Armenian Gods and Goddesses

Resources and links to information on immortals from various cultures.
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

I will be posting every so often a small bio on the gods and goddesses of ancient Armenia. Some of them draw parallels to Greek and Iranian gods as it is thought that each of these cultures influenced each other.

The first I will talk about is one of my favorites as I relate to her. She is Tsovinar or Nar. She is the Armenian goddess of water, sea, and rain. She is what they call a fire creature, she forces the rain and hail to fall from the heavens with her fury.
Her name Tsovinar means "Nar of the sea".

She is mentioned in the Armenian book called Noah's Book. The god Khardi is angry with mankind for two great sins, disrespecting G-d and bread. He decides to exterminate mankind through a flood. Tsovinar his brother is angry about his decision and refuses to help being the goddess of water. He goes behind her back and decides to do it anyway. One of the gods warns Noah and thus Noah builds the Ark and lives.

It is not coincidence that the Ark is thought to be in the Armenian mountains, specifically Ararat. The gods are over joyed that he escaped and lived and are angry at Khardi.

Not much else is mentioned of her, but I find her an very interesting Immortal to have around as I am a fire sign, however, a water element.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
Zodiac:

Ooh, good idea posting info about gods many probably don't know about. Thanks for the info. :thumbup: I might consider doing a piece on Finnish gods.

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you Hupsu :)

I would be very interested about learning about the Finnish gods!

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I forgot about this thread a little *ahem*

Some gods I am working with now are called the Aralez or Aralezner
They oldest gods in the Armenian pantheon, they are in the form of dog-like creatures and have the power to resuscitate fallen warriors and resurrect the dead by licking wounds clean.

Working with them as immortals I find they are excellent at healing magic, and they work extremely well with my daemons. They are also excellent at warriors energy enhancement, almost gifting me some the energy they exchanged with warriors at times.

Unfortunately, it is really a shame that so much was destroyed of ancient Armenia when Christianity took over. But what's done is done.

Will dig out the book I have, Xorenatsi's History of Armenia, and will get back to putting more into this post :)

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
Tethys
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire/Ubi/Alpha
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

:thumbup: Excellent work!

A master of one's emotions is a master of one's self.
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you ^^

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Through working with, and reading (although there is very little available) about the Armenian gods, goddesses and the folklore of ancient Armenia, I've come to know them as some of the most wise and good-hearted immortals that I've come across. There are many of those who say that they are mirrored after the Greek, Iranian, and Egyptian Immortals, but through working with them, I have to disagree. Some do display similar characteristics, but they are inherently their own. I encourage anyone who is interested in maybe not your "run of the mill" immortal to maybe think of a few of these amazing gods and goddesses!

Ok, back to information!

Still haven't dug out my book, but here's another from memory and some personal experiences with her :)

Anahit she is the goddess of fertility and birth, and the wife of Aramazd who is like the "head god" or the creator. She is one of the most loved and honored Armenian goddesses, and is often shown with a child in her hands, her way of saying we are all her children, her hair pulled back in traditional Armenian style. There is even a mountain in Rome that is thought to be her throne. Anahit and I have a very close relationship, she often calls me "child" and is very motherly.
Scholars associate her with Artemis and Aphrodite, which I can see, however, my experiences with both Artemis and Aphrodite definitely are different than my experiences with Anahit.
She works well with self confidence, especially when working with the immortals, even accompanying me to speak with some of the more intimidating ones. She's like a mother who lets her child take off on the bike without training wheels, but is never too far behind in case she has to catch them ^^ she is a wonderful immortal and a pleasure to have around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Oooooh, Anahit sounds insanely lovely!!

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks, Aly and she is!!!

Next up, the head god, the creator, also known as the sun god, Aramazd.

Aramazd is associated with Zeus and while they are quite similar, Aramazd has more a grandfather type personality than Zeus does. Aramazd is like the traditional grandfather, with wise sayings and such. Not that Zeus doesn't but with me at least, Zeus is more of the cool dad, where as Aramazd is more like my dad lol.
Anyway, Aramazd is known as the Master of all Armenian gods, the father of all gods and goddess in the Armenian Pantheon, and the creator of heaven and earth. He is known as Great and Courageous as he fights for mankind, his children. Aramazd is also responsible for the earth’s and humanity's fertility. He is celebrated on March 21, it is known as Am'nor, or New Year, this is also the spring equinox. He is associated with new beginnings and helping you to reap the benefits of all of your hard work :) A wonderful god to have around if you are working towards a particular goal!

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Next up, in honor of the Armenian New Year (mark it, March 21st people!) *drum roll please*

We have Vahagn. Also spelled Vahangn, he is the third god of Armenian Pantheon. He is the god of thunder and lightning. Also he was a god of war. Armenian armies would ask for his support before going to war. He is also known as a herculean hero noted for slaying dragons. He was also worshiped as a sun-god and a god of courage. He is associated by scholars with Hercules, but there is to me a definite difference in energy. Vahagn is like an older brother in a sense. He watches out for me and is very protective, but can have a wicked sense of humor as well. He is extremely charming but can be very blunt with his advice of fortitude and staying with the course of things laid out for me. Vahagn is great for bringing out that warrior side, with a lot of tough love and support to go with it.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE

Return to “Immortal Information and Cultures”