An idea regarding membership levels

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Hammer
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Is there anyway to change the brightness of the color white for newly registered users? I find the brightness of it, almost blinding on the computer screen. I love the color white, but for whatever reason it's almost to intense. Just a thought.

Ordained Minister, Father, Padre', or Pastor "Hammer"

"In that book, which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, appear the words 'Here begins a new life."
Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I agree that it is a small way to recognize those who contribute to the community. It may not seem like a very big deal, but in order for a community to stay alive it must be active, otherwise it falls to the wayside.

As far as Lil is concerned, she hasn't been around long enough to remember the days when the forum was relatively new & constantly attacked by fly-by-night sellers who didn't like their reviews, or people who felt the paranormal was against religion, people who thought an open, public forum to discuss spirits & magic was evil, etc. Some of us still have battle scars from keeping this forum alive. I don't know what kind of forum Lil has but this one started as controversial because it was the first forum that allowed open & public discussion about Spirit Keeping and in doing so it attracted good & bad attention. We had to take strides to protect the members. People wanted to be able to discuss all of these things without fear of scrutiny from the ignorant, jealous, or unscrupulously motivated.

Perhaps some explanation would help... a long time ago when the forum started everyone had the same color. It wasn't that long ago we implemented the first color change which was to add tenure. We hid the more personal portions of the forum so those who wanted to share personal details could without having to fear they would be open to public mockery or public scrutiny. This is why we started two different levels of membership, we ended up making two separate colors so members would know which other members were actually tenured and they could feel comfortable opening up a little more to them. New people to the board would also know at a quick glance which members have been here a long time and might have answers for them.

The blue was implemented not that long ago for the members who've been here a year and a half or longer and again, people know at a quick glance who has been here a long time and can offer some advice or insight as far as topics pertaining to the forum. It doesn't mean people who are new don't have anything to contribute, there are some who join who have long been integrated in the paranormal. It just means for those who are completely new they know immediately those who might have answers to provide to newbie questions.

The green, as you know was just added, and I don't see anything that is not adult in recognizing those who contribute to the community.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be recognized for your good works and nothing wrong with acknowledging people for good works. What a very sad world this would be if we all abandoned the thought of paying homage to those who give back to others through any small or great effort. I don't think anyone here is treated any differently, given any less respect, or admonished in any way because of the color of their name. I'm sorry, but the thought of it is ludicrous, we were all new here at one time or another, even myself when Ash & I started this. The people here may sometimes be a bit passionate in their disagreements, but overall this community has always been comprised of giving, generous, thoughtful, and kind people. The community would not have lasted so long if it were not.

If for no other reason it clearly shows to any newcomer that the Spirit Keeping community is not only growing but has members who've been participating a long time and this isn't a new fad that will fade.
:applause:

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
MAGICKAL CURIOS
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Elston

Anyone knows how to get the color changed?
Im already tenured but the color still remains the same..anything wrong with it :think:

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

ANNA ELSTON wrote:Anyone knows how to get the color changed?
Im already tenured but the color still remains the same..anything wrong with it :think:
I was wondering the same thing the other day. Killar provided the answer,"Profile Tab. Usergroups. Apply for green/blue(or gold :D ). It's no one you really go to. Just have to be patient and wait for mag to make the next round of tenure/promotions if you qualify."

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca

Return to “Forum Suggestions”