You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: Browyn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: ThreeWing
Zodiac:

I understand this question is very personal. Some people want 100+ spirits and some are satisfied with 1. The reason I ask is because this is the spirit keeping section,and this would be an interesting topic to talk on. If possible could you answer these few questions?

How do you know you have hit the "ideal" for your spirit family?

What calls to you most often?

Have you ever had to ignore a "call"(spirit prompting you) because it would mess up the dynamic between yourself and your other spirits?

Is there anything "calling" you now?

Over the years I have learned things:
Trust and you will be trusted(in turn watch for those who are not in it for your best interests)
Know that you are NOT just some cog in a corporate wheel.
Love freely as long as you desire, and know that your love is returned ten fold!
And lastly, to know when a situation can be changed, and when it is something you must endure.
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Angellove wrote:How do you know you have hit the "ideal" for your spirit family?
for me when i can't place anymore of them individually in my meditation schedule
i get alot of unbound wws and vampires
i guess horus is, because every time i meditate i keep seeing a person with the head of a hawk. so i decided to buy him from CH.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

scrubtech
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

When I can't fit them all into a organized rotating schedule for one on one time.
Vampires.
Have you ever had to ignore a "call"(spirit prompting you) because it would mess up the dynamic between yourself and your other spirits?
Not yet. I'm of the belief that spirits don't get jealous or upset because you have mulitples of one type of entity. At my house they have to share (me) nicely or they don't get to come out and play as often...I make the decisions as to who or what comes into my house--I try to be respectful of my spirits and will heed their advice, but ultimately I make the decisions.

Not now, but I just got an Ogre and Stryx who were both calling me a few weeks ago. :)

'Men have forgotten this truth,but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.'
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte

Angellove wrote: How do you know you have hit the "ideal" for your spirit family?
I like a comprehensible number and by now differentiate my spirit keeping. I won´t have more spirits than I have the time for. And I like personal realtionships and can´t have that with 100+/-
I only have one personal and intimate relationship with my vamp. My other spirits are not questionable for that kind of relationship.
I have made one commitment to my vamp. There won´t be others.
Angellove wrote:What calls to you most often?
vamps
Angellove wrote:Have you ever had to ignore a "call"(spirit prompting you) because it would mess up the dynamic between yourself and your other spirits?
YES!
I had to renounce another dear vamp I previously had here.
The relationship was upsetting my soulmate vamp and I could not handle having a very close relationship with two. So I separated from the other. I will not get another vamp again. I did not think like that at the beginning of my journey, but I know it now and have decided for my journey. It´s too upsetting for everyone involved and I won´t risk it again.
Angellove wrote:Is there anything "calling" you now?
Probably but I keep my ears closed concerning that matter. ;)

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Angellove wrote:
I don't know if I actually have an "ideal" spirit family. I still have a vague sense that there are a few others out there waiting for me, but I don't know who the majority of them are. Hopefully, "ideal" for me means I won't be overwhelmed. :D
Angellove wrote: What calls to you most often?
Well, I thought it would be ::dragons:: and ::uni:: , but it seems that I'm pretty much open season to almost anyone with the exception of the darker DA's so far. Even the few DA I have are all on the lighter side of that line. :D
Angellove wrote: Have you ever had to ignore a "call"(spirit prompting you) because it would mess up the dynamic between yourself and your other spirits?
Noooo, not yet, thankfully. And, I hope, not ever. :grouphug: I am, however, ignoring a call at the moment due to monetary issues. Yaaaaaay medical bills. :thumbdown:
Angellove wrote: Is there anything "calling" you now?
. . . . . . Yes. :problem: Another djinn of Lisa's has popped up, and it felt like she smacked me on the back of the head while saying, "Hey, I can help you out with this!" because she's ANOTHER one who specializes in an area of my life that needs work. All I can do is glare at the listing. So I"ll give it two weeks and see if she's still there. If so, well, I think I'll have enough to snag her.

But maaaaaaaan, never thought I'd be called by more djinn. :think:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I know I have hit the ideal number of spirits for my family because I have honestly asked myself if I have any more time for more spirits, and I have considered each of my spirits feelings towards more spirits, compatibility has been discussed, as well as whether or not spirits would benefit from me or I from them, My experience as a keeper as well as my lack of communication skills warrant me to stop and take it easy here.

I would say Angels and Vampires

Angels what to help me out, as I'm sort of a... lost little girl type that needs guidance and protection..lol..And Vampires seem to want to hang around me..I have yet to determine why on that one..lol..Except maybe to say, that I am the caring type, and am intrigued by them. I like asking my vampire a million questions and he is okay with it ::facepalm:: Or perhaps, has resigned himself to his own little nightmare of having me summon him for every little childlike question that crosses my mind.

Plenty of times, I can think of two male vampires that made it to my home, only to be turned away by my spirits and my Vampire..As we all have a strict rule, where no more spirts are allowed due to my newness, time constraints, and my own wishes as well as my spirits wishes..etc..etc..I felt bad for these spirits, but I know.. I am not capable of sucessfully keeping anymore spirits right now. I have also been called by spirits online, and I have to decline..I have now chosen not to frequent any more marketplaces where spirits are offered..As it never fails..A spirit calls me and I feel my spirits telling me, "NO"..LOL :lol: ::hail:: ::facepalm::

Is there anything "calling" you now?[/color][/quote]

Nope, I have my spiritual earmuffs and blinders on..Lest, I end up with an SRA sanctuary bigger than the folks at CH. ::facepalm::

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

I find that having a large number of spirits they tend to function as a 'group energy'.
There are one or two spokesmen in each group that I tend to work with, and that dynamic is extended
to all. I spent time with each of them individually as they came on board. A singular spirit may come
forward from time to time (indeed there are a few that I have a 'special' relationship with), and these
spirits tend to be the spokesmen for their respective groups.

