venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

ok so long story short is i am very new to magick and have no mentor.i am a solitary witch in training.

i am looking to do a cleaning in my daughters room and eventually the whole house.

this is what i have done so far...any kind and positive suggestions are most welcome.please let me know if i have left anything out as well.

first i swept the floor of her room,and did a general cleaning up.

i then burned incense.it puts me in the right mood and smells nice

then i called up and went around the room with all the elements and asked for their blessing and removal of negative energy.

(i asked my goddesses for their blessings as well.of course)

i lined her bedroom window with salt and a little ...well for lack of a better word a token to keep out negativity......

so if i remember correctly that was pretty much it, oh and i asked for my plant friends help as well.

so how often should i do this and did i miss anything? :think:
When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
LighthouseKeeper
new here
new here

Small cups of saltwater, or copper charms, can do wonders as well. It is one thing to clean up, it is another to prevent buildup. What kind of negativity is she experiencing? Suncatchers, dreamcatchers, and glow-in-the-dark trinkets (not kidding on this one, they soak up the light and give it back to you when you need it) can help in various ways, depending on what she needs.
Blessing or curing the windowsills is a great start, but also try her door frame and the doors on your house. Anywhere the bad stuff can enter, it should be prohibited.
I'm sure others have great input as well, hope this helps.
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

No, that sounds just fine. There are many methods of cleansing, what you did is a mighty fine ritual. I prefer to burn white sage and call upon the gods and such.

Try looking up the principles of Wiccan (assuming that's what you are) magick and beliefs. You don't have to follow a strict path with religions like wicca and paganism, so have fun. :hug:

A site I used to use is http://www.spellsofmagic.com/. You can join online covens for free and get mentored, or simply read articles and user-submitted spells. They also have a basic store, if you need supplies.
RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

hi i am not sure what i am right now.

as it goes i wont label myself by saying yes i am wiccan or no i am not.

i have some understanding of the wiccan practices (basic level).

i have some online wiccan friends that i chat with on occasion that have helped me when questions have popped up.hehe but i ask so many questions they are getting tired haha..

sage is a really good for smudging i use it when i have it ...

i will check out the website thanks.

i am hoping others will post as well so i can learn some new techniques as well.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

prior to doing any sort of "calling up or in" i hope everyone knows to cast a protective circle around you or your area. while salt on a window is a help, salt around the entire perimeter is actually what you should do.

as to any online courses or classes i highly recommend either witch school or grey's school of wizardry. problem with learning online though is the mentor can not see if something is being learned right or even being done right.

my biggest suggestion to any "witch-in-training" is this: sit down and think seriously is this something i really want to commit my life to. problem with online chat is anyone can claim to be anything online unfortunately and how do you as a novice/beginner know when you're being the truth or not. this is not the life for everyone nor should it be. it can be one of the most rewarding paths anyone can dedicate their life to....but please, do not dabble or pick and choose how you learn. the most important items in our craft are also the most boring - i have yet to hear anyone state the importance of even a ritual bath (with the exception of sister alex).

try witch school and/or even go to your local borders books and get witch school level one. go chapter by chapter and do not rush through! level one should take a year to complete, even longer because the chapters should be gone through until it comes almost second nature.

i hope this information helps. also be warned ahead of time that witches are still not popular and it is not something the general public are going to want to hear. your family may not want to be involved and you may find yourself ostracized in many areas. just consider all of this because you will have to deal with this at some point. hope this helps. :hug: :grouphug:
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

reply to crone from sadlotus

i do cast my circle,i did not state it in here because that just seemed like second nature...everyone does it right?i would hope.

i used the salt in the window as an extra ''boost''i have actually gone around my entire house (all windows/doors) and yard with salt

i take everything i read or hear online with a grain of salt most of the time with books i have read. some things that have not felt right to me and i end up following my gut.if it doesn't feel right or sing the same tune as my inner spirit i do not do it.

i agree about the ritual bath,sometimes though if something has come up that i dont have time for a full bath i wash my face,arms and feet.but i am also not working heavy duty hard core magicks,basics like cleaning an area,offerings,etc.i prefer to have a solid foundation and not be like a house made of cards.

this is one of the reasons that i am solitary.while starting out it would probably help to be in a coven, it just doesnt feel right to me.as for being not popular. that honestly is fine with me.i pretty much am an outcast already,and to me my spiritual beliefs are a personal thing, the only reason i comment on this forum is because i have seen some like minded individuals on here and i relish the oppertunity to chat with them
John Muir

Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
datura720
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sang Vamps.
If I could be anything, I would be...: For right now, vamps
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: datura
Zodiac:

I'm a solitary too! :thumbup:
Like everyone else pretty much said, you have done very well already! I will echo what was mentioned about sage-that is a must have! I go out every 2 weeks and buy 3 or 4 large sage sticks. Sage is my fave-it is the most used out of all of my magick tools. I use only white, I've tried the other mixes, like cedar and lavender, but they're just not for me.
I also have these others as general means of protection along with house cleanings:
-There is a pair of open scissors hanging over my front door on the inside to cut off negative energy from entering. Also, a cluster of acorns over the door on the outside.
-I sleep with hematite stones right next to repel negative energy/entities.
-I used to have a horseshoe hanging over my door, pointing up attached with iron nails. I cannot find it after we moved though!

