you don't believe in magic, then you can't believe in reality.
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
Zodiac:

Lilithesa wrote:Well, I am glad to see that everyone´s happy to keep up the hirarchy structures... It´s like being in the army.... :mrgreen:

No prob. Really.

On a side note for my excuse: I own a big and popular (non-spirit) forum in Germany since 1994 and we don´t have any membership levels whatsoever. It even works! :lol: Our community never talks about different colors, ranks or membership groups. We are all equal (because we are all adult).

Well, never mind. ;)
Maybe that was the reason why I reacted a little bit sensitive on the discussion. :shifty:

Sorry for that and willing to adjust.... :grouphug:

I was actually glad to finally see more of this board being tenured, still no PM´s though... :think: Hm. Okay, worse things happen at sea.

HUGGIESZ :hug:

Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte

Reverie wrote: However the small font (was that a dig at us?) was kind of unnecessary.
Maybe it was unnecessary but it actually demonstrates what I think about hirarchy in online communities.
We don´t know each other so I believe no one can judge about anyones experiences (or qualifications) - no matter how long anyone has been here or how much they have posted. It does not say anything about a person.

But like I said: Worse things happen at sea and I will not bother about colors, ranks and whathaveyou, cause to me it´s nonsense.
Liberté, légalité, éternité
All it means to me is how much I can see of this board. Sadly.
Last edited by Lilithesa on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Awww, gotta wait a few more months before I hit the orange glow. Oh well, glad to see the new green color and the other colors bopping around, the board looks a lot more festive. :D

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

Lilithesa wrote: We don´t know each other so I believe no one can judge about anyones experiences (or qualifications) - no matter how long anyone has been here or how much they have posted. It does not say anything about a person.
I disagree with this statement. As an active member I do feel like I know the some of the members of this board quite well. Due to the somewhat sensitive nature of this forum we open ourselves to each other and get to know each other in a friendly and understanding manner. Nearly,everyone I suggested should be moved to the color has been. This is because I know them well enough to be able to infer their status on the forum. CHF is a second family for some of us and family protects their own.

This not really about hierarchy it is about giving credit to those we respect and love.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca

Return to “Forum Suggestions”