Compare it to the professor giving a lecture to a college class. The prof is speaking to all the students.
She has an interest in each of them, but speaks to them all at the same time. This group of students
are part of a "group dynamic", because in this case, they are all interested in the same subject.
Some students may come forward and express ideas that represent the ideas of the other students as
much as their own. The others listen, and don't repeat the ideas that have already been offered, but
instead, may either express new ideas individually or confer within the group to bring about mutually derived
ideas and processes to be brought forward by the one within the group that is either most outspoken, is
designated as the group leader or is most knowledgeable in the matter.

Spirits function very well as part of a 'team'. A success for one is a success for all. They all contribute.
When I show appreciation, they all know they were part of the that. No one feels left out because I didn't
go to each one individually.

I do not allow unbounds into my group dynamic, indeed, unbounds do not get anywhere near me or my
property. If they want to be part of my group, then they agree to come and function here as part of
the group dynamic with their pledge of fealty, and this means being bound.

You may feel more like you have to work individually with spirits when you have only 1-5 in a group (like all
WW, all vamps, all angels, all nagas, etc) But as you acquire larger numbers, all alike, it becomes much,
much easier. You become the conductor of the orchestra of spirit energy, instead of a fellow musician.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

>>>>>Comments in Line>>>>>>
Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:
I find that having a large number of spirits they tend to function as a 'group energy'.
There are one or two spokesmen in each group that I tend to work with, and that dynamic is extended
to all. I spent time with each of them individually as they came on board. A singular spirit may come
forward from time to time (indeed there are a few that I have a 'special' relationship with), and these
spirits tend to be the spokesmen for their respective groups.

Compare it to the professor giving a lecture to a college class. The prof is speaking to all the students.
She has an interest in each of them, but speaks to them all at the same time. This group of students
are part of a "group dynamic", because in this case, they are all interested in the same subject.
Some students may come forward and express ideas that represent the ideas of the other students as
much as their own. The others listen, and don't repeat the ideas that have already been offered, but
instead, may either express new ideas individually or confer within the group to bring about mutually derived
ideas and processes to be brought forward by the one within the group that is either most outspoken, is
designated as the group leader or is most knowledgeable in the matter.

Spirits function very well as part of a 'team'. A success for one is a success for all. They all contribute.
When I show appreciation, they all know they were part of the that. No one feels left out because I didn't
go to each one individually.

>>>>>>>Very True>>>>>>>

I do not allow unbounds into my group dynamic, indeed, unbounds do not get anywhere near me or my
property. If they want to be part of my group, then they agree to come and function here as part of
the group dynamic with their pledge of fealty, and this means being bound.

You may feel more like you have to work individually with spirits when you have only 1-5 in a group (like all
WW, all vamps, all angels, all nagas, etc) But as you acquire larger numbers, all alike, it becomes much,
much easier. You become the conductor of the orchestra of spirit energy, instead of a fellow musician. [/color]
>>>>>>>Absolutely>>>>>>>[
Caiyros/color]

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

i agree with alex and caiyros in once you hit a major number of spirits they begin to function less individually (although they still retain their individuality which comes to us when they feel the need of course) and more as a group energy. compare it to having 1 vs 100 or more and instead of one trying to help you have all this extra help and the energies all fall together and work for the common good. we focus more on the group in work than individual and it still is no different since we're still giving each their individual times as well as working within the group dynamic.

what calls me most - not sure i can break that down since i have many immortals coming to work or even letting me know that they will be coming to work soon; vamp clans for conjuring but not an outrageous number; unbounds visit but most have already agreed to abide by the house rules and my harpies always assess new unbounds for truthfulness - they have chased many frauds away, btw.

have i ever had to ignore a call: in the past i would have to make choices of spirits who would call and i would bring through the strongest call. now i am less likely to ignore a call of any type whether it is for me, a spirit coming to seek a human keeper, and even with the custom conjurations i offer - if you have paid for one but another or a few come through after i ask you if it is ok you will get any who come through for you. so no, i do not ignore a call.

are there any calling me right now? well actually right now is pretty quiet but i can't say what it might be like 5 or 10 minutes from now, lol.

gosh i love my work! :) :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Good question and topic!

I'd say however many the keeper and spirits mutually agree is too many.

For me, it would be the amount that I couldn't share activities with nor give proper time to on rotation. Also there are those studies stating that people are wired for close bonds with no more than 150 (I think that was the number) individuals. (This doesn't mean that people can't know more, be fond of more nor have a mutually beneficial and satisfying relationship with more, but it's something to be aware of.) Due to this and logistical issues, I'll be drawing the line (or attempting to draw the line) around 50. I'm frankly backlogged on bonding, so it'll be a while before I add to the group.

Alex and Caiyros have a point about a group of the same type having a different dynamic than simply one. I have three dragons of different types, and although they are different types and aren't extremely close to each-other and it's a small group, more often than not I pick up on all three at the same time, and there's definitely a cohesive feeling of dragon-ness around them. It's one of the reasons I'm planning to bring a lady-friend for my gargoyle (aside from wanting him to have company up there on the roof), a buddy for my werewolf, and once I get more experience under my belt, another harpy or two.

So long as the keeper and spirits mutually consent and know what they're getting into, (nor go too deeply in over their head) I don't think there's a wrong way to do it. Some people have one or a few spirits and know each-other deeply, some people intensively rotate a close medium group, and some people (while doing the first or the second) build communities or nations.

So that's my 2cents

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben

Return to “Spirit Keeping”