I do a general cleansing every month always on a Sunday, but in my bedroom at least every few days. We are never so vulnerable as when we are sleeping. The monthly thing is not a rule set in stone however, I will do it sooner if necessary, like after I have the occasional argument with my hubby. If negative vibes hang around too long, it will indeed attract other negative things! or, if a visitor comes over who I feel has negative energy. This will not happen often though-the scissor thing I mentioned? Well, it works wonders! In our previous home, we had what I'd like to call the neighbors from hell! They were always coming over bumming cigarettes from my husband, they fought constantly, the husband was a drug addict, and other things that they did or said that were unsavory. Even when they were evicted and had to move, they stole things from our basement! Anyhow, after I put up scissors, I swear, this guy NEVER set foot in our house again!! Before that, he was one of those who would pretty much walk in without being invited. The first time he came knocking after I put the scissors up, he actually stood at the door, hesitant to come in almost as if an invisible bouncer was there at the door holding him back!
Also, the website that was mentioned before http://www.spellsofmagic.com/login.html I'm a member there too. I'd love to talk with you by PM here, but since I'm so new I haven't earned those wings yet! We can however, chat at that site. My member name is the exact same as it is here. So if you join, find me over there if you'd like to!
Datura

I break s*** the hard way
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

datura720 wrote:I'm a solitary too! :thumbup:
Like everyone else pretty much said, you have done very well already! I will echo what was mentioned about sage-that is a must have! I go out every 2 weeks and buy 3 or 4 large sage sticks. Sage is my fave-it is the most used out of all of my magick tools. I use only white, I've tried the other mixes, like cedar and lavender, but they're just not for me.
I also have these others as general means of protection along with house cleanings:
-There is a pair of open scissors hanging over my front door on the inside to cut off negative energy from entering. Also, a cluster of acorns over the door on the outside.
-I sleep with hematite stones right next to repel negative energy/entities.
-I used to have a horseshoe hanging over my door, pointing up attached with iron nails. I cannot find it after we moved though!

I do a general cleansing every month always on a Sunday, but in my bedroom at least every few days. We are never so vulnerable as when we are sleeping. The monthly thing is not a rule set in stone however, I will do it sooner if necessary, like after I have the occasional argument with my hubby. If negative vibes hang around too long, it will indeed attract other negative things! or, if a visitor comes over who I feel has negative energy. This will not happen often though-the scissor thing I mentioned? Well, it works wonders! In our previous home, we had what I'd like to call the neighbors from hell! They were always coming over bumming cigarettes from my husband, they fought constantly, the husband was a drug addict, and other things that they did or said that were unsavory. Even when they were evicted and had to move, they stole things from our basement! Anyhow, after I put up scissors, I swear, this guy NEVER set foot in our house again!! Before that, he was one of those who would pretty much walk in without being invited. The first time he came knocking after I put the scissors up, he actually stood at the door, hesitant to come in almost as if an invisible bouncer was there at the door holding him back!
Also, the website that was mentioned before http://www.spellsofmagic.com/login.html I'm a member there too. I'd love to talk with you by PM here, but since I'm so new I haven't earned those wings yet! We can however, chat at that site. My member name is the exact same as it is here. So if you join, find me over there if you'd like to!
i cant pm here which is probably a good thing because i know 2 people on here i would bug constanly with questions,haha alex and crone for starters..hehehe....
i will join the group and we can pm to our hearts contant there..haha..i am also going to use the scissors like you mentioned. i hadnt heard of that before.so i am going to go buy an extra pair and hang em up lol...
John Muir

Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

i think i added you. using sadlotus as my id as well
John Muir

Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

datura720 wrote: Also, the website that was mentioned before http://www.spellsofmagic.com/login.html I'm a member there too. I'd love to talk with you by PM here, but since I'm so new I haven't earned those wings yet! We can however, chat at that site. My member name is the exact same as it is here. So if you join, find me over there if you'd like to!
As is mine! PsycloneDeth. I have added you both.
RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”