big witch little witch

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

big witch little witch

Postby sadlotus79 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:03 pm

hi . how about a big witch, little witch buddy system.

i have been on the search for a older non crazy mentor for a while now.maybe ch could get some of the older ones who would like to volunteer and match them up with some of the ones looking for a mentor. and match them based on what kind of magic and witch they are.

because i know for myself i have hundreds of questions about spirit keeping and magic and i dont really want to take over the forum with all my questions. kinda like a big brother program.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends

Re: big witch little witch

Postby Wiccan Warrior Alex » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:28 pm

I think the idea is valuable, give it some thought about how best to accomplish this and please post.
My mentor in business once told me: Never go to the head of the company with a problem, go with the problem and at least
3 solutions. I've used that advice, and it has served me well.

As to inundating the forum with your questions, please do. Post a few a day. If you are asking these questions, then
others probably want to know too.

I, and others I know, would welcome some serious questions for discussion on spirit keeping and magick.

Sometimes we post links to old posts. This is not because we are saying: see here you should look this up with the search button.
What we are saying is: hey, I remember a great post on the subject, I remember about when it was said and who posted it so I
was able to find it pretty easily out of the 100's of posts, so here's the link: Enjoy! Someone searching at random, may go thru
20,30,40 posts and not find a particular tidbit of information which one of us older members who remember it can find in going thru 4 or 5.

Namaste,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Postby sadlotus79 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

hi Alex. lets use you for example as an big witch,compared to me i am sure that you are and would make a great mentor but would you and i sync?

for example i could post that i want to work in faery wicca or egyptian magic or hedge or kitchen witch.etc.whether i am extremely new or not.white/dark/both

and you being a big witch could read and see whether or not you think we could match,what you could bring to the table and what you expect from a student. then if both agree CH could exchange our emails for us,since some of us do not have pm abilities.

or we could fill out a questionaire and ch matches witches based on their answers given.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)

Postby Lampropeltis » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:As to inundating the forum with your questions, please do. Post a few a day. If you are asking these questions, then
others probably want to know too.

I, and others I know, would welcome some serious questions for discussion on spirit keeping and magick

Dear Gods, yes please!

I agree that good mentors are hard to find.
The thing is, finding a live human mentor in your area who is...
A. not crazy
B. of a compatible disposition
C. interested in similar stuff and
D. capable of magicking their way out of a wet paper bag.
is exremely difficult. But worth it. (and alas, I don't have one. I've met several extraordinary mentors in my life, but none with a focus on magic and none currently within a 300 mile radius. Also you'd be surprised how often B. isn't an issue till you learn enough to ask good questions or suggest alternatives. :lol: )

But with CH, you have a pool of possibly ten elders. (and umpteen people in various shades of intermediate, many of whom would love a mentor themselves) And while you can be passably confident of A. and D, that's a tiny pool to match up, even if all volunteer for a program.

Me, I currently learn from my spirits (twitchy though my communication is), books, trial and error and the scientific method (which can be employed outside of currently accepted sciences) and asking questions on forums. For more, I really need someone physically standing next to me.

I really hope you find someone.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben

Return to “Forum Suggestions”