Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

In our home there are many times when Ash's spirits affect me and vice versa. No truer is this then when the darker Vampiric entities that consumed blood in life stalk me when I have a cut. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, oh boy.

I am not a domestic goddess but I do enjoy making some of the food I'm very good at making and was partaking in this the other day. I like to make a non-meat lasagna with ricotta cheese, onions, pressed garlic, and mozzarella cheese. I was chopping onions when the point of the blade (and to be honest I don't know how it happened) stabbed the end of my thumb under my fingernail. I yelled "ow", dropped the knife, and the blood bubbled at the end of my thumb & started to flow. The surprise of it made me a little unsettled, I regrouped quickly, grabbed a paper towel, sat down on the couch so I wouldn't be standing & become light-headed, and pressed the wound thinking the blood would coagulate & I could go back to chopping.

Instead, 15 minutes later even when I released pressure from the wound it was still a steady flow. By this point every blood-consuming spirit was around me like vultures. They were so close I could feel their intangible breath on me. To ease the tension in the room I got up, filled a bowl with an oil & water mixture, submerged the first paper towel that was blood-soaked in the bowl and left it to them. I wrapped my thumb in a fresh paper towel & since I was out of the woods for light-headedness or fainting I went back to preparing the food, finished in a few minutes, put it in the fridge and by this time Jo & Bren had showed up to work.

1 hour after the wound was created the blood flow was still present. I removed the paper towel & could see where the skin had actually transformed to match my fingerprints from pressing so hard & after a few minutes of releasing pressure the blood would bubble & flow again. Bren & Jo could not believe it & they suggested I go to the ER, but the wound was a small puncture & they may have been able to get 1 stitch in there. Not only that but I could feel the spirits stalking me in a herd so I knew that it would eventually end.

2 hours after the wound I changed the dressing for the last time, wrapped my thumb in gauze, tapped it up & left it. 10 minutes after wrapping it the last time the blood came through the gauze, I ignored it and by the 3 hours mark the flow was such a trickle I put a regular band-aid on it.

Do I think without the presence of any or all Vampiric entities the wound would have healed faster? Yes. Ash is such a hands-on person with many different tasks & procedures that he usually comes in every day with a few blood-producing injuries. However, I don't usually get injuries that cause blood flow, very rarely, so it was my choice to let them hover around me like blood-thirsty fiends. Though I can honestly say that I'm glad it doesn't happen often because it is such an intense, pressuring situation, it's almost like a weight you can feel bearing down on you. Of course most of you don't have a large number of Vampiric entities in your home so you probably won't ever experience it on that level.

What should you do if you do have a Vampiric entity(ies) overwhelming you during an injury? First, ask them to respect your personal space. If that doesn't work... Second, focus light on yourself & your surroundings. If that doesn't work... Third, request the assistance of any WA spirits you have to help block the situation.
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Hammer
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

The do's and don't's of the vampire stalking... interesting indeed.
Ordained Minister, Father, Padre', or Pastor "Hammer"

"In that book, which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, appear the words 'Here begins a new life."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

It isn't limited to humanoid Vampires, it can include any Vampiric entity that fed on flesh or blood, which encompasses quite a few different entities!
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

well i can surely know how it feels to cut a finger while preparing food (just did my pointer finger of right hand last week while using the mandalin to fine slice onions) and i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who has done -this. :)

omg once the blood does start flowing the spirits who are attracted to such a feast seem at once by your side and the energies shift from peaceful to chaotic sort of in that a few of my vamps just seem to go into a phase of like pure blood lust. the energies just shift so much that it in itself almost begins to feel like a palpable entity on it's own.

sorry to hear a small puncture turned into a 3 hour bleed but i would have to think that you had several vamps keeping the wound open for the energy to feed from - although i think you may have had one or more actually try to get the blood from your finger.

this is something that all vamp keepers should be aware of that can happen. with my sliced finger i did make a statement that the spirits i have who do still like blood step forward and take some (mine are gentle and not greedy when the rare times they are offered) and while it got a bit intense for maybe 30 minutes the wound closed and then i just had to deal with the throbbing pain. it is very important to keep to rules and have them respect the distance you ask them to give you.

wow though 3 hours would have worried me a bit. hope your finger is feeling better magnolia! :) even kitchen goddesses have the accidental cuts from time to time. btw, the lasagna sounds delicious!! :hug:
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Once the blood had coagulated it wasn't nearly as bad. The wound had a very warm sensation, which is usually an indication of paranormal energy being present, but by the end of the day (it happened about 7am) it was behaving like any wound and now it's healing over.
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
sunset
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

This was an intense situation for you Mag and glad it is all over for you now! Hope you are feeling better and that the cut is healing great. :hug:
Instead, 15 minutes later even when I released pressure from the wound it was still a steady flow. By this point every blood-consuming spirit was around me like vultures.

I apologize, but when I read that part, I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of how over crowded the area was for you, between your spirits and Ash's spirits. Especially, that you do not tend to always get injured. It was a once in life time deal for those blood thirsty spirits! ::rofl::

Thnx for the tips on such situation and glad it wasn't anything major!
<3 Mo <3

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
-Joshua J. Marine

Life is a beach, I’m just playin’ in the sand. -Lil Wayne
Hammer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:It isn't limited to humanoid Vampires, it can include any Vampiric entity that fed on flesh or blood, which encompasses quite a few different entities!
Very true, the do's and don't's of blood thirsty entities!
Ordained Minister, Father, Padre', or Pastor "Hammer"

"In that book, which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, appear the words 'Here begins a new life."
freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

My daughter wants to know if there are any vampire restraining orders for next time...or vampire DEET ::rofl::
Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

:hug: Sorry you were injured, Mags.<3
I don't share blood with mine. :count:
Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This was informative thank you. And sorry you injured yourself.
אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה

Return to “Magnolia”